One good thing about Blatter. Sorry, mistake, I mean EU.

One good thing about Blatter.

So far, he hasn't made us pay to watch the World Cup on TV, in the way that we have had to do with league matches for about 18 years.

The above is a mistake on my part. It is thanks the the EU and not Blatter, that we don't have to pay to watch World Cup or Champions League final.

http://www.ipworld.com/ipwo/doc/view.htm?i...;searchCode=SEC

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

One good thing about Blatter.

So far, he hasn't made us pay to watch the World Cup on TV, in the way that have had to do with league matches for about 18 years.

that's because the Govt have stopped the TV Companies from ransoming us on select events

Blatter would sell the exclusive rights next second if he could (probably twice over 'n aall)

No, he hasn't railed against the UK government, just agains the EU.

It's the EU that has saved us from having to pay for the World Cup etc.

http://www.ipworld.com/ipwo/doc/view.htm?i...;searchCode=SEC

The above article proves it.

he's challenging the eu ruling , which protects out choice to have sporting events of national interest free , so at the end of the day he is trying to make us pay ;)

The good news is that now that there is absolutely nothing good about Blatter he can be taken out the back and appropriately shot.

The pompousness and untouchable status of FIFA currently is a fucking joke and is completely against the spirit of the game, being a game for all people.