BOTHROYD

McFaul

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

As I said before I don't mind getting him in on a free. If we got a decent striker in as well then that would leave us a canny bit better off than we are upfront. He's better as cover than Best, Ranger and Shola.

Press conference tomorrow. Terms agreed, just medical to sort. This is Andy Carroll's replacement, he's scored 5 in his last 24 CCC games. My god.

As I said before I don't mind getting him in on a free. If we got a decent striker in as well then that would leave us a canny bit better off than we are upfront. He's better as cover than Best, Ranger and Shola.

Look at like this. Is he better than any of Stoke's strikers?

4FS He's the international star.

For a free I can see him as back up, if he's gonna be our number 9 (main man) then its shite. Guess we have to wait and see

I reckon Ranger(loan) Best or Lovenkrands(sold) to accommodate him

Press conference tomorrow. Terms agreed, just medical to sort. This is Andy Carroll's replacement, he's scored 5 in his last 24 CCC games. My god.

Where did you hear this? a quick google news search and newsnow I can't find anything regarding the Bothroyd transfer.

I don't think its such a bad signing on a free, as long as he isn't who we're expecting to lead the line next season, Kuqi is useless as expected and I don't think we'll see much more from Lovenkrands!

Where did you hear this? a quick google news search and newsnow I can't find anything regarding the Bothroyd transfer.

I don't think its such a bad signing on a free, as long as he isn't who we're expecting to lead the line next season, Kuqi is useless as expected and I don't think we'll see much more from Lovenkrands!

Been all over Radio Newcastle, and sources in Wales too.

Yeah but 20 in 42 this season which in all fairness is alright. Big-ish lad too which is a bonus, I wouldn't grumble if we took him on a free.

Worst case scenario we sell him back to a championship team next summer for a small profit.

Wait wait wait...Pardew said an international midfielder, right? I don't think Bothroyd is who he was talking about. Anyway, on a free so it isn't too bad I suppose...

Been all over Radio Newcastle, and sources in Wales too.

Ah ok ;) I'm sure other sources will pick it up shortly

Wait wait wait...Pardew said an international midfielder, right? I don't think Bothroyd is who he was talking about. Anyway, on a free so it isn't too bad I suppose...

He also said continental Europe, is wales classed as continental Europe I don't think so! I wreckon this is good as a second striker, free transfer and decent enough and he is defo not the international central midfielder from continental europe which would indicate some serious early transfer movement which can only be good in persuading others to stay. It is a statement of intent building eaarly and having a full pre season with everyone imho

Why would you call a press conference for a no name player like bothroyd? Bit embarrassing if you ask me.

I need to lower my expectations in keeping with the barrer boys we have running the club.

Would probably take Bothroyd over Lovenkrands and if he shows even the smallest bit of effort then he can have more of an impact than Ameobi. Who knows, he might just be able to chip in with a couple of goals here and there.

That said, I hope this doesn't mean we are done for the summer in terms of strikers.

I'd rather have Bothroyd rather than Carlton Cole. Thats the only positive thing I can say about this deal.

He is sub-standard and I'd be surprised if he turned out to be much better than Shola/Best.

Shola pissed that league, this is a whole new ball game though. A ball game he has failed at several times in his career.

Edit: Is he actually even signing or is this just a rumour???

Edited by Holden McGroin

He was one of Steve Bruce's targets according to Caulkin.

Oh well as JonasJuice said it's a much better signing then spending £7m on C.Cole.

Would probably take Bothroyd over Lovenkrands and if he shows even the smallest bit of effort then he can have more of an impact than Ameobi. Who knows, he might just be able to chip in with a couple of goals here and there.

That said, I hope this doesn't mean we are done for the summer in terms of strikers.

If he does sign then I hope we sign another 2 strikers. At least.

Guest alex

Look at like this. Is he better than any of Stoke's strikers?

Tbh, I'm not exactly entralled but I'm managing my expectations ;)