Out of interest....

Howmanheyman

What do you do for a living?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marketing and Communications Officer in the Charity and Voluntary Sector.

Editor/Designer of a Not for Profit Music Magazine written entirely by young Volunteers. (Also design a third sector magazine in Scotland)

Outside of working hours I am also the Chairman (and basically everything else including fundraising/marketing etc) for a Male Cancer Awareness Charity that I set up.

Marketing and Communications Officer in the Charity and Voluntary Sector.

Editor/Designer of a Not for Profit Music Magazine written entirely by young Volunteers. (Also design a third sector magazine in Scotland)

Outside of working hours I am also the Chairman (and basically everything else including fundraising/marketing etc) for a Male Cancer Awareness Charity that I set up.

...........when you have your specs on or Lenses in of course :lol::D

Still in the factory. We've got a small personnel footprint so I get to do the work of like four people part-time.

It's lame, mainly because I'm on call 24/7 for IT or production equipment issues and my co-workers don't hesitate to call me. I've written a 10,000+ word document on mitigating the (relatively) common IT and production issues we encounter, so they call me a little less now. Don't like most of the people I work with, and really don't like working in an automotive manufacturing facility, but until I finish school (again), it's the best paying job I can get around here, so I stay. Will be 5 years this November.

What would you consider an interesting job? If is Monkeys Fist who abseils (sp?) down things for a living? That's pretty interesting imo.

Ineresting / envious then.

MF's is definitely unusual however as I don't like heights I would rather flip burgers with Kevin than work with Fist.

Have we no fighter pilots, lap dance club owners or even a magician.

I think you might exceed the Safe Working Load of my ropes anyway CT, you porky Bunter. :lol:

Leazes is a deep cover Korean agent btw. Pretty interesting.

:D

Koran ? Korean ?

I think you might exceed the Safe Working Load of my ropes anyway CT, you porky Bunter. :lol:

Koran ? Korean ?

당신은 내게 동무 말해

Innit?

I think you might exceed the Safe Working Load of my ropes anyway CT, you porky Bunter. :D

Koran ? Korean ?

당신은 내게 동무 말해

Innit?

speak English man :lol:

I make sure people don't die under anaesthetic.

but it does happen ?

Well yes, occasionally, but not becasue of the anaesthetic itself. They tend to be patients who have fatal injuries/conditions that we're trying to treat and are far more likely to die from organ failure/bleeding/multi-trauma than the anaesthetic.

but it does happen ?

Well yes, occasionally, but not becasue of the anaesthetic itself. They tend to be patients who have fatal injuries/conditions that we're trying to treat and are far more likely to die from organ failure/bleeding/multi-trauma than the anaesthetic.

I'm only curious, do you high and low levels of anaesthetic "dosage" that you monitor, that people have to stay between, according to their age, weight - and other factors ?

...whilst the anaesthetist is pissing around on his iphone. :gay:

To answer your question Leazes, the doses of the drugs we give both to put a patient to sleep and to keep them anaesthetised are tailored due to the patient's age, weight, and physical status and according to the properties of the drugs themselves. The amounts we give to maintain anaesthesia are monitored by a variety of methods and adjusted as necessary. In addition, other drugs are given to keep the patient paralysed/maintain their blood pressure/for pain relief/to stop them being sick and for a variety of other reasons.

Or, 100 of fent, 200 of propofol, a mac of sevo and a laryngeal mask...

Edited by luckyluke

...whilst the anaesthetist is pissing around on his iphone. :gay:

To answer your question Leazes, the doses of the drugs we give both to put a patient to sleep and to keep them anaesthetised are tailored due to the patient's age, weight, and physical status and according to the properties of the drugs themselves. The amounts we give to maintain anaesthesia are monitored by a variety of methods and adjusted as necessary. In addition, other drugs are given to keep the patient paralysed/maintain their blood pressure/for pain relief/to stop them being sick and for a variety of other reasons.

Or, 100 of fent, 200 of propofol, a mac of sevo and a laryngeal mask...

OK. Thanks. I realise thats a basic crash course :icon_lol: but interesting, I wouldn't mind knowing more though. Why is it difficult for people who are overweight [i'm not overweight by the way], is it more to do with blood pressure and heartbeat ? Because sometimes they turn away people who are overweight ?