no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

Needs addressing quickly.

What's negative about him? He's over the moon with Cabaye coming in.

Course he is :D

younger, better, cheaper player.

:lol:Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

What's negative about him? He's over the moon with Cabaye coming in.

Course he is :D

younger, better, cheaper player.

Isn't that exactly what you're advocating?

I think you'll find I was advocating / looking forward to another two years of Joey Barton.

"Was" being the operative word.

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY!!!

Edited by Happy Face

I didnt say that though.

I would say Barton coming out and telling people how badly the club is being run is a good thing so turbospackers don't think they're doing well. The most vital part of this is that Barton is signed because no matter how many talented French midfielders you sign, there's no replacing leadership on the pitch. He doesn't sulk, he says what he wants (and he's always right about the club) and does the business on the pitch. Btw, on about sulking, don't you want N Zogbia back?

Also, the barely hidden contempt Ashley and co have for the fans is a thousand times worse.

First of all, Barton has told us nothing new. (I dont actually recall him saying anything bad about the club until AFTER his request for a 4/5 year deal was turned down in January) but dont let that get in the way of a bit of Ashley bashing :D

In fairness to the club they have been great to Barton during his missing 3 years, however, its now looking like he has burned all his bridges and will not play for us again.

Re Nzogbia. I remember thinking of him the way I think about Shane when I first saw him. It never quite worked for him first time around but lets not forget he was a very young lad, far from home, in a club in turmoil.

The times I have seen him for Wigan he looks as though he is maturing into the player a lot us hoped he would become. I also think a good bunch of French speaking lads / friends around him would be of great benefit.

I doubt there are many Newcastle fans who originally drooled at his early promise, unwilling to give him another chance.

wrong. I'm always right. We should never have sold him.

I think you'll find I was advocating / looking forward to another two years of Joey Barton.

:lol: I already said a few posts back that I thinks he's blown it and wont play for us again.

I didnt say that though.

I would say Barton coming out and telling people how badly the club is being run is a good thing so turbospackers don't think they're doing well. The most vital part of this is that Barton is signed because no matter how many talented French midfielders you sign, there's no replacing leadership on the pitch. He doesn't sulk, he says what he wants (and he's always right about the club) and does the business on the pitch. Btw, on about sulking, don't you want N Zogbia back?

Also, the barely hidden contempt Ashley and co have for the fans is a thousand times worse.

First of all, Barton has told us nothing new. (I dont actually recall him saying anything bad about the club until AFTER his request for a 4/5 year deal was turned down in January) but dont let that get in the way of a bit of Ashley bashing :D

In fairness to the club they have been great to Barton during his missing 3 years, however, its now looking like he has burned all his bridges and will not play for us again.

Re Nzogbia. I remember thinking of him the way I think about Shane when I first saw him. It never quite worked for him first time around but lets not forget he was a very young lad, far from home, in a club in turmoil.

The times I have seen him for Wigan he looks as though he is maturing into the player a lot us hoped he would become. I also think a good bunch of French speaking lads / friends around him would be of great benefit.

I doubt there are many Newcastle fans who originally drooled at his early promise, unwilling to give him another chance.

???? :D which bit am I wrong about grasshopper.

:lol: I already said a few posts back that I thinks he's blown it and wont play for us again.

I'll add that to the tracker for you.

I didnt say that though.

???? :D which bit am I wrong about grasshopper.

fucking hell, you're really bouncing :lol:

;)Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

So you'd rather he swept it under the carpet, took his wages and moved along quietly? Not Barton's way, really. I'm glad Barton has had his say on the matter, no smokescreens, no bullshit just the situation as the player sees it, if people at the club have their own views they are free to air them. I'm sure the local/non local journalists will provide them with a platform. One thing about Barton is that he doesn't seem the type to sit on the fence, it's fairly obvious that there's bad blood between him and the hierarchy and an extra year with a pay cut seems a fair enough compromise to me. (He gets his extra year option, they get the pay cut), but maybe he's not wanted by the big Cheese. There's no conspiracy, the people in charge are, in my opinion, huffy bastards who have deliberately closed a section who occasionally gave them the bird and have strung along some of the younger displaced supporters with vague talk of relocating them together before denying them this opportunity once the final game is out the way and verbal protests are avoided. Barton has had run ins with them so he's out as well.

put the 2 year deal back on the table at our wage cap , leave it there , joey cant be on his high horse then .

at the end of the day it's upto him if he wants to reduce his wages that much , i can deal with that , but with the club 'taking their ball and going home' and joey doing the 'it's not me it's them' thing, it's abit schoolyard imo .

