Official Toontastic Prediction Tracker

Happy Face

The quote...

Graham Carr:
“I think Alan Pardew’s done a great job because he’s actually organised the side into a winning side. Cheick Tiote has improved. Hatem Ben Arfa, he was a little bit temperamental in France. He’s a talented player who played for the French national side two years ago. He had a problem, he fell asleep on the bench when he was at Lyon. But I think Alan Pardew’s putting an arm around him now and has got him playing to his true capabilities. Yohan Cabaye had a get out clause in his contract which was a major signing for us. He was valued at £10 million, but we found out he had a clause for £4.5 million, so that really gave us the green light to go out and sign him and the club worked hard, actually, to get him. Papiss Cisse scored twenty odd goals two years ago in the Bundesliga. He was liked by Bayern Munich, They wanted £15 million when we first enquired (he actually had a buyout clause in his contract of roughly that amount – wt), and then it was twelve, and
we actually got him for eight in the last window which we thought was value for money.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pardew sacked before christmas after a holocaust of a start to the season

One of my favourites :lol:

i couldn't have got it more wrong, i'm happy to say.

but the prediction didn't feel that silly at the time - we'd just sold key senior players and bought in a bunch most of us had never heard of. it didn't sound like the recipe for success but fair play to all involved - it worked a treat.

i'm hoping this summer we hang on to our players and build the squad rather than selling the senior pros again. if that happens, i'll be making a much more confident prediction this summer. i think he strategy was a bit of a gamble last summer - selling a bunch of senior players is unlikely to work every year. last summer was the equivalent of us selling tiote, ba and colocini this summer.

I predict next seasons position predictions to be largely incorrect due to being too positive, rather than this season where they're all (so far) proving to be too negative.

ahem

but the prediction didn't feel that silly at the time - we'd just sold key senior players and bought in a bunch most of us had never heard of. it didn't sound like the recipe for success but fair play to all involved - it worked a treat.

i'm hoping this summer we hang on to our players and build the squad rather than selling the senior pros again. if that happens, i'll be making a much more confident prediction this summer. i think he strategy was a bit of a gamble last summer - selling a bunch of senior players is unlikely to work every year. last summer was the equivalent of us selling tiote, ba and colocini this summer.

nice one, sticking to what I've been saying for years. :lol:

But we replaced with better players, so by your comment that would be equal to us replacing them with better ;)

I actually can see many fringe players going and maybe one we wouldnt want to lose but maybe 3 genuine first teamers joining.

• 2 weeks later...

So come on, I think its about time we stuck a few in so here we go.

We wont get in the CL but will get in the EL (Ok, not much of a prediction given how close we are to the event but still)

We will sell one of our big players in the summer

We will invest in the squad with new players coming in for the first team

More new players will come in than starting 11 players go out (So I dont include Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger as outgoings)

We will sign a Centre half, full back and midfielder at least.

Krul will not be sold this summer

We will qualify for the Champions League (What would you expect me to say) :lol:

Shane will score before the end of the season.

Season ticket holders will get free entry to the first European tie of next season as a thank you.

We will win the FA Cup next season.

Tiote, Ba and Krul will move on.

Overall, the squad will be stronger again next season

Alex will return.

We will qualify for the Champions League (What would you expect me to say) :lol:

Season ticket holders will get free entry to the first European tie of next season as a thank you.

Alex will return.

We all understand your reasonable Champions League, Ferguson scoring and FA Cup winning beliefs...BUT THE RETURN OF ALEX?!

Alex will return.

We all understand your reasonable Champions League, Ferguson scoring and FA Cup winning beliefs...BUT THE RETURN OF ALEX?!

Lets face it, he's either already re-joined under a different user name or he's lurking sitting on his hands desperate and I mean COLD TURKEY DESPERATE to post something.

:lol:

Season ticket holders will get free entry to the first European tie of next season as a thank you. :huh:

We will win the FA Cup next season. :pray:

Alex will return. :nah:

Europa League

Sign 2-3 1st team players

Sign 2-3 "developmental squad" players

Squad players will be moved on (Raylor, Perch, Forster)

Guthrie will go

Simpson will stay

We won't finish as high next season

CT will fall in love with another young player without that much to go on and call for whichever first team player occupies that position to make way for "Little xxxxx"

Monkey Fist will post something that will make me :spit:

It's just creepy when you do it CT. Anyway, I think Ben Arfa is now at the point of brilliance where he can be referred to simply as Hatem and nothing more, Brazil style. Actually I think I'll just refer to him as "H" from now on. (Partially in tribute to the guy from Steps)

PS my prediction of this being Wenger's last season at Arsenal is looking well fucked now, maybe by some bizarre twist he'll take the England job or something...

Edited by TicTacWoe

Season ticket holders will get free entry to the first European tie of next season as a thank you. :huh:

We will win the FA Cup next season. :pray:

Alex will return. :nah:

Europa League

Sign 2-3 1st team players

Sign 2-3 "developmental squad" players

Squad players will be moved on (Raylor, Perch, Forster)

Guthrie will go

Simpson will stay

We won't finish as high next season

CT will fall in love with another young player without that much to go on and call for jonas to make way for "Little xxxxx"

Monkey Fist will post something that will make me :spit:

OP updated

Pardew will get all Billy Big Bollocks, miss a few gamblers anonymous meetings, drink too much and fuck one of the reserves girlfriends at the christmas do. Still won't be sacked either.

Alex will return.

At fucking last........... I get one! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

@YourService

We'll finish 7th

Deano

We'll finish 7th

Ewerk

We'll finish 8th

Stevie

We'll finish 7th

Tiote's Nutz

We'll finish 7th

Toonotl

We'll finish 7th

JonTheMag

Cabaye will have at least 7 assists (Premier League fantasy game says 8, whoscored.com says 6. I'm going to give it).

Ben Arfa will make less than 15 league appearances (He's on 15 after the late surge)

By the end of the season, at least half of our starting 11 will speak French [Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan - I'll give it, though only 5 are starters]

Lovenkrands and Best will be our starting forwards for at least one league game.

Vuckic, Ferguson, and Sammy Ameobi will score their first Premier League goals for us this season. Ranger will not.