BOTHROYD

McFaul

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way, Bothroyd for free or Carlton Cole for £7mill? We could do a lot worse as a squad player.

Or Gateshead born Danny Graham for £3mil? He's the top scorer in the Championship and a supporter to boot.

This is NOT the mystery signing guys. The mystery signing first of all is a CM and second of all a fee has been agreed with his club. And third, it was mentioned somewhere that this player plays in continental Europe.

This is a good free signing, building up our squad. Lets be fair, Ameobi, Lovens, Ranger are not up to the task anymore so imo you have Best and Bothroyd as the squad strikers with a couple more quality ones brought in who walk straight into the starting line-up.

Building our squad with shite is not good business. We have Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Best and Kuqi who are all equally as rubbish as each other. Adding another rubbish striker means nowt. 6 shite strikers dont make 1 good one. (I know Kuqi is leaving btw)

This is NOT the mystery signing guys. The mystery signing first of all is a CM and second of all a fee has been agreed with his club. And third, it was mentioned somewhere that this player plays in continental Europe.

This is a good free signing, building up our squad. Lets be fair, Ameobi, Lovens, Ranger are not up to the task anymore so imo you have Best and Bothroyd as the squad strikers with a couple more quality ones brought in who walk straight into the starting line-up.

Building our squad with shite is not good business. We have Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Best and Kuqi who are all equally as rubbish as each other. Adding another rubbish striker means nowt. 6 shite strikers dont make 1 good one. (I know Kuqi is leaving btw)

exactly.

How sad to think otherwise, and negative too. Brainwashed into accepting 2nd rate.

Edited by LeazesMag

All rare good points from J69, as is the Danny Graham one. He scores all different kinds of goals too, could be a hit in the Premiership.

I'd rather see you up front rather than Carlton Cole as I know you'd give it your all, but whether or not the rest of the squad could handle side stepping your massive cock after every game is a different matter though, it would shatter their confidence.

I think we'll be surprised about Boothroyd's contribution if he's given a chance, still hoping for a few top players coming in though.

I think we'll be surprised about Boothroyd's contribution if he's given a chance, still hoping for a few top players coming in though.

good mate of mine is a Taff, and a Cardiff supporter. He has told me for a couple of years he thinks that Boothroyd is pretty good like and may be able to step up, but replacing Carroll ? Underwhelming to say the least, and those who are saying everythings alright, don't worry etc, because he's just a squad player, I wouldn't count your chickens on that one or getting anybody substantially better.

good mate of mine is a Taff, and a Cardiff supporter. He has told me for a couple of years he thinks that Boothroyd is pretty good like and may be able to step up, but replacing Carroll ? Underwhelming to say the least, and those who are saying everythings alright, don't worry etc, because he's just a squad player, I wouldn't count your chickens on that one or getting anybody substantially better.

Id be underwhelmed but still, who says it's to replace Carroll? How do we even know what formation AP has in mind for next season and if a "Carroll" is needed? From what I read, it sounds like he'll be playing someone like Ben Arfa off a front man and if so then you would think a decent holding man is needed and Carroll was shaping up to be that. But, to me at least 3 of our forwards need shipping out. At least. So Id want us to bring 3 in. Not one.

Id be underwhelmed but still, who says it's to replace Carroll? How do we even know what formation AP has in mind for next season and if a "Carroll" is needed? From what I read, it sounds like he'll be playing someone like Ben Arfa off a front man and if so then you would think a decent holding man is needed and Carroll was shaping up to be that. But, to me at least 3 of our forwards need shipping out. At least. So Id want us to bring 3 in. Not one.

I'm not disagreeing with the theory that Pardew may have a different way of playing in mind, but I'm sticking to my opinion, aye opinion at the moment Chez ;) that we will essentially patch up a thin squad with sub standard players and claim its "good business", and millions of that fee, and Enriques, disappear down a big black hole never to be seen again.

I'm not disagreeing with the theory that Pardew may have a different way of playing in mind, but I'm sticking to my opinion, aye opinion at the moment Chez ;) that we will essentially patch up a thin squad with sub standard players and claim its "good business", and millions of that fee, and Enriques, disappear down a big black hole never to be seen again.

This is my worry to be honest. I think we'd stay up next season doing this though.... its just the future after that which would be grim. I always try to give new players an equal chance though... and if Bothroyd can shut me up by scoring a hatful, then i'll be just as happy as if a Gameiro or a Carroll scored the same amount.

Edited by CleeToonFan

If we are going to play 1 striker up front, we'll need him to score 15 a season. Bothroyd will get nowhere near that. I'm hoping he'll be backup but don't be surprised if this lot replace a £35m striker with a free transfer.

If we are going to play 1 striker up front, we'll need him to score 15 a season. Bothroyd will get nowhere near that. I'm hoping he'll be backup but don't be surprised if this lot replace a £35m striker with a free transfer.

Agreed, they can't all be fucking back-up though.

I've no doubt that's what will happen, I'd be happy to be proved wrong mind.

I'm not disagreeing with the theory that Pardew may have a different way of playing in mind, but I'm sticking to my opinion, aye opinion at the moment Chez ;)that we will essentially patch up a thin squad with sub standard players and claim its "good business" and millions of that fee, and Enriques, disappear down a big black hole never to be seen again.

I'll be honest with you Leaves, I've stopped reading the majority of your posts as you just rehash the same old bollocks....but, I think you're absolutely on the money with that, totally and utterly on the money

I'm not disagreeing with the theory that Pardew may have a different way of playing in mind, but I'm sticking to my opinion, aye opinion at the moment Chez ;)that we will essentially patch up a thin squad with sub standard players and claim its "good business" and millions of that fee, and Enriques, disappear down a big black hole never to be seen again.

I'll be honest with you Leaves, I've stopped reading the majority of your posts as you just rehash the same old bollocks....but, I think you're absolutely on the money with that, totally and utterly on the money

this sort of observation bothers me, I don't particularly like repeating the same thing, but as there are still a canny few people spouting the same old deluded bollocks, what else can you say ?

All the talk in south Wales is that Sunderland are in for him. Some if my mates who follow Cardiff have said that they won't miss him, he is lazy, does not run unless he has the ball and is a sulker-something we don't need at Newcastle,