It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

Not sure what you're suggesting though - the club invented the story about Cabaye's unpaid dentist bill so as to cover up his Vietnamese heritage? Parky-tastic tbh :lol:

I didnt realise the club had said it, i just saw it on some blog as a rumour. Invented the story to cover up the fact they didnt know the nationality of a player they just signed? Fuck knows :D

I was just saying why i thought there might be a connection to his nationality. We could ask Ollie Burton's Grandad as the resident visa expert but he was talking some shite about Tiote so possibly no point in that either,

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you're suggesting though - the club invented the story about Cabaye's unpaid dentist bill so as to cover up his Vietnamese heritage? Parky-tastic tbh :lol:

I didnt realise the club had said it, i just saw it on some blog as a rumour. Invented the story to cover up the fact they didnt know the nationality of a player they just signed? Fuck knows :D

I was just saying why i thought there might be a connection to his nationality. We could ask Ollie Burton's Grandad as the resident visa expert but he was talking some shite about Tiote so possibly no point in that either,

What you / ewerk said about Barton makes sense. I knew a few people who've been away and just decided not to declare minor convictions and got away with it. When you think about all the charvas going to Florida / Vegas every year that's not really surprising.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7151979,00.html

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has admitted it was difficult to adjust to English football but he is already growing to love the intensity of the Premier League and the atmosphere at games.

Cabaye moved to St James' Park over the summer after making his name in France, where he helped Lille to the Ligue 1 title last season and gained international recognition.

He concedes that playing for the Magpies is a completely different challenge, as the style of play requires a different set of skills and every match is tough.

However, the 25-year-old maintains that he is enjoying life at Newcastle and believes he can take his game to a higher level.

"It was difficult to adjust to English football at first. I have had to adapt but the only way you can get more experience of it is by playing. That is how I will get better," Cabaye told The Journal.

"The Premier League is more physical and faster than French football. In France it's more tactical - a lot of short passes. Here it's different.

"Here there are no easy games. In France you have a few games where it's easier - here, never!

"The Premier League is famous for that. I made my debut against Arsenal and it was a very difficult game, even though I did the double in France.

"Then there was the derby, which was the best atmosphere I had ever played in. I really enjoyed it.

"It was totally different to playing in France. Even playing for the national team, the atmosphere is very different.

"Now I understand better what it means to be a Newcastle United player. After the game I wanted to thank the fans, because they were fantastic in the derby. We really wanted to win that game for them and for us.

"It was most important to win against Sunderland."

But Cabaye is also relishing the prospect of going up against a player he developed a lot of respect for during their short time together.

The Frenchman said: "I am looking forward to it. I'm sad to see Joey go. I will be happy to see Joey again next week - and to win against him!"

"We've taken seven points from three games in the Premier League. We're pleased to have kept the momentum going by beating Fulham. It's perfect for the team."

J'adore. :D

Seems like Cabaye is enjoying being part of the team at the moment, and I reckon once he adjusts to the premiership then he'll shine. Imagine if we had a chairman and manager that reflected the passion of the fans and showed a little ambition; we wouldn't have to see him do the business for someone else.

Cabaye > Nasri

Nasri isnt rated by most of the french fans I know strangely. Not many agreed with me positioning him as one of the best premiership players.

did they happen to mention why?

I rate him as one of the best in the world, you only need to look how quickly he settled into man city and how well he linked up with all their other forwards having been a city player for just 4 days to see that he has a fantastic natural talent.

I know domenech left him out of the world cup squad but I assumed that was just because he was clearly a mental rather than him actually not being rated

Cabaye > Nasri

Nasri isnt rated by most of the french fans I know strangely. Not many agreed with me positioning him as one of the best premiership players.

did they happen to mention why?

I rate him as one of the best in the world, you only need to look how quickly he settled into man city and how well he linked up with all their other forwards having been a city player for just 4 days to see that he has a fantastic natural talent.

I know domenech left him out of the world cup squad but I assumed that was just because he was clearly a mental rather than him actually not being rated

They were probably going off his performances for the national side.

Was part of French Indochina iirc.

I didn't realise Indochina was a real place once upon time used to describe most of South East Asia. You live and learn. I thought it was just a bit of crack from Marsellus Wallace.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you are going to love this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/se...ted-alan-pardew

Yohan Cabaye fuels French revolution at Newcastle United

Newcastle United are developing stability. That should probably be trumpeted across the headline of this piece; it certainly explains why the team have defied hysterical pre-season forecasts of doom and are in the upper part of the table, unbeaten from their first five matches. Wasn't Mike Ashley supposed to be presiding over the ruin of this club?

The sales of high-earning players such as Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, José Enrique and Joey Barton were said by some, not least Barton, to be catastrophic for Newcastle. But this accomplished performance was the most persuasive evidence yet that the players hired to replace the departed – for modest fees and on sustainable salaries – are in fact talented enough to achieve the club's ambitions and not merely on the balance sheet.

Cutting cost without slashing quality requires canny recruitment. Newcastle challenged for the Bargain of the Season award last term with the purchase of the Ivorian midfielder Cheik Tioté for £3.5m from FC Twente – and his new central midfield partner looks set to compete for that prize this term. Yohan Cabaye was the best player on the pitch against Villa; he and Tioté established a platform that enabled the visitors to dominate for long periods. The £4.8m summer signing from the French champions, Lille, has an eye for a cutting pass and a knack for finding space to shoot from the edge of the area.