In the end Joey Barton would be the first name on my team sheet, but if the club don't offer him a new contract it's the right thing to do because he could have a sulk and upset the strong team spirit that he helped to build.

;)

sarcasm

;)Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

So you'd rather he swept it under the carpet, took his wages and moved along quietly? Not Barton's way, really. I'm glad Barton has had his say on the matter, no smokescreens, no bullshit just the situation as the player sees it, if people at the club have their own views they are free to air them. I'm sure the local/non local journalists will provide them with a platform. One thing about Barton is that he doesn't seem the type to sit on the fence, it's fairly obvious that there's bad blood between him and the hierarchy and an extra year with a pay cut seems a fair enough compromise to me. (He gets his extra year option, they get the pay cut), but maybe he's not wanted by the big Cheese. There's no conspiracy, the people in charge are, in my opinion, huffy bastards who have deliberately closed a section who occasionally gave them the bird and have strung along some of the younger displaced supporters with vague talk of relocating them together before denying them this opportunity once the final game is out the way and verbal protests are avoided. Barton has had run ins with them so he's out as well.

First bold bit - Yes I would, until he was out of contract or sold. He's making his position untenable at the club. It's simply a "negotiating tactic" but designed for him to escape "lillywhite" in the eyes of the fans IMO, but it's not about the money. How far would you get slagging your employer (however much you dislike him/her) in public, there's been plenty of "normal" people sacked for saying inappropriate things on Twitter/Fbook.

Second Bold bit - If you had ultimate control and someone (or a collection of someones) was pissing you off, wouldn't you do the same. I would. Although based on threads I've read here and elsewhere isn't just about everyone loosely back together ??

First bold bit - Yes I would, until he was out of contract or sold. He's making his position untenable at the club. It's simply a "negotiating tactic" but designed for him to escape "lillywhite" in the eyes of the fans IMO, but it's not about the money. How far would you get slagging your employer (however much you dislike him/her) in public, there's been plenty of "normal" people sacked for saying inappropriate things on Twitter/Fbook.

He's doing exactly what Carroll should have done if he had really wanted to stay when the club wanted to sell.

He's doing exactly what Carroll should have done if he had really wanted to stay when the club wanted to sell.

He's "appearing" to do it, whilst all the while he is, in reality, making it more difficult/unlikely to come to pass.

Should be keeping his gob shut until he's gone (one way or the other) moral high ground and all that, he's just playing to the audience IMO.

He's "appearing" to do it, whilst all the while he is, in reality, making it more difficult/unlikely to come to pass.

Should be keeping his gob shut until he's gone (one way or the other) moral high ground and all that, he's just playing to the audience IMO.

Whether he's genuine with his platitudes or not (and I believe he is) there's been no suggestion from anyone at the club that anything he's said has been contentious at all.

I didnt say that though.

Funny though how he wasnt very bolshy until AFTER he turned down his contract offer in January. Funny That.

I also would love a straight answer to specific details of what you think he has brought into the public domain?

Only last week his agent was publicly praising the regime.

;)

put the 2 year deal back on the table at our wage cap , leave it there , joey cant be on his high horse then .

at the end of the day it's upto him if he wants to reduce his wages that much , i can deal with that , but with the club 'taking their ball and going home' and joey doing the 'it's not me it's them' thing, it's abit schoolyard imo .

Spot on (cant see it happening now like).

Exactly. Silly lad.

Whether he's genuine with his platitudes or not (and I believe he is) there's been no suggestion from anyone at the club that anything he's said has been contentious at all.

What do you call not offering him any contract.

I

I

I

I'll let you sort out your post before i respond.