Dan Gosling update

Christmas Tree

Dan Gosling - will return for pre-season in mid June

Dan had an ACL injury he picked up in March of last year, while playing for Everton against Wolves, and he finally came back from that in early January.

But after playing a few minutes in the game at Sunderland, where he made his first team debut,  the knee swelled up and another operation was necessary to clean out the knee, and some scar tissue was also removed at that time.

That seems to have done the trick,  but Dan was still unable to make it back before the end of the season.

He will now take a short break and then return to get himself fully fit in mid June, two weeks before the rest of the squad are due back.

This is what he told the Newcastle Journal today:

“I need a break, I’ve been in the gym for about a year now and it’s just mentally draining,” “I’ll get a few weeks off then I start early before the lads come back so hopefully from the first day of pre-season I’ll be with the lads and raring to go.”

“My knee is good, I’ve had a few other niggles obviously because I’m not used to training, my body isn’t used to being out there.” “I’ve had a few set-backs with my thigh and groin, but the knee is fine and I’m just raring to get back into playing regularly.”

“I was always playing catch up this year and everyone knows that if you miss pre-season it’s going to be a difficult year for you,” “Obviously I’ve had a few set-backs with my knee and in the end I just wanted to be fit.”

“But hopefully next year I can start off on an even keel with everyone and hopefully be good enough in pre season to get a starting place in the first Premier League fixture.”

“It was hard to interact with the lads at first,” “They’re out on the training pitch and coming back in having banter and I didn’t really know what was going on.”

“But all the lads have made me feel welcome.” “It’s a great club and great people involved in the club and I’m really happy to be here.”

We also saw with Steven Taylor that if you don;t play regularly it’s really hard to get back to your best, and in retrospect it was probably good that Pardew did now play him at the end of the season.

Hopefully Dan will now come back and be fully fit for pre-season and put in a good season for Newcastle.

He’s in a similar situation as Ben Arfa who was out from early Ocotber with a double fracture of the left leg, and we just have to hope both can return to their previous form.

If they can Newcastle will already have two top players ready to go for next season.

“My knee is good, I’ve had a few other niggles obviously because I’m not used to training, my body isn’t used to being out there.” “I’ve had a few set-backs with my thigh and groin, but the knee is fine and I’m just raring to get back into playing regularly.”

Sounds like he's fucked.

Like a new signing tbh.

I can imagine Pardew saying that for both Ben Arfa and Gosling to try and justify not spending the WONGA!

He used that for gosling before so surely can't use it again!

Guest alex
Like a new signing tbh.

I can imagine Pardew saying that for both Ben Arfa and Gosling to try and justify not spending the WONGA!

He used that for gosling before so surely can't use it again!

He's like two new signings.