no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positive thing I can take from today is that this development does highlight that the powers that be are keen to sit down this week and get things moving.

The signing of the 18 year old laddie, the McKay appointment, the strong noises coming out of France......It could be that we actually get off to a flyer, recruitment wise this week.

As opposed to them all having Florida holidays booked for last Monday and putting everything on hold for a fortnight.

It would be nice to get any outgoings gone so that we know where we stand.

McKay ;)

This is the latest trend in 'negotiation tactics'.

The club will have offered a contract, there's no doubt about that. What the terms of it were is what would be up for discussion. Notice McKay says: "I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract,". The new in there makes it highly ambiguous in that he has been offered a contract but has since not been offered a new improved contract. The way he then goes on to talk about how he will play next season and then leave for nothing is hilarious; as if anyone didn't know that that is how it works. He's obviously saying it to draw more money into a new contract for Barton (which will obviously increase his take). Running a tit for tat campaign of bullshit, expect the club to come out with something contrary next then it will all be miraculously resolved.

Playing well goes a long way to removing negative stigma, but Barton has not had a good end to the season IMO. Plenty of games there where he has played very poorly, so if anyone was actually scouting him I can't see it being any team of note. Likewise I can't imagine that he would command higher wages than he is already being paid.

Caulkin tweeting that McKay said only way he stays is if there are new owners.

Sounds feasible, given JB's offering to the press about the current regime [in the wake of Carroll's sale and our Jan transfer window] and he was the most vocal. I think there's a deep seeded feeling of distrust towards the club's hierarch/ownership among senior players, and although not captain Barton has been a so-called mouthpiece of the playing group. Barton doesn't airbrush or sugarcoat his opinions, and he doesn't give a shit as to whether the club/Dekka/Ashley actively tout him, in a concerted attempt to remove a dissident voice from the system. Ashley & Dekka will be relieved once he is off the books, not only for financial reasons but for other intangibles as well.

the McKay appointment

:lol:

?

? ? ? They had an appointment lined up to meet McKay and get things sorted. Hopefully means they've wrote off the diary for a fortnight to try and resolve outstanding situations like Nolan, Barton, Enrique etc and possibly these moored incomings.

Sounds feasible, given JB's offering to the press about the current regime [in the wake of Carroll's sale and our Jan transfer window] and he was the most vocal. I think there's a deep seeded feeling of distrust towards the club's hierarch/ownership among senior players, and although not captain Barton has been a so-called mouthpiece of the playing group. Barton doesn't airbrush or sugarcoat his opinions, and he doesn't give a shit as to whether the club/Dekka/Ashley actively tout him, in a concerted attempt to remove a dissident voice from the system. Ashley & Dekka will be relieved once he is off the books, not only for financial reasons but for other intangibles as well.

Not to piss on your "hate in" but McKay did pass on Joeys praise, particularly to Llambias saying he had been excellent to Joey and gave him a lot of help.

Think this is nothing more than a disagreement over contract length. Club offering two years, player wanting 4.

the McKay appointment

?

? ? ? They had an appointment lined up to meet McKay and get things sorted. Hopefully means they've wrote off the diary for a fortnight to try and resolve outstanding situations like Nolan, Barton, Enrique etc and possibly these moored incomings.

I thought you were suggesting Mckay had been given a job.

The fact you're giving the club credit for meeting our player of the season's agent - despite that meeting being a toatal "Fuck you" - is typical.

When you shag around behind your lasses back, does it placate her when she finds out and you claim the bright side is that it shows you still have a libido and could conceivably shag her at some point?

Edited by Happy Face

Nightmare scenario......

Barton snapped up by Bruce :lol:

if this scenario were to play out it further validates the catchphrase they have for Mr Ashley - is it not Uncle Mike or something along similar lines ie. Agent Ashley. Such a debacle [sunderland signing JB for a minimal fee] would provide more ammunition to the sometimes tongue-in-cheek argument that Mike Ashley has been the greatest blessing to hit Sunderland in nearly twenty years.

Not to piss on your "hate in" but McKay did pass on Joeys praise, particularly to Llambias saying he had been excellent to Joey and gave him a lot of help.

Think this is nothing more than a disagreement over contract length. Club offering two years, player wanting 4.

Insignificant in comparison to what was said by JB, after the sale of Carroll ie. the owner sells another key player, and it's back to square one for those who are busting their guts out there on the paddock. And that is from the horse's mouth, the efforts of the playing group are being compromised by the owner's decision making. As for Mckay's utterings as you have stated, doesn't deviate far from the usual PR offered by agents. Wasn't it Mckay who strung Portsmouth along, before Chimbonda's unceremonious departure. Mike Ashley/Dekka vs Willie Mckay is pretty much a trio of arseholes at work, and this is just the start of a tit-for-tat joust in the press, as each party paints the other to be the immovable/stubborn villain.

the McKay appointment

?

The fact you're giving the club credit for meeting our player of the season's agent - despite that meeting being a toatal "Fuck you" - is typical.

When you shag around behind your lasses back, does it placate her when she finds out and you claim the bright side is that it shows you still have a libido and could conceivably shag her at some point?

The fact you believe everything McKays says???????

Guest alex

You don't believe everything McKay says, do you?

Insignificant in comparison to what was said by JB, after the sale of Carroll ie. the owner sells another key player, and it's back to square one for those who are busting their guts out there on the paddock. And that is from the horse's mouth, the efforts of the playing group are being compromised by the owner's decision making. As for Mckay's utterings as you have stated, doesn't deviate far from the usual PR offered by agents. Wasn't it Mckay who strung Portsmouth along, before Chimbonda's unceremonious departure. Mike Ashley/Dekka vs Willie Mckay is pretty much a trio of arseholes at work, and this is just the start of a tit-for-tat joust in the press, as each party paints the other to be the immovable/stubborn villain.

Bear in mind the majority of this board agreed with the deal including former players and owners.

Id rather go on Joeys recent comments about wanting to see out his career here, owing the fans, thumping the badge etc etc.

IE He would be quite happy to stay and work for dekka and mike......If the price is right.

Guest alex

Completely misses the point though. Getting £35m for Carroll was a no-brainer. What pisses people off is the belief it won't be reinvested in terms of new personnel.

the McKay appointment

?

The fact you believe everything McKays says???????

If Pinocchio's sneck grew 3 foot while I spoke to him, I'd believe what he was telling me over the people running Newcastle united.

You don't believe everything McKay says, do you?

Just the bits that suit my argument :lol:

Completely misses the point though. Getting £35m for Carroll was a no-brainer. What pisses people off is the belief it won't be reinvested in terms of new personnel.

I understand that, but I cant be arsed to get into drama mode just yet. Maybe if the situations the same come the first game of the season.

Guest alex

I understand that, but I cant be arsed to get into drama mode just yet. Maybe if the situations the same come the first game of the season.

Point is though, if he goes, it is another quality player / one integral to the first team gone. That's what people are worried about. That's what people are inevitably discussing in the wake of Barton's agent coming out and saying he is leaving the club. I don't think people are being particularly 'dramatic' about it either. It's more a case of being resigned to the notion that the club is going one step forward and two steps back again. The Ben Arfa and Tiote signings are more than wiped out if Enrique and Barton join Carroll out the door. You need excellent additions to even get back to square one in that's the case. I know: wait and see what happens in the summer :lol:

Edited by alex