no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not started any relegation threads. All I've done is throw your own posts back at you. You're the daft bastard disagreeing with the 3 months younger CT.

Im not sure what your actual point is tbh. The post you highlighted was me replying to Alex saying I wasnt going to get into a flap over what might or might not happen in the transfer window, back in may.

I am pleased with most of the signings we have made, disappointed we havent got a striker and would be as happy as anyone else if Ashley had spent the whole 35 million and a little bit more.

I've not started any relegation threads. All I've done is throw your own posts back at you. You're the daft bastard disagreeing with the 3 months younger CT.

Im not sure what your actual point is tbh. The post you highlighted was me replying to Alex saying I wasnt going to get into a flap over what might or might not happen in the transfer window, back in may.

I am pleased with most of the signings we have made, disappointed we havent got a striker and would be as happy as anyone else if Ashley had spent the whole 35 million and a little bit more.

You expected an improved squad.

to be fair CT is not coming from the same place as a lot of us are. He isn't as emotionally invested, so the downs aren't eh soul-crushers we feel, and the ups are saccharin sweet.

He can look at this window and say it's good because we've brought some bodies in. He can point to the seemingly impressive Marveaux and Cabaye and declare, for the want of a striker this is a good window. He seems to operate in 6 months flashes. Put it this way CT;

Sell Nolan, release Sol and Kuqi, make players like Lovenkrands, and Ranger available for transfer and I believe we could have recouped £7-8m

Now, without plunging too far into Ashley's sky rocket we still could have signed Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, etc.

We would still have

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Jose

Barton Tiote Cabaye Jonas/Marveaux

BArfa/Ba Carroll/Shola

That side would be pushing for Europe. Call me a liar, I dares ya.

So there's a transfer window to be pleased with, fattening out a thin squad, replacing 1 good servant to the club with someone younger and cheaper, and replacing deadwood with promise. That window would not have broken the bank, it certainly wouldn't have required the £35.5m we got for Carroll, it wouldn't have been seen by anyone with an ounce of intelligence as in-frugal. All sound investments, all within a modest budget.

Tell me why we should be pleased with what we've got, when what we could have had for little to no outgoing was immeasurably better. Except you can't, because

a) you don't understand football,

2) you're too busy trying to be contrary to have a considered opinion and

iii)you're stupid.

Honestly, I don't know why I bother.