Is Shola one of the best penalty takers in the world?

loonyTOON

we said this the other day, we think he's got a 100% record, and they are all put right in the corner too.

Credit where its due.

I was bricking it before he scored the penalty in the 1-1 draw at home to Sunderland!

The tension was unbearable!

I was convinced he'd miss. Always takes a belting penno though.

Semenya.jpg

John Aldridge used to take them every week and he never used to miss, same corner every time, he missed one ever....in the Cup Final. How I cried.

Quote from: Jonny Hall on May 07, 2011, 10:34:02 PM

Quote from: Newcastle Fan on May 07, 2011, 10:31:51 PM

He's finished, and so is my patience with him, shouldn't be playing for us again next season.

Have to admit he's one hell of a penalty taker though, did he ever miss one?

---

He's only ever missed one (I think). But I could be making that up.

Missed one in a friendly once, think Souness was in charge. He's never missed one competitively, though.

John Aldridge used to take them every week and he never used to miss, same corner every time, he missed one ever....in the Cup Final. How I cried.

Didn't he bring that delayed kick routine back with him from Real Sociedad? I remember him scoring a pen against us at Prenton Park in front of our end and he did just that-it always looked fucking terrible like but for some reason the keeper would commit themselves every time.

Didn't he bring that delayed kick routine back with him from Real Sociedad? I remember him scoring a pen against us at Prenton Park in front of our end and he did just that-it always looked fucking terrible like but for some reason the keeper would commit themselves every time.

Aye I think he did bring that back. He was an absolute sensation in the Basque country by the way, they used to have the same policy as Athletic Club, and he was the first non Basque over there, but he couldn't settle. FFS if I was from Bootle, I'd settle in Ulan Bator nee bother never mind Northern Spain. Scousers for ye.

Aye I think he did bring that back. He was an absolute sensation in the Basque country by the way, they used to have the same policy as Athletic Club, and he was the first non Basque over there, but he couldn't settle. FFS if I was from Bootle, I'd settle in Ulan Bator nee bother never mind Northern Spain. Scousers for ye.

His career stats are pretty much second to none whatever level he played at. Well over a goal every other game iirc (and he played for Oxford in the top flight ffs, so in some ways it's arguably better than someone who played 10 years continuously at a top club where you're served up half a dozen clear cut goalscoring opportunities each week).

Had no idea he was the first non-Basque like when he transferred to Sociedad!

His career stats are pretty much second to none whatever level he played at. Well over a goal every other game iirc (and he played for Oxford in the top flight ffs, so in some ways it's arguably better than someone who played 10 years continuously at a top club where you're served up half a dozen clear cut goalscoring opportunities each week).

Had no idea he was the first non-Basque like when he transferred to Sociedad!

Aye and the second was Dalian Atkinson. FWIW in terms of British players, I can't really ever remember a better finisher. He was so stylish how he finished, he used to love side volleys, he was a natural, and in my opinion (no one agrees like) I preferred him as a striker to Ian Rush, who was also very good, but maybe my view is tainted by the disgraceful signing of him in 1997.

He's nee Jenas at the old penalties like

Shows how much SBR loved the club like at how angry he was at Jenas pen against Chelsea in Malaysia. "Pards" would've went "oh wewww!"

Tbf the whole team had ran their wick out for 120 minutes and the wannabee gangsta threw it all down the drain trying to impress Dyer and Bramble with something he saw a player three times better than him do once.

Tbf the whole team had ran their wick out for 120 minutes and the wannabee gangsta threw it all down the drain trying to impress Dyer and Bramble with something he saw a player three times better than him do once.

I done it playing in Ryton of all places thinking about things now. I'd seen di Canio do it on MOTD the neet before, and I put it so far over the bar, I smashed a green house window.

He's nee Jenas at the old penalties like

Shows how much SBR loved the club like at how angry he was at Jenas pen against Chelsea in Malaysia. "Pards" would've went "oh wewww!"

Remember watching that game on holiday, fucking stupid bastard.