no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some ways I can't wait for him to go. I think he is a player who will speak his mind and tell us the truth about what is going on there.

unless they gag him, but other than that, it could be interesting. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go now, for one thing what he is saying on tweeter could create bad feeling to accelerate his departure.

All a bit sad really and of no benefit to NUFC.

I'd love to know what it is some of you think he might "reveal" :D

the fact that the club aren't prepared to pay the going rate for the quality footballer anymore ? Not everybody has their heads up their arse like you man :lol:

Great idea though, buying up a load of players from youtube for the price of a Sports Direct t-shirt and hoping one of them come up trumps as a replacement.

All a bit sad really and of no benefit to NUFC.

I'd love to know what it is some of you think he might "reveal" :lol:

He'll reveal what kk managed to do, that fcb and co are pack of deceitful lying bastards.

You're definitely a mackem btw, you thick lying bastard.

If the lads not careful they'll end up just sacking him.

GBH, Jail and community service are fine, but a twitter account? Shit no!

They'd have another tribunal on their hands.

If the lads not careful they'll end up just sacking him.

GBH, Jail and community service are fine, but a twitter account? Shit no!

They'd have another tribunal on their hands.

Do you think Ashley would care about a tribunal?

If he keeps on like this it will not end well.

Regardless of his contract situation , you cant start getting into a battle of words with your employer on twitter.

I just want him here next season and his actions are heading down the path to that being an impossibility.

£3.5m of care from the last wrongful dismissal tribunal Ashley was involved in.

"Joey7Barton: I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?"

http://www.twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/74872635107966976

First two words, surely that's good.

Third/fourth words, I though he and McKay said it wasn't about the money.

Playing a blinder is Joey, pushing all the right buttons to get the fan sympathy yet burning his bridges. Clever boy.

Barton won't bite his tongue

hopefully not. Even for money.

But it's not about the money.

I wonder if he'll demand his "loyalty" money from NUFC or whether his new club will have to pay it, he's rapidly manouvering his position here to be untenable. Yet he supposedly wants to stay for the fans and "I love the club". Bollocks.

I'd have liked him to stay btw.

I think you have to be realistic (not happy) about whats gone on and whats going on here.

Theres a feeling being portrayed by some of the media who regularly cover Newcastle that that solid team spirit etc that got us through promotion and last season was so to speak "getting a little bit big for its boots".

Following on from Joeys outbursts against his employers in March, they may, unknown to us (or Pardew) already taken the decision to wield the axe and break it up. Hence the lack of contracts forthcoming.

I hope im wrong and this can be resolved, but Joeys not doing himself any favours trying to take on Ashley in public. There will only be one winner.

Theres a feeling being portrayed by some of the media who regularly cover Newcastle that that solid team spirit etc that got us through promotion and last season was so to speak "getting a little bit big for its boots".

Examples?

"Joey7Barton: I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?"

http://www.twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/74872635107966976

First two words, surely that's good.

Third/fourth words, I though he and McKay said it wasn't about the money.

Playing a blinder is Joey, pushing all the right buttons to get the fan sympathy yet burning his bridges. Clever boy.

Barton won't bite his tongue

hopefully not. Even for money.

But it's not about the money.

I wonder if he'll demand his "loyalty" money from NUFC or whether his new club will have to pay it, he's rapidly manouvering his position here to be untenable. Yet he supposedly wants to stay for the fans and "I love the club". Bollocks.

I'd have liked him to stay btw.

you can't expect players to show blind loyalty to any football club, it just doesn't happen. This is what makes me laugh re all the "Judas" chants which go on towards Carroll and others in our past. Players are just like me and you, they want the best from their careers and generally money sets out the markers and shows the ambition. It is exactly the same, expecting blind loyalty from anybody in life is both crass and small minded.

I think you have to be realistic (not happy) about whats gone on and whats going on here.

Following on from Joeys outbursts against his employers in March, they may, unknown to us (or Pardew) already taken the decision to wield the axe and break it up. Hence the lack of contracts forthcoming.

I hope im wrong and this can be resolved, but Joeys not doing himself any favours trying to take on Ashley in public. There will only be one winner.

and it won't be the supporters of Newcastle United.

:lol:Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

Needs addressing quickly.

:lol:Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

I would say Barton coming out and telling people how badly the club is being run is a good thing so turbospackers don't think they're doing well. The most vital part of this is that Barton is signed because no matter how many talented French midfielders you sign, there's no replacing leadership on the pitch. He doesn't sulk, he says what he wants (and he's always right about the club) and does the business on the pitch. Btw, on about sulking, don't you want N Zogbia back?

Also, the barely hidden contempt Ashley and co have for the fans is a thousand times worse.

I didnt say that though.

I would say Barton coming out and telling people how badly the club is being run is a good thing so turbospackers don't think they're doing well. The most vital part of this is that Barton is signed because no matter how many talented French midfielders you sign, there's no replacing leadership on the pitch. He doesn't sulk, he says what he wants (and he's always right about the club) and does the business on the pitch. Btw, on about sulking, don't you want N Zogbia back?

Also, the barely hidden contempt Ashley and co have for the fans is a thousand times worse.

First of all, Barton has told us nothing new. (I dont actually recall him saying anything bad about the club until AFTER his request for a 4/5 year deal was turned down in January) but dont let that get in the way of a bit of Ashley bashing :D

In fairness to the club they have been great to Barton during his missing 3 years, however, its now looking like he has burned all his bridges and will not play for us again.

Re Nzogbia. I remember thinking of him the way I think about Shane when I first saw him. It never quite worked for him first time around but lets not forget he was a very young lad, far from home, in a club in turmoil.

The times I have seen him for Wigan he looks as though he is maturing into the player a lot us hoped he would become. I also think a good bunch of French speaking lads / friends around him would be of great benefit.

I doubt there are many Newcastle fans who originally drooled at his early promise, unwilling to give him another chance.

I didnt say that though.

What's negative about him? He's over the moon with Cabaye coming in.