Let's all laugh at Sunderland (once again)

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's Guardian, mackem match preview:

5) Flair at the Stadium of Light

Sunderland are not yet safe, either from relegation or from allegations that they are a despicably boring outfit whose demotion to the second tier would be blessed relief to regular Premier League watchers. :lol: But Martin O'Neill knows their problem and, a little like Messrs Martínez and Rodgers, he could extract traces of progress from defeat at WBA in the last outing. The shift to 4-4-2 looked promising, as Danny Graham and Steven Fletcher showed signs of working well together and, most of all, Stéphane Sessegnon produced his best performance of the season after being moved to the right wing. If the Beninese funster is in the groove again on Saturday, then he and Dimitar Berbatov will make this meeting worth attending.

Something Sunderland related I learned today which greatly amused me. I know this for a fact by the way. Grant Leadbitter is on £25,000 a week at Ipswich.

From today's Guardian, mackem match preview:

5) Flair at the Stadium of Light

Sunderland are not yet safe, either from relegation or from allegations that they are a despicably boring outfit whose demotion to the second tier would be blessed relief to regular Premier League watchers.

:lol: Brutal that

The moments between that going to print and the mackems insisting the author is "a bitter Mag cunt" cannot be measured

That's class - but I suppose everybody has been thinking it - for all there's a couple of points between us 99% of people would probably rather have watched our poor start to the season.

there's plenty of poor teams who are better to watch than Sunderland.

Norwich, Wigan, Reading, Foolham for a start...

Boring, Thuggish & worst of all - jammy.

The problem a lot of teams don't respect them enough to turn up - we don't get that luxury.

:lol:

Anyone just hear MoN try and have a pop at us? I'm paraphrasing but he was asked about relegation and he essentially said something like 'even the teams who went above us this week should still be looking over their shoulder'. So despite us being in-form, them being horribly out of form, us strengthening impressively in the window, them signing (with all due respect) an average striker despite needing strengthening across the pitch....

The only reason we'd be looking over our shoulder at them is to work out where the smell is coming from.

It always makes me smile when reading such comments .Marty has shown his contempt for us which will make it even funnier and more satisfying when we beat them and finish above them.He's totally embraced the makem mind.

Sunday Sun N'Daye,the makem Sissoko.6/10. `getting better'. Bought for £3.8m and now worth a lot less

Sunday Sun Fletcher.7/10. `Close to connecting with crosses'. lol. Bought for £12 m.10 goals in 29 games.Now worth what he was really worth ( £5m ) when balding Marty bought him.

Sunday Sun Johnson. 5/10. Bought for £10m.Now worth half that.And to think the makems `stole' him from the clutches of big clubs such as us,Barca,Real Madrid,Liverpool,Arsenal,Man Utd......

As for Connor Whickam,bought for £8m.8 appearances and 0 goals.

9,000 empty seats which must be about average.£10 a ticket for their glory hunting part-time fans and they still won't turn up to watch the makem galacticos.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

• 2 years later...