It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like CT makes loads of predictions, hoping some will come to pass so it can look like he knows what he's on about.

Makes you wonder why he followed cwarr07 on twitter for so long...

It's almost like CT makes loads of predictions, hoping some will come to pass so it can look like he knows what he's on about.

Makes you wonder why he followed cwarr07 on twitter for so long...

About as reliable as following Lee Ryder :D

Cabaye Interview

Author of a remarkable debut as well for France with his new club Newcastle, Yohan Cabaye no lack of confidence this season. And even if the former Lille does not claim anything, it does more than stamping in the starting blocks.

Yohan, how is your fitness for Newcastle?

All right, really. I am delighted with my debut, and more generally of my choice. The coach made ​​sure that it works perfectly for me. I am very pleased. As the days pass, the more I am confirmed in my choice.

What attracts you there?

This is the English league, just (smile). There is a special atmosphere, both on and off the field. I also like their mentality, how they see football, how they live. Every day in training, I want to do to prove to them that I level, I am ready to do great things to thank them for their confidence in me.

How to play in the Premier League right for you?

Yes, totally. This was one of my criteria when I decided to go there. I asked the coach how this would happen if he were playing in a typically British or not. He told me that with me it would change and he wanted the ball often goes by me and the ground. That's what he tries to explain to my partner and this is taking place slowly. I look forward also qu'Hatem (Editor's note: Ben Arfa) return from injury to evolve with it.

It's been almost two months you're there. Already feel a change in your game?

Yes. To be good, I had to change. At the level of intensity is enormous. You have to be focused from start to finish. Just last week I played in the Carling Cup against a D3 and had to go through the extension to qualify. And during the game, the intensity was there from beginning to end, there was no time-out. And three days later he had put this in the league. They do not care if we played in the week. For them, always be on top all the time. It makes me grow.

In terms of physical impact, is it really harder in League 1?

Yes. The derby at Sunderland was a real war for example.

How do you feel this difference in status that you have a club where you are a leader in the field, and select where you have everything to prove?

I saw him very naturally. I take everything one wants to give me. I have nothing to claim. I try to be up when I'm on the ground to show that next game, I can maybe have a little more. And so on. I try to make a more important place gradually.

Between your first start in Blue in Ukraine and your entry against Chile, feel a rising power on a personal level?

Yes. At first I was probably a little shy. But I tell myself that if I'm here is that the coach has confidence in me and I have no right not to give him. The coach regularly calls me and it honors me. I am ready to fight to recover any minute of playing time and even though right now, so good for me, I know I should not rest on my laurels.

The physical dimension that you have found in England can it help you in the France team?

Yes. It is true that in the three post-season games for France, I found the same style of physical density, intensity of the effort to repeat that since I started in Newcastle. It's good to learn in English and arrive in a rhythm selection.

What kind of game you expect in Albania?

Personally, I do not know this team. I know their results, I know they have strengths, that the atmosphere will not be easy to manage. This will be a tough match, which will require that we printed our style of play from the start to show them that we came to win and nothing else. And if they want to impose the physical challenge, it will respond and do not escape.

And so, you are ready for it ...

Yes, more than ever (smile). I'm ready to go into battle.

Finally, are there any English players who you enjoyed watching?

I used to love Rob Lee and have tried to mirror his game to the best of my ability.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/equipe-de-france-de...r-au-combat.php

Didn't realise Cabaye has Vietnamese blood like, he doesn't look like a chinky to be fair to him. Apparently he could've played for Vietnam.

Aye and hence i reckon the problem with the visa to the US.

Our lass's dad grew up there too.

Didn't realise Cabaye has Vietnamese blood like, he doesn't look like a chinky to be fair to him. Apparently he could've played for Vietnam.

thought that was an unpaid dentists bill??

there's be a lot of fuss made about this lad, i think largely because he's potentially the most exciting player we signed this summer, but you'll have to excuse me if i don't start beating one off over him just yet. early days obviously but i don't think he's looked that amazing so far. still, he shold improve with ben arfa in front of him. a new striker for him to thread balls through would have been nice too. i wonder what he makes of having to provide service for best, ba, shol and lovenkrands.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I remember reading that and assuming it was utter nonsense :D. I thought that because of his nationality he couldnt use the visa waiver programme like full french people can. Never heard of an unpaid bill as a reason for not entering the US. Moral turpitude yes (whatever that is) but not unpaid billls!

I remember reading that and assuming it was utter nonsense :D. I thought that because of his nationality he couldnt use the visa waiver programme like full french people can. Never heard of an unpaid bill as a reason for not entering the US. Moral turpitude yes (whatever that is) but not unpaid billls!

Would the Visa Waiver programme apply though? Joey Barton couldn't enter even though he'd been on holiday there a month previously because he needed a working visa for the trip.

Would the Visa Waiver programme apply though? Joey Barton couldn't enter even though he'd been on holiday there a month previously because he needed a working visa for the trip.

I've never had a working visa when i've gone on business, you dont need one for less than 90 days in the country afaik. I can only assume going with the club meant Barton had to declare it but going on holiday by himself he didnt (?). There are no differences for visas from the uk to US for holidays or business trips for less than 90 days. Interesting about Barton though. Nae idea about Cabaye, the dentist bill must have meant a criminal record or something then.

I've never had a working visa when i've gone on business, you dont need one for less than 90 days in the country afaik. I can only assume going with the club meant Barton had to declare it but going on holiday by himself he didnt (?). There are no differences for visas from the uk to US for holidays or business trips for less than 90 days. Interesting about Barton though. Nae idea about Cabaye, the dentist bill must have meant a criminal record or something then.

Well, I don't know if there's different regulations or whatever if it's a sporting thing, but that's what was reported re: Barton not being allowed in when he had been for a holiday only just prior to that. I think I read that on .com. I would also imagine that for this sort of thing they look really carefully into anything that might give them an excuse not to allow entry. Probably because anything that slips through the net is likely to be highlighted by the 'mischievous' British press and made out to be some sort of security breach (amongst other things). Non payment of a dental bill seems incredibly trivial either way though.

I'm just guessing like, I haven't travelled to the US since I was a teenager and have no intention of doing so any time soon :lol:

I'm guessing that Barton just didn't declare his conviction when applying for his visa waiver for his personal trip. Obviously the club needed to be a bit more thorough when dealing with it.

That was my assumption too. All he had to do was tick 'no' and he was in.

Not sure what you're suggesting though - the club invented the story about Cabaye's unpaid dentist bill so as to cover up his Vietnamese heritage? Parky-tastic tbh :D