Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Fuck me you lot are depressing :lol:

:lol: We signed a French international who took his place in the starting 11 too.

He has 4 caps for France since 2010.

It took him 7 years and 100 games more to match Nolan's goal tally in the past 2 seasons, and most of those goals were penalties.

He's French, and therefore has no leadership qualities whatsoever; the lack of leadership in French men is so endemic, they have to import bald people from England to run their business.

Cabaye is unproven in this league, Nolan had proven himself a valuable player with Bolton in the PL.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to twitter there is an overseas player at St James today having talks.

Still seems to me that the club are attacking this window rather than doing nowt.

Cabaye on board, tried but failed with Gervinho and by the sounds of it all sorts going on.

Still 70 odd days to go. :lol:

i agree that it's good to see that we're getting a lot of business done at the start of the window for once. the worry that won't go away is that we'll sell a player for each that we sign. the cadabye signing was encouraging but that doesn't mean we can afford to lose a senior player at the same time. as things stand, the squad looks threadbare. the board have got a lot of work to do before they'll convince the majority of us that this window won't be another spectacular fuck up. i don't have faith in them to prove me wrong.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'm undecided what to think about this, Nolan has been great for us over the last two seasons. I just feel that when he's not putting the ball in the back of the net he doesn't really offer alot, especially when played in midfield.

Be interesting who they bring in, whoever it is really needs to have an eye for goal. How many did Gardner net last season? Must of been Brum's top scorer

Seems alot of people are taking this bad. I don't have a big problem with this transfer as long as we get more players in. Big thing for the club seems to be cutting the wage bill. Doesn't help with Barton's comments of Twitter.

Fuck me, I'm starting to be pleased the chubby one has evicted me, now. What happened to our support? I fucking give up with some on here.

I'm with you on this one pal.

Goals get you points and we've sold our top 2 goalscorers in the last 2 windows. Some are suggesting the reason is we are going to be playing this beautiful one touch football next year. We wont.

think he got 10 tino, would be a decent haul. I agree Nolan would not have been in the starting line up every week next year, maybe that is also part of his thinking, last couple of full years and dosn't wanna be spending tem on the bench!

the thing that worries me the most about this is if barton and enrique go. that's the spine of the team gone. you can't make wholesale changes overnight and expect a smooth ride. continuity and stability are key - you need evolution, not revolution, particularly when you're taking about key senior players.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Not by any means the end of the world if Nolan is adequately replaced but fuck knows if that will happen.

If this was a week before the season was due to start (which is our boards usual clueless style) then I'd be pissed off. But you would hope, and I say this with a massive sense of cynacism as usual, that we've got the whole summer to repalce him adequatly which I think we can do quite easily if we're clever about it. Problem is, the fuckers at the top continue to do fucking stupid things. Or fuck all.

I'll go on record as saying I've never been that massive a fan of Nolan in the PL, but he was superb of the season in the Championship of pulling us back up to the PL, which is exactly why West Ham have bought him.

:lol: We signed a French international who took his place in the starting 11 too.

It took him 7 years and 100 games more to match Nolan's goal tally in the past 2 seasons, and most of those goals were penalties.

He's French, and therefore has no leadership qualities whatsoever; the lack of leadership in French men is so endemic, they have to import bald people from England to run their business.

Cabaye is unproven in this league, Nolan had proven himself a valuable player with Bolton in the PL.

So I guess you don't think Napoleon was much of a leader

So I guess you don't think Napoleon was much of a leader

;) I think he was being funny.

Don't get me wrong i don't think Nolan is a world beater by any stretch i just don't see the sense in selling him and bringing in someone like Gardner as his replacement.

to add to that, if we're bringing in someone better "some international overseas player" you sure as fuck don't let Nolan leave before you've signed them/had a medical and whatnot.

I think Cabaye / Ben Arfa are going to play instead of Nolan whereas Gardner would be cover.

£4m for Nolan is decent money, but (as has been said) if this is the beginning of an exodus we're in trouble.

I'll hold off judgement until Jose or Joey goes, but I have to say I've an ominous feeling about this one.

Wrong time to sell. He and Barton are the heartbeat of this side at present and are a huge reason the club are where they are right now. It's all very nice [potentially] buying a load of new players, but having Nolan in the squad next season could have really galvanised them.

I wonder how much Parsnip actually does want to keep them [Nolan/Barton]? Without those two, the squad will far more 'docile' imo and, therefore, much more easy for manipulation by the 'gafffer'.

Not by any means the end of the world if Nolan is adequately replaced but fuck knows if that will happen.

If this was a week before the season was due to start (which is our boards usual clueless style) then I'd be pissed off. But you would hope, and I say this with a massive sense of cynacism as usual, that we've got the whole summer to repalce him adequatly which I think we can do quite easily if we're clever about it. Problem is, the fuckers at the top continue to do fucking stupid things. Or fuck all.

I'll go on record as saying I've never been that massive a fan of Nolan in the PL, but he was superb of the season in the Championship of pulling us back up to the PL, which is exactly why West Ham have bought him.

'Hope' being the key word in all of that.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Wrong time to sell. He and Barton are the heartbeat of this side at present and are a huge reason the club are where they are right now. It's all very nice [potentially] buying a load of new players, but having Nolan in the squad next season could have really galvanised them.

I wonder how much Parsnip actually does want to keep them [Nolan/Barton]? Without those two, the squad will far more 'docile' imo and, therefore, much more easy for manipulation by The Board.

Agree with that like. As Ive said earlier. My concern isnt the loss of Nolan the player, but Nolan the Captain.