Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

I thought that a bit odd; I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be 16 at that stage of the story in the books?

I really hope they don't spin Shae's deception as being down to crazy bitch jealousy. Will defeat the arc from Tysha to her. I think that Shae's character has been so oddly portrayed in the show. I'm not a prescriptivist or want a perfect adaptation from book to show, I think it's important to have some leeway and scope for change regarding adaptations, but her character is completely different! If there was a purpose to the different portrayal then I'd understand, but in the show she genuinely adores Tyrion (constantly wanting to move from Westeros), whereas in the book she is a naive greedy bitch. Summed up in 'my giant of Lannister' quote. In the show it's a genuine remark of affection, in the book she is taking the piss the whole time and it only comes apparent when she says it in Tywin's room that she has been duping him all along. I have no idea how they can justify her betrayal in the show. Insane jealousy wouldn't cut it por moi.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I think its safe to assume the red wedding has happened then?

We usually complain about predictable endings all the time, even in the best of movies/books! Yet here when someone bucks the trend half the world goes crazy! :P Not that I didnt turn those pages about 10 times myself thinking WTF??????

Think twitter nearly collapsed last night from the furore :lol:

Edited by aimaad22

seen it coming like but i was just relieved something happened tbh, been really really slow

Just wait till the next series starts. :D

Just wait till the next series starts. :D

The wait will kill me I think. Although I'm through the first book now (which has helped me work out who Denis Penis is so that alone made it worth reading) and thinking as long as the Wire doesn't distract me too much, I'll have them finished well before the new season starts.

Aye if you think THAT was slow just wait till they do the last book!

Dunno what you mean tbh, the books are superb, there's one (third I think) that's a tad "slow" mainly because a few of the characters you want to hear about don't appear but overall the series is a fantastic piece of work/read.

Dunno what you mean tbh, the books are superb, there's one (third I think) that's a tad "slow" mainly because a few of the characters you want to hear about don't appear but overall the series is a fantastic piece of work/read.

Never said it wasnt. Im a fan of fantasy and this ranks right up there with the very best.

I said the last book, A Dance with Dragons. I thought it was a drag to be honest.

Never said it wasnt. Im a fan of fantasy and this ranks right up there with the very best.

I said the last book, A Dance with Dragons. I thought it was a drag to be honest.

You read Erikson's 10,000 page epic ??

Nope but thats next on my list. Got an ebook reader almost specifically for it since I couldnt find the bloody print copy anywhere here. Have you read it?

Wheel of time is pretty decent, and recently concluded. Not as shall we say, mature, as Martin's work but the politics/plots are just as extensive if not more.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How early in the process of writing the book series did you know you were gonna kill off Robb and Catelyn?

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: I knew it almost from the beginning. Not the first day, but very soon. I’ve said in many interviews that I like my fiction to be unpredictable. I like there to be considerable suspense. I killed Ned in the first book and it shocked a lot of people. I killed Ned because everybody thinks he’s the hero and that, sure, he’s going to get into trouble, but then he’ll somehow get out of it. The next predictable thing is to think his eldest son is going to rise up and avenge his father. And everybody is going to expect that. So immediately [killing Robb] became the next thing I had to do.

:lol:

Just caught up with this over the past couple of days and enjoyed it immensely. Don't understand the slow criticisms at all; seems like necessary exposition to make larger events mean something. Without that, Red Wedding just becomes hollow.

Gemmill needs everything wrapped up in a nice bow every episode. He should stick to Jonathan Creek & Lovejoy