no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

What do you call not offering him any contract.

I

I don't know what this means or refers to.

I call not offering him a contract an indication that his services are no longer required.

First bold bit - Yes I would, until he was out of contract or sold. He's making his position untenable at the club. It's simply a "negotiating tactic" but designed for him to escape "lillywhite" in the eyes of the fans IMO, but it's not about the money. How far would you get slagging your employer (however much you dislike him/her) in public, there's been plenty of "normal" people sacked for saying inappropriate things on Twitter/Fbook.

He's doing exactly what Carroll should have done if he had really wanted to stay when the club wanted to sell.

He's "appearing" to do it, whilst all the while he is, in reality, making it more difficult/unlikely to come to pass.

Should be keeping his gob shut until he's gone (one way or the other) moral high ground and all that, he's just playing to the audience IMO.

Whether he's genuine with his platitudes or not (and I believe he is) there's been no suggestion from anyone at the club that anything he's said has been contentious at all.

I'll re-phrase it.

I would guess that the reason the 2 year plus 1 offer that was offered and declined by Joey in January, was not re-offered to McKay last week, indicate that that Ashley has found his remarks contentious.

(I guess the reason they allowed McKay to travel North was only to sound him out re N'zogbia. (I think he's also on his books).

First bold bit - Yes I would, until he was out of contract or sold. He's making his position untenable at the club. It's simply a "negotiating tactic" but designed for him to escape "lillywhite" in the eyes of the fans IMO, but it's not about the money. How far would you get slagging your employer (however much you dislike him/her) in public, there's been plenty of "normal" people sacked for saying inappropriate things on Twitter/Fbook.

He's doing exactly what Carroll should have done if he had really wanted to stay when the club wanted to sell.

He's "appearing" to do it, whilst all the while he is, in reality, making it more difficult/unlikely to come to pass.

Should be keeping his gob shut until he's gone (one way or the other) moral high ground and all that, he's just playing to the audience IMO.

Whether he's genuine with his platitudes or not (and I believe he is) there's been no suggestion from anyone at the club that anything he's said has been contentious at all.

I'll re-phrase it.

I would guess that the reason the 2 year plus 1 offer that was offered and declined by Joey in January, was not re-offered to McKay last week, indicate that that Ashley has found his remarks contentious.

(I guess the reason they allowed McKay to travel North was only to sound him out re N'zogbia. (I think he's also on his books).

You're still not making sense. His remarks follow the meeting, not precede them. Did Ashley forsee it?

I know you have blind faith, but he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Off to Liverpool

Fee agreed

According to my Twitter friend / random ITK

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, Ashley and lambias are braindead fuckwitts who instead of keeping their best players will snap the hands off when anyone comes in with money and with Barton there is the additional bonus that he's slagged them off several times so they won't be able to wait to shift him out the door.

And if there was any doubt in Enriques mind as to whether to stay or go because of the piss poor lack of ambition here then losing Barton will just confirm it nicely for him, and if he joins Barton who else might want to go.

Off to Liverpool

Fee agreed

According to my Twitter friend / random ITK

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, Ashley and lambias are braindead fuckwitts who instead of keeping their best players will snap the hands off when anyone comes in with money and with Barton there is the additional bonus that he's slagged them off several times so they won't be able to wait to shift him out the door.

And if there was any doubt in Enriques mind as to whether to stay or go because of the piss poor lack of ambition here then losing Barton will just confirm it nicely for him, and if he joins Barton who else might want to go.

Aye, well played Joey (and Mr McKay)

;)Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

Needs addressing quickly.

So you'd rather he swept it under the carpet, took his wages and moved along quietly? Not Barton's way, really. I'm glad Barton has had his say on the matter, no smokescreens, no bullshit just the situation as the player sees it, if people at the club have their own views they are free to air them. I'm sure the local/non local journalists will provide them with a platform. One thing about Barton is that he doesn't seem the type to sit on the fence, it's fairly obvious that there's bad blood between him and the hierarchy and an extra year with a pay cut seems a fair enough compromise to me. (He gets his extra year option, they get the pay cut), but maybe he's not wanted by the big Cheese. There's no conspiracy, the people in charge are, in my opinion, huffy bastards who have deliberately closed a section who occasionally gave them the bird and have strung along some of the younger displaced supporters with vague talk of relocating them together before denying them this opportunity once the final game is out the way and verbal protests are avoided. Barton has had run ins with them so he's out as well.

Second Bold bit - If you had ultimate control and someone (or a collection of someones) was pissing you off, wouldn't you do the same. I would. Although based on threads I've read here and elsewhere isn't just about everyone loosely back together ??

