Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Agree with that like. As Ive said earlier. My concern isnt the loss of Nolan the player, but Nolan the Captain.

Agree. I'm reserving judgement until the end of the window. No point throwing a hussy fit if Pardew & co have a younger, fitter replacement for Nolan. If we replace him with Danny Guthrie then it's a different matter!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about this like, we rejected a 3mil offer for him last week so im presuming the agreed fee will be about 4mil but why not disclose it?

If it is 4mil then i guess we are getting our money back on a player whos 2 years older than we signed him. His goals and influence on the team have been of massive important and his wages since he's been here are the price we've paid. Worth every penny. Getting 4mil back for him IS a good deal when he is 29.

My worry is and especially after Bartons comments on twitter that he, Jose and Jonas will follow suit.

That in itself worries me as it disrupts a pretty settled side...BUT...if we get good fee's for these players and reinvest them wisely then i dont see it being much of an issue.

Yes we will have to change our style and it will take time for the new lads to fit in but it fits the FMA model of a younger and cheaper squad which can progress and increase in value.

Obviously i'd of loved Nolan to stay and for us to keep JB, Jose and Jonas but they are all on huge wages, Jose doesnt seem commited and Jonas has had his fair share of doubters so as long as we replace with quality im not bothered.

Gardner as a replacement for Nolan is a good move.

Cabaye as a replacement for Barton is a good move.

Sulejmani as a replacement for Jonas is a good move.

Only thing is, that wouldnt expand the squad and thats what we need.

I anticipate a VERY busy summer ahead.

Only other thing is that last season it was exposed how small our squad was. Replacing one for one would still leave us thin on the ground. We need more coming in than going out, plenty of time for that to happen ofc.

Only other thing is that last season it was exposed how small our squad was. Replacing one for one would still leave us thin on the ground. We need more coming in than going out, plenty of time for that to happen ofc.

Thats what i just said.

Aye Nolan, Barton, Jose and Jonas are important to the team but i dont mind us selling them for good fee's, removing those high wages and replacing with younger quality players on lower deals.

Good for the club as a business but a risk for the team on the pitch. If dont wisely though the risk is less.

Just directly replacing players isnt enough though...we still need 4 on top of that.

Quite a few sources claiming the deal is for 1.5mil??? Wtf!?! Didnt we reject a 3 mil offer?

If true then you have to think that there is actually a fee for Demba Ba or we could be getting a player in exchange.

Quite a few sources claiming the deal is for 1.5mil??? Wtf!?! Didnt we reject a 3 mil offer?

If true then you have to think that there is actually a fee for Demba Ba or we could be getting a player in exchange.

Thats what i just said.

Aye Nolan, Barton, Jose and Jonas are important to the team but i dont mind us selling them for good fee's, removing those high wages and replacing with younger quality players on lower deals.

Good for the club as a business but a risk for the team on the pitch. If dont wisely though the risk is less.

Just directly replacing players isnt enough though...we still need 4 on top of that.

These younger players see us a stepping stone to more successful PL clubs.

:lol: Can you name 4 quality players, younger than the aforementioned Nolan, Barton, Jose and Jonas, who would be willing to come here on lower deals than those players are currently on? Can I have some of what you're having please?

Nolan 50k = Gardner 10 goals last season from midfield 30k

Barton 75k = Cabaye 40k

Jose 55k = M'Bengue 30k

Jonas 50k = N'Zogbia 50k, Sulejmani 30k, Jarvis 25k, Lens 30k

:lol: Can you name 4 quality players, younger than the aforementioned Nolan, Barton, Jose and Jonas, who would be willing to come here on lower deals than those players are currently on? Can I have some of what you're having please?

Barton 75k = Cabaye 40k

Jose 55k = M'Bengue 30k

Jarvis, a recently capped English International to come here on 25k a week?

That's some Christmas Tree Level Stupidity right there.

It's not a case of bank balances though, is it? It's a case of influence on the pitch and willingness to improve the club that's important; you get the sense that Barton and Nolan want the club to improve and build but they've been left no choice but to leave because we're being run by a short sighted petulant child. Replacing Barton with Cabaye is daft because what happens when the £10 million offers for Cabaye and Tiote come rolling in? Are we going to replace them with more one-season wonders at the expense of improvement and progression? Players like Cabaye should be the supplement to the likes of Barton so we've got a genuinely good squad; fuck finances, you've just got £35 million for Carroll and a chunk of TV and PL money, it's a disgrace that it's not being spent on supplemented quality. Nolan should have been here for at least another season because he's a massive part of the past 2 seasons being decent in spite of some backward ownership.

