no deal for Joey

Knackers

No I dont, being in the champions league was great but as i`ve said things have moved on and had done long before the evil Mike Ashley came on the scene with his plan to destroy Newcastle. Yes we did have some top,top footballers but we also had some right fucking donkeys on top whack money too and the club was being run on debts and that sort of spending was ans is unsustainable.

I could go out and buy a brand new Ferrari on finance and no doubt get some cracking fanny too but when reality bites and the the money dries up I`m back to the the golf and the models have moved on

Get real you fucking dope

unfortunately, the majority of people dopes [now] on here are posting exactly the same as me, which I;ve been saying almost since Ashley got his feet under his desk. When exactly will soopa Mike do better than, or even match, the Halls and Shepherd, or would you prefer us to be run for the next 15 years like Bob Murray ran the mackems instead of how they did it ? Which is what it appears you want.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, the majority of people dopes [now] on here are posting exactly the same as me, which I;ve been saying almost since Ashley got his feet under his desk. When exactly will soopa Mike do better than, or even match, the Halls and Shepherd, or would you prefer us to be run for the next 15 years like Bob Murray ran the mackems instead of how they did it ? Which is what it appears you want.

If you think the majority of people on here don't think you are a complete idiot then your maths skills are up there with your understanding of football.

I don't think that wages are an issue with Barton, it's the length of the contract.

It's always about the money.

its about ambition, you're daft if you can't see that. The money only proves the ambition.

and the money comes from...............................???????

I don't think that wages are an issue with Barton, it's the length of the contract.

its about ambition, you're daft if you can't see that. The money only proves the ambition.

so you are happy for us to compete at the levels of Blackburn and Bolton ?

Maybe the Halls and Shepherd can give soopa Mike some tips on how to raise revenues, rather than selling your best players to do it ?

If you think the majority of people on here don't think you are a complete idiot then your maths skills are up there with your understanding of football.

unfortunately, I - and others who now agree with me - will be proved right in the long run, the only question is how long will it take before the penny drops with fuckwits like you.

Go back to 1986.

unfortunately, I - and others who now agree with me - will be proved right in the long run, the only question is how long will it take before the penny drops with fuckwits like you.

Go back to 1986.

Okay name names. Who is it that has had their mind changed by the force of your facts and intellect.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Re the conspiracy theory :lol:

I think there's nothing sinister in this on either side. Agreement can't reached unfortunately.

One side will blame nasty Ashley. The other will blame greedy Joey. Each side is just looking after their own interest.

Hopefully we get another good year.

I'm quite pleased the club have come out with this as it just seems to tell it as it is and takes the unpleasantness out of the situation that seems to be building with McKay and then Joey on Twitter.

Having got his life turned around, the last thing I think he needs is to be getting into spats on twitter.

Delighted as well that the club seem to have lots of Irons in the fire on the transfer front. I wonder if we'll snap Larsson up today having now being officially released by Birmingham.

Totally agree. It's just business and a lot of typical agent posturing, a PR battle. My blog co-author posted similar today - http://bit.ly/iYWlbR

Go back to 1986.

Okay name names. Who is it that has had their mind changed by the force of your facts and intellect.

did you tell us back in 2005-2007 that Man City would be bought by Arabs ? Why did you want Fred out ? Why was he booed ? Why does any of this mean NUFC have to sell their best players and compete at the levels of Blackburn and Bolton ?

Use what facts you can find and any intellect you can muster.

so you are happy for us to compete at the levels of Blackburn and Bolton ?

Maybe the Halls and Shepherd can give soopa Mike some tips on how to raise revenues, rather than selling your best players to do it ?

Been done to death and irrelevant.

We are competing at the level we can afford, due to current and past bad management.

Go back to 1986.

did you tell us back in 2005-2007 that Man City would be bought by Arabs ? Why did you want Fred out ? Why was he booed ? Why does any of this mean NUFC have to sell their best players and compete at the levels of Blackburn and Bolton ?

Same old same old. Simple question gets no answer and a wacky reply.

As a matter of interest, what do people think Joey's worth a week ???

Given that as per the Daily Telegraph in May last year:

Man Utd's average player wage was £55,818 per week

Arsenal's was £50,289 per week

Scouse murderers was £48,662 per week

So Joey's existing reported £60K/week is above average for those three.

On the subject of wages etc. This is an interesting read, if a wee bit mumbo jumbo (Chez might like it)

http://onfooty.com/2011/05/financial-break...ier-league.html

Edited by Toonpack

/CT/ Jose and Barton must be asking for very high wages if the £35 million doesn't cover it, I can't blame Ashley for this. /CT/

Jose wants to play champions league football

Ashley doesnt think Barton is worth a four year contract that will see him up to just short of 33

Nothing sinister in either of those statements, its just football.

As a matter of interest, what do people think Joey's worth a week ???

Given that as per the Daily Telegraph in May last year:

Man Utd's average player wage was £55,818 per week

Arsenal's was £50,289 per week

Scouse murderers was £48,662 per week

So Joey's existing reported £60K/week is above average for those three.

On the subject of wages etc. This is an interesting read, if a wee bit mumbo jumbo (Chez might like it)

http://onfooty.com/2011/05/financial-break...ier-league.html

If you are playing CL football I reckon its easier to get a player on a lesser wage. Plus you are comparing one player against an average. I bet those teams have a load of players above their average and a lot of much lower earners pulling the average down (obvious I know :lol: ). As for his worth, I have no idea, but £50K p/w is a figure I've had in my head (based on current figures) but I have no idea on the actual wages paid, only hearsay.

My issue on Barton is simply that it will cost more to replace him than give him the extra year he wants. Wage isnt the issue just length of contract.

From Lille's version/equivalent of the Journal evidently:

Yoyan Cabaye bound for Newcastle

Under contract until June 2013, Yohan Cabaye has, it seems, reached an agreement with the leaders of Newcastle to finalize details of his future yesterday. The transfer should be completed in the next 10 days.

According to our information, Yohan Cabaye is on the verge of joining the club from Newcastle. Yesterday, the player along with his agent met up the bosses from Newcastle, to finalise all the details of his contract.

Oh 5Mill Euro release clause supposedly.

Edited by Toonpack

Just had a thought: If McKay is confident that he can get Barton as good a contract at any time elsewhere, then what difference does the length of contract make?

They must think it will be difficult for them to get a decent wage offer in 3 years time, presumably because players of that age arent worth £40k a week. So, why should we hand him a contract paying him that money which the negotiation clearly reveals McKay is not confident of securing elsewhere?

Go back to 1986.

Same old same old. Simple question gets no answer and a wacky reply.

ironic

Just had a thought: If McKay is confident that he can get Barton as good a contract at any time elsewhere, then what difference does the length of contract make?

They must think it will be difficult for them to get a decent wage offer in 3 years time, presumably because players of that age arent worth £40k a week. So, why should we hand him a contract paying him that money which the negotiation clearly reveals McKay is not confident of securing elsewhere?

Spot on.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?

@Joey7Barton

Joseph Barton

.......slight problem is, they dont want to spend any money or pay any wages. Its genius really ha ha

I am an employee so have to be careful here. Everyone knows i'd love to stay, i get on with Pardew fine and are dressing room is 1st class..

if am not offered a new contract, my hands are tied. I will continue to do everything in my power to bring a trophy to St James next season