Berbatov

Christmas Tree

If we somehow were able to field a lineup with:

--------------Harper/Krul

Simpson--Taylor--Collo--Enrique

Barton----Tiote---Cabaye---Ben Arfa

---------Berbatov---Gervinho

I would be very confident of making the top 7. All huge ifs though, cause theres no chance of Gervinho or Berba coming ;)

In this dream reality Berbatov with Gameiro I think would be a better fit up front. Gervinho could be in there as well but in a wider role, with Ben Arfa down the other side.

Aye, or something like:

--------Tiote--Cabaye

----------Ben Arfa

Gervinho------------Gameiro

----------Berbatov

But again, not a chance of that happening.

EDIT: Also, just to clarify I have next to no knowledge on how Gameiro, Gervinho, or Cabaye actually play, having never watched them aside from various highlight reels on youtube. All of this is based purely on speculation. That is all.

Edited by JonTheMag

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's off because he didn't get to play in the CL Final - and so why would be come here? There are a load of clubs that can guarantee him CL football next year (and he's only got 3-4 years to make his mark)

Most of these clubs can afford his wages - we can't

Trophy signings have been the bane of NUFC for the last 15 years

We need to build a decent team before we go looking at players like this

Edited by Rob W

You must be bloody joking. He was a boyhood fan because of Alan Shearer, simple as that. Don't think he's that sentimental. Just another attempt to create a story without any quotes/evidence.

didn't you know he has a personal supply of Brown Ale brought to him every week wherever he is?

that he takes his holidays incognito in Whitley Bay??

That he can sing "Cushie Butterfield" in seven different languages?????

nailed on certainty IMHO

THE best player this club could realistically (almost) sign. Would be delighted, and I think it would attract stay away fans back such would his impact be.

really dont like his style of play to lethargic , but when he does decide todo something he's a highlight reel player with a probable 20 goals a season , you cant turn your nose up at that , offer him the number 9 and our wage cap of 45k ;)

Believe he's on 80k, doubt he'd take a cut, as the Premier League top scorer I'm sure he and his agent feel he deserve a raise more than anything

Edited by 1977

NEWCASTLE are in the hunt to sign Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian striker wants out of Manchester United after his shock Champions League final snub.

And Toon boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United's £7.5million valuation.

Pardew is in the market for a big-name striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for £35m in January.

Berbatov, 30, won the golden boot this season along with Manchester City's Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals.

But he did not even make the bench for Saturday's Euro decider against Barcelona.

Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not down the pecking order.

Berbatov, who cost United £30.75m in September 2008, has always liked Newcastle having idolised Toon legend Alan Shearer when he was a boy.

The former Tottenham star did not travel home with United after his Champions League final axing.

He did, however, turn up for the club's victory parade through Manchester yesterday to celebrate their 19th league title.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £4.3m.

Cabaye, 25, confirmed the switch to St James' Park after Toon triggered a release clause in his contract.

He will sign a four-year deal in the north-east after Newcastle beat the likes of Valencia, Aston Villa and Lyon to his services.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz1NsZfIk6i

He cost Man U £30.75m, but they would be willing to sell him for £7.5m? ;)

I dont think the Sun are even trying these days... what a crock of shit!

Course I'd like him here, proven goal scorer is exactly what we need.

However, goes right against the clubs policy on players plus there would be numerous clubs in front of us should he become available. Even if there wasn't we couldnt offer him the wage or the prestige he likely requires. I'm sure he's pissed off at not playing in that game, but not THAT pissed off!

What a bullshit story ;)

he was a boyhood fan of the toon and still is apparently would love to have him here if it is atall possible.

He was a boyhood fan of Shearer, not Newcastle.

Also Man U never sell anything unless its finished.