BOTHROYD

McFaul

I'd rather have Bothroyd rather than Carlton Cole. Thats the only positive thing I can say about this deal.

He is sub-standard and I'd be surprised if he turned out to be much better than Shola/Best.

Shola pissed that league, this is a whole new ball game though. A ball game he has failed at several times in his career.

Edit: Is he actually even signing or is this just a rumour???

All agreed according to sources close to Radio Newcastle. If it means we're not wasting £10m on Cole it might not be a bad thing.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he will improve squad. Not by much, but he will. We cant think if each player as a direct replacement for another. Equally we cant judge the whole thing till the end of the window. But, hardly fits the "young with a sale value" tag?

So long as he is first of a couple of forwards...

From Twitter...

@jaybothroyd Jay bothroyd9

Not thinking about my future right now just recharging the batteries

6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Someone's telling porkies!

Edited by johnson293

Well, he will improve squad. Not by much, but he will. We cant think if each player as a direct replacement for another. Equally we cant judge the whole thing till the end of the window. But, hardly fits the "young with a sale value" tag?

He will have a sale value tho, anyone you get on a free will have an increased value obviously even if he goes back to championship after a year for £1m if he is shit, 20k a week wages make him a completely free player and therefore not a gamble. If he is good you keeo him and if not you get rid and don't lose anything, I see it as a sensible deal taking into account slow progression.

It is massively important mind that like you said he is the first of a couple or few and not the only one we are hanging out hats on next year!

From Twitter...

@jaybothroyd Jay bothroyd9

6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Someone's telling porkies!

Donno what BBC Radio Newcastle would have to gain by lying about it, do you?

@jaybothroyd

edit : way too late. Anyway, Cardiff fans say he was immense up until his International call-up.

Edited by Barney

@jaybothroyd

;)

Surely the way this transfer window works, its going to be the free's / stocking fillers through the door first and the main event will happen in July.

Surely the way this transfer window works, its going to be the free's / stocking fillers through the door first and the main event will happen in July.

;)

This is where those creaming their knicks about Ashleys "plans" REALLY get started .......

;)

This is where those creaming their knicks about Ashleys "plans" REALLY get started .......

Trot on bore.

Dont you have your own thread set up for your repetitive shite without you spoiling everything else.

I'll take him. I recall listening to a bit on the radio about him a while back and the story was that he started as a complete knob - had everything a striker needed - but his head was so far up his arse that he couldn't realise his potential. In the last few years he has 'got it all together' and was starting to make up for lost time. He got an England call up. Okay, that wasn't through being first choice, but it tells us something i.e. he had been watched plenty of times by the management etc and reports were obviously encouraging.

He may not have set the world alight at Cardiff, but put him in a moderately better team and he could (could) turn some heads. If he is on a free, then it's a sound decision imo.

i think he's a half decent player with a bit of pace but he's definitely got a touch of the sholas about him. some games he looks good then the next game the ball will bounce off him anytime it goes near him.

basically, a decent squad addition if the likes of kuqi and lovenkrands are on their way out but you'd want at least one or two more strikesr coming in

;)

Trot on bore.

Dont you have your own thread set up for your repetitive shite without you spoiling everything else.

Yeah he does but he doesn't want to answer my last point

;)

Trot on bore.

the boring tosspots are the likes of you man, watching the games in the pub and not putting your cash behind your man, who is ruining the club.

;)

Trot on bore.

Yeah he does but he doesn't want to answer my last point

yawn.

I can outpoint you anytime I like, which I have done already. Look no further than the league positions, even before I start.

Edited by LeazesMag

basically, a decent squad addition if the likes of kuqi and lovenkrands are on their way out but you'd want at least one or two more strikesr coming in

exactly, I don't think many would say he's capable of a starting role but with Kuqi leaving and Lovenkrands becoming less and less effective he's a good back up to have

This is NOT the mystery signing guys. The mystery signing first of all is a CM and second of all a fee has been agreed with his club. And third, it was mentioned somewhere that this player plays in continental Europe.

This is a good free signing, building up our squad. Lets be fair, Ameobi, Lovens, Ranger are not up to the task anymore so imo you have Best and Bothroyd as the squad strikers with a couple more quality ones brought in who walk straight into the starting line-up.