Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

At least it was better than the last two. 

Reveal hidden contents

Some right time wasting scenes mind, like watching Brienne write a load of pages about Jaime. 

I’m still confused why that Gray Worm was so adamant Jon was going to die, then was fine Jon got sent to the wall, then Gray Worm and the Unsullied immediately fucked off. Meanwhile the rest were like “aye sorry like Jon” :lol:. I get they wanted him to end by being back with his wildling mates, but the whole “back to the nights watch was a bit cack imo.

Brienne filling that book in wasn't time wasting. That was The Book Of Brothers. Someone once took the piss out of Jamie for not having anything in his entry so her filling it in was a nice touch. 

Also, Ser Podrick. Get in lad :lol:

I wasn't totally satisfied with the ending but then again I'm not sure that there's any ending that could have left me overjoyed.

Spoiler

It's going to be a right pain in the hole though to make the Red Keep wheelchair accessible. 

Edited by ewerk

I can see why there'll be mass whinging but I actually enjoyed it - it generally made sense. 

Then again I have no problem with the end of Dexter so I know I'm a freak when it comes to these tbings. 

8 hours ago, Bizza said:

Hide contents

Brienne filling that book in wasn't time wasting. That was The Book Of Brothers. Someone once took the piss out of Jamie for not having anything in his entry so her filling it in was a nice touch. 

Also, Ser Podrick. Get in lad :lol:

I understood the point of it and thought it was a nice way to end it, just feel it didn’t need to go on for as long as it did.

Enjoyed that well enough, last episodes of shows that know they are the last episode are always a bit odd.

Opening half was fantastically tense, some artistic licence taken on plot points but not any I really care about.

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How the fuck did that self righteous pillock Snow murder the queen then not either get eaten by the dragon or offed by Greyworm?  Fuck off man :glare:

One would guess the fact that she was missing rather than a corpse on the floor lead to some confusion perhaps? 

I was gearing up for Jon vs Greyworm though, that mightve been fun. 

• Like 1

Greyworm had become annoying as fuck but i agree, I don't understand why he just accepted that. I also don't understand why, immediately after Greyworm left forever, they didnt just bring Snow back.

Dany died satisfyingly. I think in the end that Tyrion effectively "won" the game.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Greyworm had become annoying as fuck but i agree, I don't understand why he just accepted that. I also don't understand why, immediately after Greyworm left forever, they didnt just bring Snow back.

Dany died satisfyingly. I think in the end that Tyrion effectively "won" the game.

Theres no way he wanted to tbh, I'd be surprised if (in an imaginary epilogue) he ever actually went back to the wall after passing beyond it anyway. 

Bit of a damp squib of an ending. Though all the action was last week so this was always likely to be the case. Dragon tits’ end was a bit too easy, I thought. I thought Arya would have more to do besides setting sail to discover the Americas. The most annoying scene was Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei’s bodies. The whole fucking building was in rubble - how convenient the fake hand was poking out.

All in all, one of the best series ever. Breaking Bad still rules supreme for me though, the way it wrapped up was more satisfying. It’ll be interesting to see how the books differ, if old man Martin doesn’t die before he finishes them.   

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Theres no way he wanted to tbh, I'd be surprised if (in an imaginary epilogue) he ever actually went back to the wall after passing beyond it anyway. 

Conveniently he was sent to where he'd be happiest. 

• Like 1

Also bringing back Robin Arryn for one "Aye" was a pisstake - it sort of made sense who was there (apart from the two anonymous fuckers) but the whole thing still jarred. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bit of a damp squib of an ending. Though all the action was last week so this was always likely to be the case. Dragon tits’ end was a bit too easy, I thought. I thought Arya would have more to do besides setting sail to discover the Americas. The most annoying scene was Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei’s bodies. The whole fucking building was in rubble - how convenient the fake hand was poking out.

All in all, one of the best series ever. Breaking Bad still rules supreme for me though, the way it wrapped up was more satisfying. It’ll be interesting to see how the books differ, if old man Martin doesn’t die before he finishes them.   

Thats one of those plot points where I preferred that it was a bit out there tbh, I'd rather have had that scene than not and if they've been buried under a thousand feet of rubble mashed to a pulp it would've been worse for it.

As for Danys end, how so?

Jon Snow turns out be Azor Ahai in the end after all

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Also bringing back Robin Arryn for one "Aye" was a pisstake - it sort of made sense who was there (apart from the two anonymous fuckers) but the whole thing still jarred. 

I thought it was good to see that he wasn't a weird little freak anymore since his mothers lunacy and littlefingers influence were gone. He even managed to sit quietly for a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Well at least one of my predictions came true.

Which one? I ended up making fucking loads throughout this season, most of which were wrong, but I got Jons fate bang on.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I thought it was good to see that he wasn't a weird little freak anymore since his mothers lunacy and littlefingers influence were gone. He even managed to sit quietly for a few minutes.

I agree, just thought they could have shown that more by giving him a couple of lines. 

Just now, NJS said:

I agree, just thought they could have shown that more by giving him a couple of lines. 

True enough, they were pressed enough for time already I suppose though. At the end of the day I'm not looking back at the series thinking "I wish Robin Arryn had said more"

Honestly, everyone I gave a shit about got a resolution of some sort, it was like the lat 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings, a look at everyone you really cared about after all the shit had gone down.

• Haha 1