Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Blistering episode. Several "Holy fuck" moments.

All the storylines would have taken a few episodes to get through in previous seasons, but holy hell they didn't half rattle through them.

You reckon the Mountain has survived?

Who's left?

Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Davos, Greyworm.

Arya, Cersei, Jaime?

and obviously everybody at Winterfell; Sansa, Brienne, Bran.

How does that episode reflect all of the prophecies? Cersei's? Dany's? Arya's?

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

All the storylines would have taken a few episodes to get through in previous seasons, but holy hell they didn't half rattle through them.

Hide contents

Who's left?

Arya, Cersei, Jaime?

Still too many fuzzy plotting points and far too rushed. 

I think Arya has a new list with one name on it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Still too many fuzzy plotting points and far too rushed. 

I think Arya has a new list with one name on it. 

Aye, it does feel like they could have had a 10 episode season up to the Battle of Winterfell, then another entire season for the focus to shift onto Kings Landing.

Is one name still a list? :lol:

Really enjoyed that episode :D

I thought Dany's psychobitch moment was necessary. Her character had tended that way repeatedly over many seasons and it's nice to see that this 'born to rule' bullshit isn't being held up as something wonderful.

So the moment was fitting, but the actual execution of it...? I mean it was a fucking amazing episode visually, far better than the previous battle, but I don't quite follow why she just 'lost it' and massacred tens of thousands of people. I figured it might be that Cersei forced her hand and she thought 'well, a few more bodies at the foot of the throne is an acceptable price". Not just the red mist :lol: 

Loving the fury on twitter as one of the 'heroes' becomes the greatest villain in the show. By body count at least.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Hide contents

Who's left?

Arya, Cersei, Jaime?

Cersei and Jaime had a castle fall on them, they're dead, the mountain is dead too.

Cerseis prophecy (in the show) finished when Tommen died, Aryas finished when she killed the NK(assuming we're talking the one Mel made about eyes) and Dany doesn't have one does she?

Made me think of her brother in S1 saying the people of Westeros loved them and couldn't wait for him to return to the throne - then she started to gradually repeat the same shite and Mormont told her it was pretty much shite but she kept spouting it.

At least it made sense that she saw that people respect and like Jon for who he is and what he's done and realised that that wasn't going to happen for her so when it came to it the people didn't matter.

A bit of realism as well - when did medieval sieges ever involve the seigers considering the populations for one second?

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

Made me think of her brother in S1 saying the people of Westeros loved them and couldn't wait for him to return to the throne - then she started to gradually repeat the same shite and Mormont told her it was pretty much shite but she kept spouting it.

At least it made sense that she saw that people respect and like Jon for who he is and what he's done and realised that that wasn't going to happen for her so when it came to it the people didn't matter.

A bit of realism as well - when did medieval sieges ever involve the seigers considering the populations for one second?

I dunno about that last point - what's the point in seiging a place if you're just going to flatten it? That's something you do to obliterate an enemy, not conquer a city.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Really enjoyed that episode :D

Hide contents

I thought Dany's psychobitch moment was necessary. Her character had tended that way repeatedly over many seasons and it's nice to see that this 'born to rule' bullshit isn't being held up as something wonderful.

So the moment was fitting, but the actual execution of it...? I mean it was a fucking amazing episode visually, far better than the previous battle, but I don't quite follow why she just 'lost it' and massacred tens of thousands of people. I figured it might be that Cersei forced her hand and she thought 'well, a few more bodies at the foot of the throne is an acceptable price". Not just the red mist :lol: 

Loving the fury on twitter as one of the 'heroes' becomes the greatest villain in the show. By body count at least.

She’s genetically predisposed to being fucking nuts.

Right now she’s totally isolated. Her closest allies are dead and she sees how the people favour Jon over her. She’s snapped and now Ayra gets to slit her throat.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Right now she’s totally isolated. Her closest allies are dead and she sees how the people favour Jon over her. She’s snapped and now Ayra gets to slit her throat.

I will greatly enjoy that, if it pans out that way.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Also, what a bellend Jamie is.

That’s the one character 180 that’s made no sense.

Do you reckon? Jaime is definitely a bellend but hes always been a bellend, his decision making has been universally terrible (from an objective standpoint) since the very start.

When it comes to it, those two dying together, standing for nothing other than being together is about the right resolution imo.

I did love that the fear and vulnerability in Cersei right towards the end led to her seeming more human than she ever has right as she died, the first time shes ever really given a shit about anyone else (even caring about her kids was from a selfish point of view) was caring that Jaime was hurt.

Hes been a conflicted man since first meeting her(give or take a bit), especially after he lost his hand.

We've seen him swing wildly back and forth between whats right and his loyalty/love for Cersei time and time again, no one should be surprised that it happened one more time and this time it got him killed but right up until it definitely got him killed he at least thought that he could save her, if not himself after the fight with Euron.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Do you reckon? Jaime is definitely a bellend but hes always been a bellend, his decision making has been universally terrible (from an objective standpoint) since the very start.

When it comes to it, those two dying together, standing for nothing other than being together is about the right resolution imo.

I did love that the fear and vulnerability in Cersei right towards the end led to her seeming more human than she ever has right as she died, the first time shes ever really given a shit about anyone else (even caring about her kids was from a selfish point of view) was caring that Jaime was hurt.

I read something which I agreed with about how one shit bit of writing post book alignment was how Cersei was hated at the end of S5 by the people and then she compounded that by killing the high sparrow who was popular as well as Margery who was loved by all and suffered no consequences as a result - she'd been warned about the people (who she obviously despised) rising up but they just meekly carried on as if nothing had happened. 

Just now, NJS said:

I read something which I agreed with about how one shit bit of writing post book alignment was how Cersei was hated at the end of S5 by the people and then she compounded that by killing the high sparrow who was popular as well as Margery who was loved by all and suffered no consequences as a result - she'd been warned about the people (who she obviously despised) rising up but they just meekly carried on as if nothing had happened. 

Do the people know that it was her that blew up the sept? There was no one to oppose her in the capital after that, no one to spread that message. Her power grab at that point was absolute and part of the point of the show is that, for the most part, the people on the street are just shitty, ordinary people who don't really give a bollocks about who sits on the throne.

Like we saw yesterday, being on the "good guys" army doesn't make you any different to the other armies really, they still raped and pillaged and murdered there way through the capital like every other army has done in the past, Roberts Rebellions forces did the same, without a dragon obviously so they didn't just destroy the city but the people were the same.

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah, well she's a woman isn't she? :blush:

Proper epic episode, Arya to kill Dragon tits and Sansa to sit on what's left of the throne. My main gripe is how come Drogon became so overpowered i  such a short time. Felt a bit cheap. As did the complete incompetence and cowardice of the kings guard. Soft shandy drinking southern cunts.   

Just now, NJS said:

Well Hot Pie told Arya that Cersei blew up the Sept so it must be common knowledge. 

That is a good point, think the rest of my post rings true though.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Well Hot Pie told Arya that Cersei blew up the Sept so it must be common knowledge. 

Hold on, whats your point. She ruled by fear and literally had an almost indestructible  mountain protecting her.

Also there were two articles in the guardian last week whinging that after Missandei's death the show was now racist and also one suggesting the handling of female leads had gone tits up (no pun intended). They're going to go fucking mental over Dragon Tits now.