Adam Curtis

Happy Face

Tooj sent me a text about that. Not sure when I'll get the chance to see it like as it's not exactly something I would sit down and watch with my lass.

:D

Aye, I noticed it the other day but was the same plus thought it would be on too long and I was knackered.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Brilliant interview

Episode 65 - No Future feat. Adam Curtis (12/12/16) by Chapo Trap House

https://player.fm/1hfNwr

Scathing on centrists with no principles to stand for who are outraged at Trump idiots when it's they who are idiotically voting for a criminal plutocracy with no vision of a better world. And occupy.

People no longer have the tools to create this 'powerful new vision of the future'. The tools like our imaginations have been colonised long ago. These people they talk about like Musk are just used car salesmen they ain't visionaries. Visionaries are caught early and put on meds for hyperactivity or summink. That Tesla story is funny cause he had loads of very rich support till he started sayin he could make leccy travel through the air and it would be free for everyone. Backers vanished overnight. :D

''Lost stole all my ideas''

19190200-02-04.jpg?itok=zeD7dnf5

Edited by Park Life

Sounds right up Rayvin's street.

As bad as he thinks the parties (and voters) of the centre left have been in their ignorance of issues that elevate Trump and Brexit, ultimately he's very cautious about big ideas of shifts to the left.

He ponders what people want. Is it really wholesale change throughout society, or are things actually pretty good as they are and just need a tweak so that banks are beholden to the public rather than the public beholden to banks?

I think most of us want the latter, but there's yet to be a party on either side of the Atlantic able to convince voters that the architects of economic instability will pay for their errors (or be stopped from repeating them) rather than those reliant on the social safety net.

As bad as he thinks the parties (and voters) of the centre left have been in their ignorance of issues that elevate Trump and Brexit, ultimately he's very cautious about big ideas of shifts to the left.

He ponders what people want. Is it really wholesale change throughout society, or are things actually pretty good as they are and just need a tweak so that banks are beholden to the public rather than the public beholden to banks?

I think most of us want the latter, but there's yet to be a party on either side of the Atlantic able to convince voters that the architects of economic instability will pay for their errors (or be stopped from repeating them) rather than those reliant on the social safety net.

This sounds interesting and i'll give it a listen later. That said he sounds right. The only thing I'd add is that the realities of what people are voting 'for' aren't perhaps as important as the surrounding narratives.