is kevin nolan next out the door....

jamie_gordon

According to reports Bolton Wanderers have been alerted to Kevin Nolan’s contract impasse at Newcastle United.

It is understood that the midfielder is currently considering his options which may mean him moving on from St James’ Park.

The Daily Mail claims Magpies boss Alan Pardew is facing a battle to keep hold of his captain as it emerges he is a long way from concluding a new deal.

This follows Joey Barton's agent saying he will see out the final year of his contract.

Nolan has been linked with a return to Wanderers

ashley that is, i'm fucking sick of this shite and the arsehole ashley apologists that keep defending him. aren't you glad you were patient and waited until the summer for all the good news on the transfer front?

jokes

ashley that is, i'm fucking sick of this shite and the arsehole ashley apologists that keep defending him. aren't you glad you were patient and waited until the summer for all the good news on the transfer front?

jokes

couldn't agree more.

:lol:

I'm sick to death of this shit. If Nolan and Barton leave it'll be an absolute fucking disaster, regardless of who we bring in, and we'll almost certainly be right near the bottom of the table next year.

The sad thing is we are close to having a very good team. To progress all we would need to do was keep our current lot and buy a couple of top class centre forwards and a good winger.

That would guarantee us edging towards the top 6.

This fucking board are a joke.

Barton and Nolan are the two main guys that have given us a good team spirit, so if they go we don't just lose two of our best players on the pitch we also lose two of the strongest leaders in our dressing room. Looking like next season is going to be a massive backwards step thus far.

According to reports Bolton Wanderers have been alerted to Kevin Nolan’s contract impasse at Newcastle United.

It is understood that the midfielder is currently considering his options which may mean him moving on from St James’ Park.

The Daily Mail claims Magpies boss Alan Pardew is facing a battle to keep hold of his captain as it emerges he is a long way from concluding a new deal.

This follows Joey Barton's agent saying he will see out the final year of his contract.

Nolan has been linked with a return to Wanderers

Not everything the papers print is true you know

I think selling him would be a big mistake and why would he go back to Bolton??

I like Nolan as a player and his professionalism is second to none, and what he does for our team spirit is evident

But i hate to say it i don't rate him, at all. If he doesn't score he does nothing else, he cant pick a pass, he has no vision, he cant shoot (minus 6 yard box), he cant run. I know alot of people like him but in modern football you cant carry someone like him , and goals are great i cant deny that, but from a midfielder's perspective goals are a bonus to the basics of center midfield play. The basics that he lacks. If he does go i would be sad, he seems like a great lad but sadly i just dont think he is good enough for where we want to go.

Kevin Nolan has ruled out leaving Newcastle and says he intends to be captain of the club for many years to come.

Nolan still has two years to run on his current deal at St James' Park but there have been suggestions he could move on unless an extension can be agreed in the near future.

The midfielder has been linked with a return to his former club Bolton but Nolan has dismissed such rumours saying he has never been happier and is settled in the north-east.

"My wife has been here for 18 months now and my kids - my little boy is a Geordie, he was born up here, so we have settled into life up here really well and hopefully I have a good few more years left here," he revealed.

"It's unbelievable. When I think back now, I never thought two years ago that I would be where I am now, and that's the most satisfying thing.

"I have been able to get where I want just through hard work and dedication, and hopefully in the next couple of years, you are going to see the best of me again, and more of it.

"But to be captain of this club, it really feels a great honour. It's fantastic and I am absolutely delighted."

Kevin Nolan has ruled out leaving Newcastle and says he intends to be captain of the club for many years to come.

Nolan still has two years to run on his current deal at St James' Park but there have been suggestions he could move on unless an extension can be agreed in the near future.

The midfielder has been linked with a return to his former club Bolton but Nolan has dismissed such rumours saying he has never been happier and is settled in the north-east.

"My wife has been here for 18 months now and my kids - my little boy is a Geordie, he was born up here, so we have settled into life up here really well and hopefully I have a good few more years left here," he revealed.

"It's unbelievable. When I think back now, I never thought two years ago that I would be where I am now, and that's the most satisfying thing.

"I have been able to get where I want just through hard work and dedication, and hopefully in the next couple of years, you are going to see the best of me again, and more of it.

"But to be captain of this club, it really feels a great honour. It's fantastic and I am absolutely delighted."

Good to hear, is that him stating he expects to be starting often next year?

Tbh he is important but if this Cabaye is as good as made out i cant see Nolan starting many games.

He can still remain club captain off the field surely?

Different player, I reckon Pards will play 1 up top with Arfa,Nolan and Jonas off him with Tiote and the new fella in cm

You think Bartons away like? I dont.

And Nolan behind a striker? Possibly but hasnt AP already said Barfa will be playing in the role next season?

It's like we're doing a full circle. Back to the days when we bring in players who could careless about the club. I am all for us improving the squad that goes without saying but we NEED to keep the likes of Nolan and Barton who instil some team spirit. Very short sighted on the clubs part if they don't see that.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if this was all a shite ploy by the board. Make it look like were losing enrique, Nolan and Barton early on. Act throughout summer as if they are attempting to make signings, make small insignificant shitty ones, sell Enrique and tie Barton and Nolan up to new contracts close to the end of the window. Like two new signings....

I've had a bad day at the office

As I have said in a previous thread, I dont think Nolan will be a first team starter by about November. Pardew has already stated he sees Ben Arfa playing in the hole behind the striker which is Nolans best and most effective position. With Cabaye being more a central midfielder and Barton who I expect to stay playing on the right, I just cant see where Nolan is going to fit in.

Shame though, Nolan hasnt put a foot wrong this season and admittedly I was one of his biggest critics early on however his ability to score goals is his biggest asset along with his leadership skills.

As I have said in a previous thread, I dont think Nolan will be a first team starter by about November. Pardew has already stated he sees Ben Arfa playing in the hole behind the striker which is Nolans best and most effective position. With Cabaye being more a central midfielder and Barton who I expect to stay playing on the right, I just cant see where Nolan is going to fit in.

Shame though, Nolan hasnt put a foot wrong this season and admittedly I was one of his biggest critics early on however his ability to score goals is his biggest asset along with his leadership skills.

100% agreed.

Still keep him a club captain though and a more than decent option off the bench and in rotation.