Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

I reckon they're setting Jon up for fucking it all off at the end and going north of the wall to be free of the whole thing.

Assuming he doesn't die.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Kinda fucked up that he was still trying it on with his aunt.

Not sure what happens in the next episode, obviously there’s the battle for King’s Landing. 

I’m guessing we’ll see the return of Tits Greyjoy.

And there’s no way that second dragon is dead.

Really?  It was shot through the heart and head, looked pretty fucking dead to me. 

Edit, see this has been mentioned 20 times including a conclusive gif. These dragons have turned out to be a bit shit really. Also they're not even dragons, they're griffins.

Edited by Renton

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Really?  It was shot through the heart and head, looked pretty fucking dead to me. 

Edit, see this has been mentioned 20 times including a conclusive gif. These dragons have turned out to be a bit shit really. Also they're not even dragons, they're griffins.

They're Wyverns.

Griffins have bird heads.

0*rVfrOijLcnmpqU65.gif

• Haha 3

Cercei gets offed, but takes the dragon/s down with her, Dragontits becomes Queen but goes full Targaryen mental, she offs Sansa who refuses to bend the knee, Jon Snow offs Dragontits for killing his sis, is King. 

The End. 

Would be surprised if the "strong woman" character wasn't eventually made queen, so I'm going to assume she kills Jon in the end and the final scene is Sansa raising the armies of the North to attack kings landing once again, thus starting the whole thing all over again.

that was a good episode. love how varys is plotting agains dragon tits and wondering if she ends up going full targaryen and burning him alive. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that was a good episode. love how varys is plotting agains dragon tits and wondering if she ends up going full targaryen and burning him alive. 

It crossed my mind that Varys might have setup the dragonstone ambush. 

Dany as queen, with no one who made the journey with her left by her side, alone

Sansa as Warden of the north.

Jon fucks off the whole thing and heads north of the wall

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cercei gets offed, but takes the dragon/s down with her, Dragontits becomes Queen but goes full Targaryen mental, she offs Sansa who refuses to bend the knee, Jon Snow offs Dragontits for killing his sis, is King. 

The End. 

Surely he'd be offing dragon tits for killing his cousin?

I'm in the dragon's not dead camp.  It seemed too easy, there was no dead body and they were too sure it was dead.

I'm also in the Jamie kills Cersei camp.  Maggy the Frog foretold that Cersei would be killed by her little brother and she always thought that would be Tyrion.  But Jamie is the younger twin so he still fits.  Even without that, you can see that their relationship has been heading this way for a long time.

On 5/4/2019 at 23:39, Andrew said:

We've still no idea how the characters so many people are annoyed at still being alive are going to contribute to the actual ending of the series, to complain that he whole show was a bust because this one episode didn't pan out the way you may have wanted is, frankly, fucking stupid. 

The plan failed, the plan wasn't executed properly and crumbled on first contact with the wights...which is that thing that happens to plans in military combat, theres a saying about it and everything. the end of the episode was no ones plan, just something Bran and Melisandre knew could happen.

Honestly, I'm glad you're in here Fish saying things like "but if laymen like me can spot huge gaps in logic and feasibility of the plan" because its makes me explaining the path of a dagger through the show or talking about the subtleties of various prophecies not quite the biggest dork in the thread.

Which is fair and fine if the plan was sound to begin with and it went awry. e.g. there was criticism that the trenches needed the Dragon to light them and that that was stupid. But they had contingencies, the archers, and the runners too. Having the Unsullied protect the retreating forces was sound. Even having the catapults outside the walls makes sense given the tiny courtyard which was filled with those tank-trap looking things. But the Cavalry was wasted in a mad rush, instead of being used from the flanks, the trenches should have been in front of the catapults and there should have been more of them.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:08, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Also it’s nice how someone with fuck all experience talks about tactics and logic like they’ an expert.

That's the point, I'm not an expert at all, but I know that it was daft.

On 5/6/2019 at 07:27, Andrew said:

And you know what else?!

Hide contents

There would barely have been an episode this week if Fish had his way and the characters he named above died pointlessly in the battle last week.