Yes I'd quite happily let my feelings be known to my employer if I thought they were taking the piss. It's called having your say and not being trampled over. If you've no respect for yourself how is an employer supposed to? (Ok, depends how you put it but you get my drift). We seem to be getting a recurring theme here where the club put their hands up and say, 'Not our fault, Guv, can't keep unhappy players' and everyone from Shearer to KK to Barton to Carroll are all greedy/mad/unhappy at club/whatever. How about, just for once, it might be that the people in charge are not always being truthful with the facts? Leazes gets a lot of stick on here, but for me you are just as twisty as CT. No matter what comes out about whatever player MA/Llambias gets your nod of approval at best, benefit of the doubt at worst.

Yes I'd quite happily let my feelings be known to my employer if I thought they were taking the piss. It's called having your say and not being trampled over. If you've no respect for yourself how is an employer supposed to? (Ok, depends how you put it but you get my drift). We seem to be getting a recurring theme here where the club put their hands up and say, 'Not our fault, Guv, can't keep unhappy players' and everyone from Shearer to KK to Barton to Carroll are all greedy/mad/unhappy at club/whatever. How about, just for once, it might be that the people in charge are not always being truthful with the facts? Leazes gets a lot of stick on here, but for me you are just as twisty as CT. No matter what comes out about whatever player MA/Llambias gets your nod of approval at best, benefit of the doubt at worst.

See you still havent answered the points raised from yesterday.

Funny though how he wasnt very bolshy until AFTER he turned down his contract offer in January. Funny That.

I also would love a straight answer to specific details of what you think he has brought into the public domain?

Only last week his agent was publicly praising the regime.

The bottom line is that he wasnt slagging the board off until he couldnt get what he wanted in Januray.

And lets kill this rubbish once and for all, he hasnt come out and revealed any unknown truths about Newcastle. If he has, someone link them.

What he has done, since January is snipe away like a spoiled child.

Joey the footballer, great. Joey the man, tit.

In public, taking an add out in the press, as an analogy, to put your grievance in front of your fellow employees and customers, really ?? It's not called "having your say and not being trampled over" in the real world (anywhere but football) it's called career suicide.

I don't doubt the people in charge are economical with the facts, but equally I don't doubt players and their agents are as well.

I don't trust any of them. But what I also don't do is swallow everything that's said as gospel so long as it's derogatory to the club/owner.

It's always about the money, on both sides.

If he'd kept his gob shut until he was either sold or played out his last year, then I'd give it some creedence. Or at least taken the moral high ground as it were and kept the "I want to stay" line going, great. But he knows he's popular, his agent is a bona fide prize cunt and obviously by pure coincidence he's pushing all the right Anti-Ashley buttons.

See you still havent answered the points raised from yesterday.

Funny though how he wasnt very bolshy until AFTER he turned down his contract offer in January. Funny That.

I also would love a straight answer to specific details of what you think he has brought into the public domain?

The bottom line is that he wasnt slagging the board off until he couldnt get what he wanted in Januray.

And lets kill this rubbish once and for all, he hasnt come out and revealed any unknown truths about Newcastle. If he has, someone link them.

What he has done, since January is snipe away like a spoiled child.

Joey the footballer, great. Joey the man, tit.

I wasn't on yesterday, I've no idea what you're talking about.

In public, taking an add out in the press, as an analogy, to put your grievance in front of your fellow employees and customers, really ?? It's not called "having your say and not being trampled over" in the real world (anywhere but football) it's called career suicide.

I don't doubt the people in charge are economical with the facts, but equally I don't doubt players and their agents are as well.

I don't trust any of them. But what I also don't do is swallow everything that's said as gospel so long as it's derogatory to the club/owner.

It's always about the money, on both sides.

If he'd kept his gob shut until he was either sold or played out his last year, then I'd give it some creedence. Or at least taken the moral high ground as it were and kept the "I want to stay" line going, great. But he knows he's popular, his agent is a bona fide prize cunt and obviously by pure coincidence he's pushing all the right Anti-Ashley buttons.

Mckay is a bone fide cunt? Probably.

If you were being lined up to be the next greedy bastard I'm sure you'd like it to be known to all your workmates or in his case, NUFC fans, your own take on things. Barton is no lillywhite figure to me which in a daft way, is why I'd give him more credence. He's looked the part last year, so the logical thing to do is move him on. Unless of course it's really a cunning plot by Joey to get out of the club and look the innocent victim. Whilst I'm sure Mckay could do a cracking job bending facts and garnering sympathy for a player who wants out I don't think Barton seems quite so cute. Warm the helicoptor up, Mike.

