This Essien 'horror tackle'...

adios

I missed it, how bad was it? Just seen someone quoted, Wigan chairman I think, as saying he should get a ten match ban.

If anyone has footage of it I'd love to see it. That's not the first time this season he's made a dodgy tackle but I can't remember the circumstances of the other(s).

I missed it, how bad was it?  Just seen someone quoted, Wigan chairman I think, as saying he should get a ten match ban.

If anyone has footage of it I'd love to see it.  That's not the first time this season he's made a dodgy tackle but I can't remember the circumstances of the other(s).

68297[/snapback]

Late, deliberate and full force over the top of the ball. Could have been much worse outcome.

Hamman's a cowardly wanker like. That doesn't justify the tackle, I just wanted to make that point.

68487[/snapback]

Yeah it does :lol:

68489[/snapback]

He is though isn't he? He's dirty when he gets the chance but he doesn't want to know in a 50-50. Canny player like.

Edited by alex

Hamman's a cowardly wanker like. That doesn't justify the tackle, I just wanted to make that point.

68487[/snapback]

Yeah it does :lol:

68489[/snapback]

He is though isn't he? He's dirty when he gets the chance but he doesn't want to know in a 50-50. Canny player like.

68496[/snapback]

Yep, I'd agree with that. I know him as "twat" though, tbh

It was a bad tackle and he deserves the ban and perhaps a fine

BUT

No one can forget Hammans tackle on the Norwich player last season - it was exactlly the same AND no one will forget Gerrard and Keano's 100 over the top tackles

Although that doesnt justify anything, I just wanted to make the point that last season HAmman gave a Norwich player the EXACT SAME treatement.

essien_tackle.jpg

Essien - looking away and leaving high stud marks

040930francis7xn3ws.jpg

Hamman - Looking straight at the player, at his knee and trying to break it!!

PS - I am happy Essien is banned and I feel he should be fined as well. This is the 2nd such tackle by him in his short stay here but his history proves that he is not a violent player.

essien_tackle.jpg

Essien - looking away and leaving high stud marks

040930francis7xn3ws.jpg

Hamman - Looking straight at the player, at his knee and trying to break it!!

PS - I am happy Essien is banned and I feel he should be fined as well. This is the 2nd such tackle by him in his short stay here but his history proves that he is not a violent player.

68719[/snapback]

Err.....his brief history in the Prem would prove that he is :lol: