PaulR9

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Just on my way to Ascot, feel sick. #whatgoinonatthetoonffs

There's Barton off too then.

I hate to think that his commitment comes down to whether his mate is here or not.

My commitment would be questioned if the most important players and figures in the club were leaving with no explanation, or obvious plan and ambition. There is a plan though, make as much money as possible, and that's it, that is the plan.

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

Don't blame any of them. Pardew is talking about 5 buys before the end of the window, in a squad that is already thread bare. We need to see 3 of our strikers leave, Nolan gone, Jose going, we need 8 or 9, what the fuck is going on with these twats, we'll never get a better captain than Nolan.

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

Don't blame any of them. Pardew is talking about 5 buys before the end of the window, in a squad that is already thread bare. We need to see 3 of our strikers leave, Nolan gone, Jose going, we need 8 or 9, what the fuck is going on with these twats, we'll never get a better captain than Nolan.

Fair point but should someone be in the team just to skip? He would actually need to be fairly effective as a player too, which I think as a whole, he is not.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

West Ham are now owned by the people who ran Birmingham "like a business" and have just been relegated. Ironic. They are also run "as a business" and Kevin Nolan finds them more attractive than NUFC who are also now being "run like a business".

Work it out.

Well if they are gonna pay him 50k a week on a 3 year deal with an option of an extra year then good luck to them. People were saying last year his legs were going so what will he be like in 2 or 3 years?

Also, West Ham the same team who paid ALL Wayne Bridges 95k per week wages,lol. So as far as business goes that's bad business.

Let's see what happens next

see where we finish next season right ? Will the current transfer policy ever match the old one, that is the question. 4 years gone and counting.

Sorry, not getting into that with you again

Keep it on topic old fella

its fairly straightforward son. Listen and learn, or remain a deluded bairn. The choice is yours. When will this approach, that you insist is "better", actually prove to be so ?

Fair point but should someone be in the team just to skip? He would actually need to be fairly effective as a player too, which I think as a whole, he is not.

Nobody should be in a team "just" to be captain, but Nolan is a very good one, and hasn't CT said elsewhere a short while ago that Nolan would still score a lot of goals next season, even without Carroll ? What does he think of this I wonder.

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Nolan proves , once again, it's about the money..

these people who insinuate they would not change their own jobs for more money don't half make me laugh.

:lol:

An absolute shambolic, discgraceful decision, people going on as though you can pluck 12 goal midfielders out of anywhere for knock down prices FFS

Pardew has absolutely no spine at all, if this was any other club in the Premiership the manager would walk, not one manager with any self-respect would have players being sold without their say and having the board build a team what they think is gonna do well and not the manger

We shouldnt be selling anyone when we've just received £35 million, and people going on about oh £5 million good business, like shyte is it, we dont need that money when we've received the Carroll money, our squad is paper thin, and needs to be built on not dismantled which is going to happen

Our core players are gonna be wondering what they hell they are doing here, when the captain of the team is being sold

:lol: Not effective?

12 GOALS IN THE PL LAD.

Aside from that huge contribution, he held us together at times, made good defensive contributions and clever use of the ball when it was needed to retain possession. As Stevie said, there is no way we will get a better captain. I'd add that there is no way we'll get a better or more effective replacement, it'll be fucking Craig Gardner or maybe now Smith can start earning his corn.

The pure joy that is the ignore button. :lol:

Good old Leazes melting his keyboard with no doubt negative post after negative post.

Shame he wasnt so active in the Cabaye thread.

Sad old man.

so positive minded, you accept a relegation struggle from the cheap seats in the pub.

An absolute shambolic, discgraceful decision, people going on as though you can pluck 12 goal midfielders out of anywhere for knock down prices FFS

Pardew has absolutely no spine at all, if this was any other club in the Premiership the manager would walk, not one manager with any self-respect would have players being sold without their say and having the board build a team what they think is gonna do well and not the manger

We shouldnt be selling anyone when we've just received £35 million, and people going on about oh £5 million good business, like shyte is it, we dont need that money when we've received the Carroll money, our squad is paper thin, and needs to be built on not dismantled which is going to happen

Our core players are gonna be wondering what they hell they are doing here, when the captain of the team is being sold

Spot on. All of it.

I can understand not giving him a long term contract but I see no sense in getting rid of him now, especially for 3 or 4 million. Its not like the big money we got for Carroll that you couldnt knock back. His value would not be that much less this time next season. Madness.

The hashtag is it all in a nutshell like. Interested to see if the like's of Tiote's Nutz are still as positive about this summer?

We're a fucking joke.

Its not as simple as the club saying we want to sell him though. He rejected a contract and moved for more money? Doesnt Distin get stick off us for the same? He may be a 12 goal midfielder but dont forget much of that was as a second striker almost. Difficult to find the truth. Some say he has gone for money, some as he had too much influence, other as he wanted too long a contract. He is replaceable, but my fear is the knock on effect to the other players.

Just when we seemed to be doing fine too.

A total fucking joke.

Ashley and Derek don't have a clue and Pardew is a gutless puppet.

Disappointing but not the end of the world.

He would've been a useful player to have next year both on the field and in the dressing room but I have my doubts about how effective he will be as a footballer in a couple of years time.

I know I'm stating the obvious but we can only judge the merits of this deal when we see how his replacement performs.

funny like because if we'd sold him a year or two ago, i wouldn't have been that bothered. like most on here, i thought he was finished at premier league level. proved us all wrong though didn't he? i wonder though if pardew didn't fancy him as an automatic starter next season now he's signed this young french kid, and nolan walked because of that, or if it is just about money. daft move if he isn't replaced with a quality player. he's our captain, our leader; you have to credit him with helping generate the team spirit that has got us through the last season. those kinds of players don't grow on trees. this could be another spectacular fuck up from the board.

team morale got us relegated.

team morale got us promoted thanks to Kevin Nolan.

Now he’s gone and with no likely replacement as a captain with presence, it’ll be down to senior management with their powers of communication and unity that they ooze through the club.

Oh, hang on, hmmmm....