no deal for Joey

Knackers

Guest alex

Watch this space as the club starts to make Barton out to be the bad guy in all this btw. And certain people will lap it right it.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this space as the club starts to make Barton out to be the bad guy in all this btw. And certain people will lap it right it.

They'll use their pals in the Chronicle for that. They've been using them to make Sol Campbell look a right mercenary prick.

Guest alex

They'll use their pals in the Chronicle for that. They've been using them to make Sol Campbell look a right mercenary prick.

Campbell might've been alright. He would've needed a few games under his belt though. I know he had a few mares but he played well at home against Chelsea. Problem is he was out of the picture as soon as he criticised the club for getting rid of Hughton (I'm guessing he was the 'anonymous' player).

I wonder how similar the conversation was to the Carroll talk before he went.

"We want to keep you, but we're not paying you the going rate, if you don't like it hand in a transfer request and we'll be glad to help you move."

He's not going to hand in a transfer request though, so there's no excuses if they sell him this time.

Campbell might've been alright. He would've needed a few games under his belt though. I know he had a few mares but he played well at home against Chelsea. Problem is he was out of the picture as soon as he criticised the club for getting rid of Hughton (I'm guessing he was the 'anonymous' player).

Hard to blame a player for being not good enough. Not his fault the club agreed to pay him an absolute fortune and then only play him intermittently.

Using the press to try and make him into the bad guy is bad form.

And Parky gets the piss taken out of him for being a conspiracy theorist :lol: Campbell looked shit according to everyone but now there is a conspiracy with Thomson house to portray him as a mercenary? Why? So the club dont look bad for not extending his deal? Head shake time.

Barton is staying one more season i reckon as the club have no choice in the matter and despite the idea having some traction, there is no way Ashley would countenance spending £3m on wages for a reserve player.

Guest alex
And Parky gets the piss taken out of him for being a conspiracy theorist ;) Campbell looked shit according to everyone but now there is a conspiracy with Thomson house to portray him as a mercenary? Why? So the club dont look bad for not extending his deal? Head shake time.

Barton is staying one more season i reckon as the club have no choice in the matter and despite the idea having some traction, there is no way Ashley would countenance spending £3m on wages for a reserve player.

Alan Smith tbh :lol:

And Parky gets the piss taken out of him for being a conspiracy theorist ;) Campbell looked shit according to everyone but now there is a conspiracy with Thomson house to portray him as a mercenary? Why? So the club dont look bad for not extending his deal? Head shake time.

Alan Smith tbh :lol:

:D If he had the choice? No fucker wants him and he doesnt want to leave, only interested in the money according to his lass.

And Parky gets the piss taken out of him for being a conspiracy theorist :lol: Campbell looked shit according to everyone but now there is a conspiracy with Thomson house to portray him as a mercenary? Why? So the club dont look bad for not extending his deal? Head shake time.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory(!), I just think the club are feeding bits and pieces to the local press to spin their side of the story. There's been mention 2 or 3 times about how bad Sol has been for us and how he's insisting on taking extra money out of the club. There was also a bit yesterday about what a very generous offer Barton had been offered. Guess work by the local hacks?

He could hang around but if Ashley is determined to sell him it could be a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face if they banish him to the reserves or whatever. A year out the game could finish him at the top level at his age.

Precisely.

I can't believe even someone as docile as you CT can be that naive. He'll be gone if a contract isn't signed.

Your missing the point Craig, Ashley can't make Barton leave.

Come January, Barton can organise his own transfer and keep the transfer fee for himself.

This is all about money. He's been offered 2 years with an option but wants 4 with an option.

The only way he will leave is if another Chairman wants to take a big punt on Barton on big wages for four years.

Joey can wait a several months then pocket 2 or 3 mill.

Him and his agent have even told you this is what he is going to do.

Ashley has no moves here, just as he doesn't with Smith.

I wonder how similar the conversation was to the Carroll talk before he went.

"We want to keep you, but we're not paying you the going rate, if you don't like it hand in a transfer request and we'll be glad to help you move."

He's not going to hand in a transfer request though, so there's no excuses if they sell him this time.

As we've already seen with Barton, when Ashley tried to sell him before, he's a stubborn bastard and there's no chance he'll give in to the board.

He could hang around but if Ashley is determined to sell him it could be a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face if they banish him to the reserves or whatever. A year out the game could finish him at the top level at his age.

Precisely.

I can't believe even someone as docile as you CT can be that naive. He'll be gone if a contract isn't signed.

Come January, Barton can organise his own transfer and keep the transfer fee for himself.

This is all about money. He's been offered 2 years with an option but wants 4 with an option.

The only way he will leave is if another Chairman wants to take a big punt on Barton on big wages for four years.

When did I ever say Ashley will make Barton leave? Given his performances last season, half the Premiership would gladly pick up Joey Barton and would rather have him as a 29 year old than a 30 year old. If they make a bid for him I guarantee Ashley will sell him so it is you who is missing the point! :lol:

BTW - only reason he's been unable to offload Smith is because no-one wants him.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory(!), I just think the club are feeding bits and pieces to the local press to spin their side of the story. There's been mention 2 or 3 times about how bad Sol has been for us and how he's insisting on taking extra money out of the club. There was also a bit yesterday about what a very generous offer Barton had been offered. Guess work by the local hacks?

In these cynical times Barney, its easy to think like this everytime the club does anything. I prefer the simpler explanation: Campbell was shit this season but still got out every penny from his contract, as would be consistent with the profile developed over the years of your typical modern footballer. The alternative is that he has walked away Gullit style, saying 'no worries on the last 2 months of my salary, didnt work out and i'm off' but the club are actually telling the press that he demanded them. Go for the simple one imo.