He struck one shot inches wide in the opening minutes against Villa, for whom Gabriel Agbonlahor opened the scoring in the 13th minute; then he hit another against the crossbar just before Leon Best's equaliser in the second half. He almost secured the victory that his team deserved with a third shot late on, only for Shay Given to produce a superb one‑handed save.

Cabaye scored 18 goals in his last two seasons for Lille. That led to him earning six caps for France and the Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, is justifiably excited about the impact he is starting to make in the Premier League. Once the 5ft 9in schemer fully adapts to the physicality of the Premier League, he should be a formidable force.

"I don't want to build him up to much at this stage because he's still learning his trade," said Pardew. "There have been a couple of games this year where he's struggled – he needs to get a grip of the hurly-burly of the Premier League but if we can get him on the ball he's an outstanding player. There's no mystery why he's in the French national team. He has a gift of a pass – his vision is his real quality. He has that special intelligence. He showed that against Villa, where he and Cheik controlled the midfield, with help from Demba Ba, and that's something we didn't do very well last season."

The French winger Gabriel Obertan also impressed against Villa. With Hatem Ben Arfa scheduled to return to action in the Carling Cup tie against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday after almost a year out injured, and two other summer recruits from the French league also in line to feature in that match – the winger Sylvain Marveau and the midfielder Mehdi Abeid – there is a strong Francophone presence at Newcastle, producing signs that the club's strategy is paying off.

"It hasn't been a planned process to sign French players, it's about making sure that we've got players who fit our salary system and can take us forward," said Pardew. "That's not easy but we've worked very, very hard to get these players and they're gelling nicely."

Some of you are going to love this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/se...ted-alan-pardew

Yohan Cabaye fuels French revolution at Newcastle United

Newcastle United are developing stability. That should probably be trumpeted across the headline of this piece; it certainly explains why the team have defied hysterical pre-season forecasts of doom and are in the upper part of the table, unbeaten from their first five matches. Wasn't Mike Ashley supposed to be presiding over the ruin of this club?

The sales of high-earning players such as Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, José Enrique and Joey Barton were said by some, not least Barton, to be catastrophic for Newcastle. But this accomplished performance was the most persuasive evidence yet that the players hired to replace the departed – for modest fees and on sustainable salaries – are in fact talented enough to achieve the club's ambitions and not merely on the balance sheet.

Cutting cost without slashing quality requires canny recruitment. Newcastle challenged for the Bargain of the Season award last term with the purchase of the Ivorian midfielder Cheik Tioté for £3.5m from FC Twente – and his new central midfield partner looks set to compete for that prize this term. Yohan Cabaye was the best player on the pitch against Villa; he and Tioté established a platform that enabled the visitors to dominate for long periods. The £4.8m summer signing from the French champions, Lille, has an eye for a cutting pass and a knack for finding space to shoot from the edge of the area.

He struck one shot inches wide in the opening minutes against Villa, for whom Gabriel Agbonlahor opened the scoring in the 13th minute; then he hit another against the crossbar just before Leon Best's equaliser in the second half. He almost secured the victory that his team deserved with a third shot late on, only for Shay Given to produce a superb one‑handed save.

Cabaye scored 18 goals in his last two seasons for Lille. That led to him earning six caps for France and the Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, is justifiably excited about the impact he is starting to make in the Premier League. Once the 5ft 9in schemer fully adapts to the physicality of the Premier League, he should be a formidable force.

"I don't want to build him up to much at this stage because he's still learning his trade," said Pardew. "There have been a couple of games this year where he's struggled – he needs to get a grip of the hurly-burly of the Premier League but if we can get him on the ball he's an outstanding player. There's no mystery why he's in the French national team. He has a gift of a pass – his vision is his real quality. He has that special intelligence. He showed that against Villa, where he and Cheik controlled the midfield, with help from Demba Ba, and that's something we didn't do very well last season."

The French winger Gabriel Obertan also impressed against Villa. With Hatem Ben Arfa scheduled to return to action in the Carling Cup tie against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday after almost a year out injured, and two other summer recruits from the French league also in line to feature in that match – the winger Sylvain Marveau and the midfielder Mehdi Abeid – there is a strong Francophone presence at Newcastle, producing signs that the club's strategy is paying off.

"It hasn't been a planned process to sign French players, it's about making sure that we've got players who fit our salary system and can take us forward," said Pardew. "That's not easy but we've worked very, very hard to get these players and they're gelling nicely."

:lol:

It's something we didnt do very well only last week.

Anyway really hope the boys can gel together and find that elusive thing that imho has served us well since our return to the Prem-the actual desire to play for this football club. I'm inclined to think well of those we've bought until there's evidence to suggest otherwise, so it'd be nice if we could show them patience, particularly the likes of Obertan.

cabaye has been a brilliant signing. Unfortunately overshadowed by the fact that we signed no striker, no CB cover, still have simpson lamenting his dead baby down the right, and squidward flip-flopping on the wing.

Ah well, haway Yohanna.

:lol: I s'pose it was too much to ask.

cabaye has been a brilliant signing. Unfortunately overshadowed by the fact that we signed no striker, no CB cover, still have simpson lamenting his dead baby down the right, and squidward flip-flopping on the wing.

Ah well, haway Yohanna.

Top bloke you like. Fucking cockend.

Ah well, haway Yohanna.

: - )

Ah well, haway Yohanna.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with you? :lol:

Ah well, haway Yohanna.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with you? :lol:

Officially ousted himself as a WUM.