However, as a piece of criticism, Euron Greyjoy and his magical teleporting fleet is the worst villain they've had in this show since the sandsnakes

Greyworm was needed, sure. Was Tormund, or Brienne? Would her story not have had a satisfying end if she'd been killed saving Jaime? Tormund served his purpose and any part he played in ratcheting up the tension between Jon and Dany could have been played by any number of other characters. 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:12, Rayvin said:

I'm not entirely sure about Fish's endgame play for the episode but i still think the battle was fucking stupidly written.

I mean it occurred to me in a conversation with someone else that, had Melisandre not lit the swords of the dothraki, they would have charged into the night with literally no ability to see anything, putting them on par with the viewers at least ;)

And her doing that looked like it was unplanned as far as the battle strategists were concerned.

I could accept the dothraki charging blindly into the night as an act of breaking ranks if there had been evidence through the rest of the show that they have no respect for Jorah or Dany. I could accept Dany flying off into the night pointlessly as an act of grief at watching her army die for no reason if there was evidence through the rest of the show that she was weak and easily rattled.  But it still doesn't explain why a footsoldier army stood in front of the trench intended to slow the enemy down (an enemy that they knew had greater numbers and which they wouldn't be able to stand against conventionally, but which had no ranged weaponry), thus having to sacrifice a huge number of its own to retreat over it and then hide inside the castle walls which any sensible tactician would have had the majority of them inside to begin with.

Am open to 'logic and tactical experts' pointing out why this was a winning concept though :lol: It's not a case of a good plan falling apart as soon as battle starts, its a case of a dumb plan going exactly as you would expect it would as soon as battle starts with the exception of Dany being afk for half of it which was the only bit that seemed to be unforseen.

I feel better now :cuppa:

Aye exactly. I'm not trying to make out like I'm Scipio or owt, just that these tactical choices were bizarre.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Which is fair and fine if the plan was sound to begin with and it went awry. e.g. there was criticism that the trenches needed the Dragon to light them and that that was stupid. But they had contingencies, the archers, and the runners too. Having the Unsullied protect the retreating forces was sound. Even having the catapults outside the walls makes sense given the tiny courtyard which was filled with those tank-trap looking things. But the Cavalry was wasted in a mad rush, instead of being used from the flanks, the trenches should have been in front of the catapults and there should have been more of them.

That's the point, I'm not an expert at all, but I know that it was daft.

Greyworm was needed, sure. Was Tormund, or Brienne? Would her story not have had a satisfying end if she'd been killed saving Jaime? Tormund served his purpose and any part he played in ratcheting up the tension between Jon and Dany could have been played by any number of other characters. 

Aye exactly. I'm not trying to make out like I'm Scipio or owt, just that these tactical choices were bizarre.

It’s funny you mention Scipio yet think having this whole army jammed in a castle without room to swing or manoeuvre is a good idea.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

The series hasn't finished yet.

He's absolutely desperate for Brienne to get offed like. A bad experience maybe? Some Cushy Butterfield type he didn't fulfill perhaps? 

Edited by Renton

On 5/10/2019 at 19:08, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It’s funny you mention Scipio yet think having this whole army jammed in a castle without room to swing or manoeuvre is a good idea.

No I didn't.

On 5/10/2019 at 22:56, Andrew said:

The series hasn't finished yet.

No it hasn't, but a few characters had fulfilled their arcs and got soft exits; Tormund, Sam, etc. Will either of them return? What would either bring to the overall story?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:02, Renton said:

He's absolutely desperate for Brienne to get offed like. A bad experience maybe? Some Cushy Butterfield type he didn't fulfill perhaps? 

She's an excellent character, but leaving her as a jilted lover doesn't really add owt to her story, or anybody else's, does it?

Fish, I want you to know I'm not ignoring you, I've nearly replied to this about three times but the truth is I just don't care to be honest, its just a TV show and I'm enjoying it fine as it is and I'm glad that characters I like are getting to wander off to some semblance of a happy ending.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No it hasn't, but a few characters had fulfilled their arcs and got soft exits; Tormund, Sam, etc. Will either of them return? What would either bring to the overall story?

She's an excellent character, but leaving her as a jilted lover doesn't really add owt to her story, or anybody else's, does it?

Vengeance.