Tooj

Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How the fuck did that self righteous pillock Snow murder the queen then not either get eaten by the dragon or offed by Greyworm?  Fuck off man :glare:

One would guess the fact that she was missing rather than a corpse on the floor lead to some confusion perhaps? 

I was gearing up for Jon vs Greyworm though, that mightve been fun. 

• Like 1

Greyworm had become annoying as fuck but i agree, I don't understand why he just accepted that. I also don't understand why, immediately after Greyworm left forever, they didnt just bring Snow back.

Dany died satisfyingly. I think in the end that Tyrion effectively "won" the game.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Greyworm had become annoying as fuck but i agree, I don't understand why he just accepted that. I also don't understand why, immediately after Greyworm left forever, they didnt just bring Snow back.

Dany died satisfyingly. I think in the end that Tyrion effectively "won" the game.

Theres no way he wanted to tbh, I'd be surprised if (in an imaginary epilogue) he ever actually went back to the wall after passing beyond it anyway. 

Bit of a damp squib of an ending. Though all the action was last week so this was always likely to be the case. Dragon tits’ end was a bit too easy, I thought. I thought Arya would have more to do besides setting sail to discover the Americas. The most annoying scene was Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei’s bodies. The whole fucking building was in rubble - how convenient the fake hand was poking out.

All in all, one of the best series ever. Breaking Bad still rules supreme for me though, the way it wrapped up was more satisfying. It’ll be interesting to see how the books differ, if old man Martin doesn’t die before he finishes them.   

It was obvious jon snow wasn’t going to end up mincing around down south either. Proper northerner 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Theres no way he wanted to tbh, I'd be surprised if (in an imaginary epilogue) he ever actually went back to the wall after passing beyond it anyway. 

Conveniently he was sent to where he'd be happiest. 

• Like 1

Also bringing back Robin Arryn for one "Aye" was a pisstake - it sort of made sense who was there (apart from the two anonymous fuckers) but the whole thing still jarred. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bit of a damp squib of an ending. Though all the action was last week so this was always likely to be the case. Dragon tits’ end was a bit too easy, I thought. I thought Arya would have more to do besides setting sail to discover the Americas. The most annoying scene was Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei’s bodies. The whole fucking building was in rubble - how convenient the fake hand was poking out.

All in all, one of the best series ever. Breaking Bad still rules supreme for me though, the way it wrapped up was more satisfying. It’ll be interesting to see how the books differ, if old man Martin doesn’t die before he finishes them.   

Thats one of those plot points where I preferred that it was a bit out there tbh, I'd rather have had that scene than not and if they've been buried under a thousand feet of rubble mashed to a pulp it would've been worse for it.

As for Danys end, how so?

Jon Snow turns out be Azor Ahai in the end after all

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Also bringing back Robin Arryn for one "Aye" was a pisstake - it sort of made sense who was there (apart from the two anonymous fuckers) but the whole thing still jarred. 

I thought it was good to see that he wasn't a weird little freak anymore since his mothers lunacy and littlefingers influence were gone. He even managed to sit quietly for a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Well at least one of my predictions came true.

Which one? I ended up making fucking loads throughout this season, most of which were wrong, but I got Jons fate bang on.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I thought it was good to see that he wasn't a weird little freak anymore since his mothers lunacy and littlefingers influence were gone. He even managed to sit quietly for a few minutes.

I agree, just thought they could have shown that more by giving him a couple of lines. 

Just now, NJS said:

I agree, just thought they could have shown that more by giving him a couple of lines. 

True enough, they were pressed enough for time already I suppose though. At the end of the day I'm not looking back at the series thinking "I wish Robin Arryn had said more"

Honestly, everyone I gave a shit about got a resolution of some sort, it was like the lat 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings, a look at everyone you really cared about after all the shit had gone down.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Thats one of those plot points where I preferred that it was a bit out there tbh, I'd rather have had that scene than not and if they've been buried under a thousand feet of rubble mashed to a pulp it would've been worse for it.

As for Danys end, how so?

Jon Snow turns out be Azor Ahai in the end after all

It just felt a little flat and rushed. Obviously you’re never going to please everyone. The whole thing did tbh, as final episodes of brilliant series often do. 

It was a bit shit really tbh. The writers completely ran out of ideas after Jon murdered his aunt in cold blood. And i don't agree the characters had resolution. The nature of Bran was never explained. And why did Reepicheep just go off exploring? What was the point of the night's watch post zombies and now the free people are free? Greyworms behaviour was implausible too, as was Yaras.

Meh. Breaking Bad beats this as the greatest series of all time as it perfectly completed the protagonists story arcs. 

I basically killed the conversation on last weeks episode by pointing this out but I love how reasonable everyone on here is about the thing, anywhere else the discussion on this series has been an absolute turd as people got so hyped about it before it came on that it couldn't possibly have lived up to expectations.

I wonder if its the downtrodden Newcastle fan side of us all that kept us grounded? No expectations means its hard to be let down.

And, just like last week, as soon as I start typing that in comes Renton...

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can't call someone in a wheelchair "the broken". 

Are you still watching? :lol:

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

And, just like last week, as soon as I start typing that in comes Renton...

I still think GoT was brilliant in its totality, just think the ending was a major let down. I got the impression the writers didn't know where it was heading from the start, so couldn't end it satisfactorily. Its the case 90% of the time, but I'm not under any illusion it was a stellar ending. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Needed more tits. 

:D There is definitely a direct correlation between GoT quality and chebbage. 

I'll tell you how they should have ended this. Cut forward to an 80 year old Tyrion, rosy cheeked, getting noshed off by a young whore. One last gasp, eyes close, fade to black. :razz:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Renton said:

It was a bit shit really tbh. The writers completely ran out of ideas after Jon murdered his aunt in cold blood. And i don't agree the characters had resolution. The nature of Bran was never explained. And why did Reepicheep just go off exploring? What was the point of the night's watch post zombies and now the free people are free? Greyworms behaviour was implausible too, as was Yaras.

Meh. Breaking Bad beats this as the greatest series of all time as it perfectly completed the protagonists story arcs. 

Breaking bad was "easy" to end satisfactoryly as it was dealing with two characters whose fate didn't affect the bigger world. Game of thrones, counting those alive before the long night, had to determine the fate of probably twenty main characters and also the fate of the whole world. The results were mixed. 

Reading between the lines, they followed Martin's vision more or less to the letter albeit without his words to follow. I think it proved too much for them and may prove too much for him if he ever gets there. 

• Like 1