;)Only CT would think fostering a strong team spirit is a bad thing. I can't think of any examples of that being reported but then again, he's never seen Cabaye but he's reporting him as class.

I didnt say that though.

The observations I read were discussing how Bartons influence while channelled positively is good, however a negative Barton could have an eroding influence.

Anyone who thinks Bartons comments at talk ins, in the press and now via twitter are positive for NUFC or assisting his chances of staying at the club, are mad.

I love Barton as has been evident over time on here but I certainly dont want a sulky, argumentative Barton hanging around.

Needs addressing quickly.

So you'd rather he swept it under the carpet, took his wages and moved along quietly? Not Barton's way, really. I'm glad Barton has had his say on the matter, no smokescreens, no bullshit just the situation as the player sees it, if people at the club have their own views they are free to air them. I'm sure the local/non local journalists will provide them with a platform. One thing about Barton is that he doesn't seem the type to sit on the fence, it's fairly obvious that there's bad blood between him and the hierarchy and an extra year with a pay cut seems a fair enough compromise to me. (He gets his extra year option, they get the pay cut), but maybe he's not wanted by the big Cheese. There's no conspiracy, the people in charge are, in my opinion, huffy bastards who have deliberately closed a section who occasionally gave them the bird and have strung along some of the younger displaced supporters with vague talk of relocating them together before denying them this opportunity once the final game is out the way and verbal protests are avoided. Barton has had run ins with them so he's out as well.

;)

Bump....This morning then, not yesterday ^^^^^^^^

Edited by Christmas Tree

I don't know what 'bump' is, but anyway, I read on a link to his twitter his comments where his comments about Mike and Derek seem critical, (although he does seem to stop himself from going further). Not really sure what you're going on about, CT, honestly.

You've went from 'team positive'* to Ashley's Josef Goebbels. If I was being a bit more cynical I'd say you've been pissed off with some on here to a degree where you're deliberately winding people up.

*Nothing wrong with positivity, CT, but it can be over-egged.

Mckay is a bone fide cunt? Probably.

If you were being lined up to be the next greedy bastard I'm sure you'd like it to be known to all your workmates or in his case, NUFC fans, your own take on things. Barton is no lillywhite figure to me which in a daft way, is why I'd give him more credence. He's looked the part last year, so the logical thing to do is move him on. Unless of course it's really a cunning plot by Joey to get out of the club and look the innocent victim. Whilst I'm sure Mckay could do a cracking job bending facts and garnering sympathy for a player who wants out I don't think Barton seems quite so cute. Warm the helicoptor up, Mike.

I don't think Barton wanted out originally, well not until McKay met the club and the offer'd been withdrawn (have we got anyone's word for that other than McKay's ?? I don't recall) but I think after the original impassioned "I'll play it out, I want to stay" utterances, which he should have kept up tbh, the manouvering started. I'd bet McKay got calls and they've upped the ante.

If he has just fired off, he's been badly advised and as his agent is "you know who", I find that very hard to believe. He was on Twitter for 3 days before he said anything remotely "controversial", enough time to get a goodly number of followers up.

Plenty time to tell his side of the story later. If he REALLY wanted to stay/get the offer back on the table he should have played it straight.

Just my opinion (cynicism) though.

I don't know what 'bump' is, but anyway, I read on a link to his twitter his comments where his comments about Mike and Derek seem critical, (although he does seem to stop himself from going further). Not really sure what you're going on about, CT, honestly.

You've went from 'team positive'* to Ashley's Josef Goebbels. If I was being a bit more cynical I'd say you've been pissed off with some on here to a degree where you're deliberately winding people up.

*Nothing wrong with positivity, CT, but it can be over-egged.

Nice avoidance of a very simple point. You replied to me this morning so I simply replied to you. I'll make it as simple as I can.

He only started slagging off Ashley AFTER he couldnt get his own way in January.

You keep going on about him revealing all this stuff about what goes on at Newcastle, but cant actually detail what great mysteries he has brought into the public domain.

Only last week, Joeys agent said ""I must say that, to be fair to Newcastle and the current Board, they stuck by Joey. They stuck by him, there's no doubt about that, Derek Llambias especially."

Its all about money, money, money.

;)

What the fuck am I avoiding, for fuck's sake!?