With Barton, if he wants 4+1 and the club are only prepared to offer 2+1 then you cant argue with them for being open about it either. Its not an open and shut case this, they;ve paid him millions to be in prison and not play, you can forgive them for wanting to invest another £8-10m into him.

Precisely.

When did I ever say Ashley will make Barton leave? Given his performances last season, half the Premiership would gladly pick up Joey Barton and would rather have him as a 29 year old than a 30 year old. If they make a bid for him I guarantee Ashley will sell him so it is you who is missing the point! :lol:

BTW - only reason he's been unable to offload Smith is because no-one wants him.

and CT [and others] says I make the same old repetitive posts.........at least what I say is correct repetitive posts

;)

at the end of the day, it boils down to :

Barton is a good player, he's only 29, so keep him for the next 3 years [or maybe 4 on option/reduced terms which is fair enough to strike a compromise if necessary] but KEEP unless they find a better player . At this level of football, a million quid either way is neither here nor there, when the player is the right player and he performs on the pitch and is committed to the club.

Edited by LeazesMag

Barton is a good player, he's only 29, so keep him for the next 3 years [or maybe 4 on option/reduced terms which is fair enough to strike a compromise if necessary] but KEEP unless they find a better player . At this level of football, a million quid either way is neither here nor there, when the player is the right player and he performs on the pitch and is committed to the club.

Thats exactly where we went wrong in the past. Ignore the extra million here and there and you soon have the whole squad looking to outdo the latest increase and find you are paying 90% of your turnover in wages and are stuck with players on long contracts that are no longer performing (Iknow you don't need me to give you examples).

Guest alex

I can see both points of view like. Barton is the bloke, remember, who wouldn't sign for us until he got his loyalty bonus from Man City, which NUFC ended up having to tack onto his transfer fee in order to get him.

In these cynical times Barney, its easy to think like this everytime the club does anything. I prefer the simpler explanation: Campbell was shit this season but still got out every penny from his contract, as would be consistent with the profile developed over the years of your typical modern footballer. The alternative is that he has walked away Gullit style, saying 'no worries on the last 2 months of my salary, didnt work out and i'm off' but the club are actually telling the press that he demanded them. Go for the simple one imo.

With Barton, if he wants 4+1 and the club are only prepared to offer 2+1 then you cant argue with them for being open about it either. Its not an open and shut case this, they;ve paid him millions to be in prison and not play, you can forgive them for wanting to invest another £8-10m into him.

Ok, I take your point, and Sol has history with this(took Pompey to court over unpaid image rights[iirc]). But the club entered into a contract with him and because he wasn't a great signing they're pissed off that they have to pay him what they contractually agreed to. That's fucked up.

Bartons contract is a bit messy. Hopefully they agree to meet in the middle. I don't think Barton will lose pace, but I can see the clubs issue at potentially having to pay a 34year old top wedge(even though it would be reduced). Bartons acceptance of a reduced wage and performance this season have/will go a long way to make up for the first couple of years here.

My main gripe in this issue isn't the club, it's the spineless local press who are talking about the "very genrous offer on the table" for Barton. I'm sure that quote didn't come from Barton or McKay.

Thats exactly where we went wrong in the past. Ignore the extra million here and there and you soon have the whole squad looking to outdo the latest increase and find you are paying 90% of your turnover in wages and are stuck with players on long contracts that are no longer performing (Iknow you don't need me to give you examples).

That was a problem with players that weren't performing. Initially signed at a high price on long contracts.

There's never been anything wrong with Shearer, Lee, Ferdinand, Given etc getting renewed contracts that reflect their value as our best performers.

Barton is in that category at the moment, a vital cog with many more years in him.

Re the conspiracy theory :lol:

I think there's nothing sinister in this on either side. Agreement can't reached unfortunately.

One side will blame nasty Ashley. The other will blame greedy Joey. Each side is just looking after their own interest.

Hopefully we get another good year.

I'm quite pleased the club have come out with this as it just seems to tell it as it is and takes the unpleasantness out of the situation that seems to be building with McKay and then Joey on Twitter.

Having got his life turned around, the last thing I think he needs is to be getting into spats on twitter.

Delighted as well that the club seem to have lots of Irons in the fire on the transfer front. I wonder if we'll snap Larsson up today having now being officially released by Birmingham.

Guest alex
Re the conspiracy theory :lol:

I think there's nothing sinister in this on either side. Agreement can't reached unfortunately.

One side will blame nasty Ashley. The other will blame greedy Joey. Each side is just looking after their own interest.

Hopefully we get another good year.

I'm quite pleased the club have come out with this as it just seems to tell it as it is and takes the unpleasantness out of the situation that seems to be building with McKay and then Joey on Twitter.

Having got his life turned around, the last thing I think he needs is to be getting into spats on twitter.

Delighted as well that the club seem to have lots of Irons in the fire on the transfer front. I wonder if we'll snap Larsson up today having now being officially released by Birmingham.

House!

The club have come out with what? It was McKay who released the story.

And what spats has he gotten into on Twitter?

??????

Im referring to the post in this thread earlier in the day quoting Pardew.

Last night he was getting into it with Morgan and there will be a whole host of others trying to wind him up.

??????

Im referring to the post in this thread earlier in the day quoting Pardew.

Last night he was getting into it with Morgan and there will be a whole host of others trying to wind him up.

Firstly, he was hardly getting into it. And of course Pardew commented on it. I'm failing to see any point to your post.