It's not a case of bank balances though, is it? It's a case of influence on the pitch and willingness to improve the club that's important; you get the sense that Barton and Nolan want the club to improve and build but they've been left no choice but to leave because we're being run by a short sighted petulant child. Replacing Barton with Cabaye is daft because what happens when the £10 million offers for Cabaye and Tiote come rolling in? Are we going to replace them with more one-season wonders at the expense of improvement and progression? Players like Cabaye should be the supplement to the likes of Barton so we've got a genuinely good squad; fuck finances, you've just got £35 million for Carroll and a chunk of TV and PL money, it's a disgrace that it's not being spent on supplemented quality. Nolan should have been here for at least another season because he's a massive part of the past 2 seasons being decent in spite of some backward ownership.

I agree in an ideal world but we dont live in an ideal world do we?

Of course we ideally would want to keep Nolan, Barton, Jose and Jonas and add to the squad.

But...It does seem apparent that FMA wants to cash in on these players when we can get a good price for them and remove their high wages from the bill.

Replacing them then is a huge issue but not an issue thats impossible to overcome.

I see all this a part of a huge wage, team ethos restructure in light of the impending new financial rules.

If you think we're gonna sign young players and have them here for 4-5 years and build the team around them youre fucking stupid.

If they're good they'll be sold within 2 season, if theyre shyte (Perch,Guthrie etc) we'll be stuck with them

Some people need to think long and hard about the future they see for us tbh

Barton 75k = Cabaye 40k

Jose 55k = M'Bengue 30k

Say hypothetically all those deals came off, we'd have just replaced the players we sold with players of a similar or lower quality, but with some on lower wages. Wow, that's really got me creaming my fucking pants in excitement. Taking into account the obvious bond between the four players you're proposing we replace, and I imagine the on-field results will be significantly worse than when they were playing for us.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Barton 75k = Cabaye 40k

Jose 55k = M'Bengue 30k

Say hypothetically all those deals came off, we'd have just replaced the players we sold with players of a similar or lower quality, but with some on lower wages. Wow, that's really got me creaming my fucking pants in excitement. Taking into account the obvious bond between the four players you're proposing we replace, and I imagine the on-field results will be significantly worse than when they were playing for us.

Gotta make the most of a negative situation.

Just offering my opinion.

Like i said in an ideal world we would keep them but its not going to happen and those replacements would do a job for us.

Quite a blow really. As others have pointed out, you have a small squad, and to lose your captain who has had a great season is not usually a good thing. We also don't know if these foreign lads you seem to be buying will work out. I mean, Cabeye might be a right fanny rat, and get the clap from 1,2,3 and 4. Barton will also either move or go mental again now his best friend is on his way.

Gardner as a replacement for Nolan is a good move.

Cabaye as a replacement for Barton is a good move.

Sulejmani as a replacement for Jonas is a good move.

Only thing is, that wouldnt expand the squad and thats what we need.

I anticipate a VERY busy summer ahead.

i don't see how it would it be a good move to get rid of three of our senior players and replace them with those three. two are totally unproven at this level, having never played in the premiership.

a busy summer is fine as long as we don't lose key players. we need to improve the squad in terms of numbers as well as quality. we can't lose nolan, jonas, barton and enrique on top of carroll. even if they're all replaced, there's no guarantee it will be with better quality. plus when they get injured we'll still be relying on dross/kids. the only outgoings should players that should be nowhere near the side like perch, guthrie and lovenkrands. if we ship out our first choice players, another season of mid table medicority beckons.

We all know about Nolan's deficits, but this is yet another bad move from Ashley. I can't see us replacing Nolan on the pitch in terms of goals from midfield next season, and he's obviously going to be significant loss in terms of his presence and influence off the pitch.

I don't believe for a second he was asking for a huge contract either like the club would have us believe.

According to Culkin the offer we made him was full of conditions regarding his option extension, like if we finished top 10 and such. But, 1.5M if thats true that seems fucking insane? For that amount you would assume there is another part to the deal somewhere?

Uuuurrrggghhhhh... we're back to square one again, there goes any team spirit we had built up over the last couple of year. Back to the days of having random, unproven and totally un-gelled players in the team. I guess it's Fat Cunt's way of rotating his stock for yet another round of player clearance, buy in, get them playing then sell them on... nice work Ashley. WE ARE SPORTSDIRECT.COM FC

I don't believe for a second he was asking for a huge contract either like the club would have us believe.

I tend to think that at his age and salary level he might only be looking for an extended contract to carry him to retirement, and of course Ashley would see that as money being spent over a long period.

I've never rated Nolan, so not arsed he's leaving.

Barton and Smith are his buddies, so I expect them to follow. Barton will be missed, but easily replaced.

Pre-season hasn't started so any talk of dressing room unrest is unfounded.