Now I'm pretty sure he'd have slagged ashley off previously to this as there's evidently been bad blood there, and if he didn't, so what? He's seen what has went on in his time at NUFC and if it's taken this to finally speak up, (even though Pardew is quoted suggesting Barton and the Board haven't seen eye to eye in the past), then Barton is entitled to his view. If we got on like a house on fire I'd be surprised if you had a pop at me, if you weren't happy then that would be the time to have your say. Why should Barton be any different? NUFC did stick by him, what else were they going to do? Sack him? Lose a player to a rival for zip? ;) They couldn't sell him as nobody would pay his wages as well as a transfer fee but they might now and now is when he'll be sold. To make money. I agree with you, it is all about the money.

;)

Now I'm pretty sure he'd have slagged ashley off previously to this as there's evidently been bad blood there, and if he didn't, so what? He's seen what has went on in his time at NUFC and if it's taken this to finally speak up[/color], (even though Pardew is quoted suggesting Barton and the Board haven't seen eye to eye in the past), then Barton is entitled to his view. If we got on like a house on fire I'd be surprised if you had a pop at me, if you weren't happy then that would be the time to have your say. Why should Barton be any different? NUFC did stick by him, what else were they going to do? Sack him? Lose a player to a rival for zip? ;) They couldn't sell him as nobody would pay his wages as well as a transfer fee but they might now and now is when he'll be sold. To make money. I agree with you, it is all about the money.

*** Wheres the evidence?

*** Not getting his own way

*** Could have done and probably many on here demanding it at the time

Anyway, I'll leave it at that cos your a canny poster but I think your being blinded my JB's sulk.

Edited by Christmas Tree

;)

Now I'm pretty sure he'd have slagged ashley off previously to this as there's evidently been bad blood there, and if he didn't, so what? He's seen what has went on in his time at NUFC and if it's taken this to finally speak up[/color], (even though Pardew is quoted suggesting Barton and the Board haven't seen eye to eye in the past), then Barton is entitled to his view. If we got on like a house on fire I'd be surprised if you had a pop at me, if you weren't happy then that would be the time to have your say. Why should Barton be any different? NUFC did stick by him, what else were they going to do? Sack him? Lose a player to a rival for zip? ;) They couldn't sell him as nobody would pay his wages as well as a transfer fee but they might now and now is when he'll be sold. To make money. I agree with you, it is all about the money.

*** Wheres the evidence? Pardew alludes to it.

*** Not getting his own way Who's happy when they don't get their own way and they feel they're in the right?

*** Could have done and probably many on here demanding it at the time They'd loved to have done it and saved his wages. He was/is a top earner. If they could've they would've.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that cos your a canny poster but I think your being blinded my JB's sulk.

I'll leave it at that as well. I just wonder how many more 'greedy' and 'sulky' players the regime are going to upset?

The problem is CT that no matter how Barton is behaving or whatever his motives are, a deal could be made with him on better terms for the club. The no nonsense approach is all fine and good but if it means dismantling the side, it's a huge risk. If the philosophy is steady as she goes on purchases and team development, then that means retaining your best players. Not getting rid of your top 3 or 4 players in one go. Can't have it both ways.

The problem is CT that no matter how Barton is behaving or whatever his motives are, a deal could be made with him on better terms for the club. The no nonsense approach is all fine and good but if it means dismantling the side, it's a huge risk. If the philosophy is steady as she goes on purchases and team development, then that means retaining your best players. Not getting rid of your top 3 or 4 players in one go. Can't have it both ways.

I dont disagree but lets face a few truths.

Since he turned down the clubs offer in January he has mouthed off in the press, at talk ins and who knows what goes on within the walls of the club. Im sure he's not a shrinking violet. Some give him Kudos for these outbursts, however as a big fan of his, its depressing that he has chosen that path since January.

If you or I were Mike Ashley and an employee was doing what he is doing, there is no way we would do anything other than fuck them off.

Who knows if a compromise could have been reached. Maybe it could, but it seems pretty clear in hindsight that his outbursts have hastened his departure.

What really pisses me off as is evident in this thread, is that he hasnt even come out with shocking anti Ashley stories. He has just sniped about nowt.

Does he have to come out with any anti-Ashley stories? Ashley and Llambias do a good enough job of that themselves.

Joey Barton has always said what he thinks, this is not a new trend. Nothing he has said has been that controversial and I'd be willing to bet that everything he says has more of a grounding in reality than what comes out of the club.

If Mike Ashley wants to stop people pointing out stupid things that he has done then he should stop doing stupid things, not try to silence people speaking out.

Getting rid of Barton because he's said something that got someone offside is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.