Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Younger stock = Higher resale value.

We are being geared for a sale whilst trying to remain competitive and doing deals which are good for the clubs finances. Simples.

And you're OK with this?

I'm going to report your post for that word you've used there on the end of your post.

I am ok with it yes.

I'l tell you why...Because its what needs to happen for us to build and be stronger for it in time. To stop us getting into the same mess we were left in by the last board.

Its not like we are selling and then buying in shit...Cabaye shows that.

We will remain competitive but will also look to trim the wage bill further...maximise profit on sales and making us a stronger more viable option for a prospective buyer.

In the meantime it puts us in good stead for the new financial rulings which are coming into place shortly.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know where to start with all this....

If Nolan wanted to stay he should have agreed to a shorter contract, going to West Ham smacks of taking the money, which is of course, is absolute right and Ashley needs to get as much in as he can. Remember Nick Butt blowing out of his arse after 50 minutes?, Smith sitting on the bench picking up 55k a week? Don't want Nolan doing that in 3 years time when he's fucked

No, but we could have sold him next Summer. The fee is probably nominal so wouldn't change that much. Now it looks like we will be relying on untested foreign players to hit the ground running and suddenly gel with the other 6 players we need. Revolution not evolution.

As for Barton saying he wants to stay, well sign a contract and prove it and not one that ties the club to you til you are 34. Remember he got paid for being banged up and while he served various bans. I know he's been a big improvement the last two seasons but come on, a bit of loyalty maybe??

I agree about the loyalty but we dont know the terms. They might have offered him £5k per week or just think he has burned too many bridges.

Players show very little regard for honouring contracts and want everything on their terms and Ashley isn't allowing it, guess time will tell if he's right or wrong but I'm pretty sure we won't have players in their 30's going through the motions and picking up a fat wedge.

No, he is not allowing players to speak out against him and he doesnt want high earners in their late 20s. What happens when all these 24-25 year olds get "too old" in 3-4 years? Completely start again?

As for Jose the way he has handled it is shocking, either sign or ask to leave. I would love him to sign a new deal BTW but 22 mil for him and Jonas, yes please considering Jonas is worth 5m max

Its clear that Jose will never sign a new contract and that reason is Mike Ashley. Likewise with Barton and Nolan.

I would say the reason Jose isn't signing as he is expecting a top for premiership club or Barca/Madrid to come in for him. You say what happens when the 24 year olds are hitting 30; replace them? Well yeah if they are not upto it,as long as its planned for, is that wrong? Don't get all sentimenntal about Joey/Kev, nobody knows the facts but I doubt it was 5k a week just not the retirement fund they expected

The pure joy that is the ignore button. :lol:

Good old Leazes melting his keyboard with no doubt negative post after negative post.

Shame he wasnt so active in the Cabaye thread.

Sad old man.

canny CT like, when he's completely and utterly proven to be an utter dick, and he will be in time, he's going to claim all those wildly optimistic posts he made [shared by jaysouthernmag, deano and Toonpack] were only done to "wind me up"

:lol:

Stop bringing me into your arguments you sad old twat and as for winding you up, trust me I've got better things to do than try and bait an old fool like you

but you do try, don't you ?

You're going to look like a right dick son, but you do in my eyes already, shame you are taking no notice of me trying to educate you and the others.

I would say I'm in a majority of people who don't care what you say as nearly every post has an angle with reference to the good ol days

Barton looks fully capable to me and Nolan just had his best goalscoring season ever. Both are probably in the peak of their careers. In fact, most footballers peak around 27 - which looks like the age Ashley wants to 'cash in'.

The pure joy that is the ignore button. :lol:

Good old Leazes melting his keyboard with no doubt negative post after negative post.

Shame he wasnt so active in the Cabaye thread.

Sad old man.

canny CT like, when he's completely and utterly proven to be an utter dick, and he will be in time, he's going to claim all those wildly optimistic posts he made [shared by jaysouthernmag, deano and Toonpack] were only done to "wind me up"

Stop bringing me into your arguments you sad old twat and as for winding you up, trust me I've got better things to do than try and bait an old fool like you

but you do try, don't you ?

You're going to look like a right dick son, but you do in my eyes already, shame you are taking no notice of me trying to educate you and the others.

I would say I'm in a majority of people who don't care what you say as nearly every post has an angle with reference to the good ol days

if you associate the "good old days" with the Halls and Shepherd, then it more or less says everything, but you won't get it will you ? Unless of course, you think the last 4 years have been "better" ? Do you ? If you do, please put up the league positions to show it because unless I have blinked, I must have missed any european nights we have had.

Can I just point out to those who are blaming Ashley for this, Nolan has turned down a contract offer of four years. It is obvious that was for less money than west ham are offering hence the reason he wants to leave. He had a good season last year but is easily replaceable imo and since carrol left his productivity on the pitch took a huge dive cos the knock downs etc were not around for him to feed on which has been the main source of his goals over the last two years.

For me, I think if we bring in someone younger but still proven like gardner for a lower wage then it is not bad business. Especially if he is not happy at the club!

Are you familiar with the saying "a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing" (Oscar Wilde)

No?

Thats 3 of you including fat Mike and Dekka then

Forget his age,ability,recent record,influence in the changing room/around the club,legs,length of contract, inside leg measurement or his nightime drinking habits..its all fuckin irrelevent to what sort of message this sends to his (former) teamates and other clubs who may be circling them.

Pardew comes out of this looking like Ashley has his hand up his arse and is fuckin operating him. Someone said a lot of managers would walk over this and thats spot on. Not this one though, who knew he'd never get the chance to manage a club as big as Newcastle United in his career ever again when he was offered the job and will spout mealy mouthed bullshit to cover for these fuckers as a result. Until we're in the bottom 3 at christmas when they'll sack him. How will you feel then Alan?....team matters taken out of your hands by the footballing genius who seemingly rated Alan Smith so much as a player he the useless twats name printed on his shirt.

A really great captain if you ask me. One of the best I've seen at any club.

If Nolan wanted to stay he should have agreed to a shorter contract, going to West Ham smacks of taking the money, which is of course, is absolute right and Ashley needs to get as much in as he can.

Nolan would've had no choice, he was here for 2 years and was a model pro. I've yet to see a post from you that doesn't attempt to snarl at or goad LM. You're one of the most pathetic excuses of a Newcastle Utd supporter I've ever had the mis-fortune to hear from.

Can I just point out to those who are blaming Ashley for this, Nolan has turned down a contract offer of four years. It is obvious that was for less money than west ham are offering hence the reason he wants to leave. He had a good season last year but is easily replaceable imo and since carrol left his productivity on the pitch took a huge dive cos the knock downs etc were not around for him to feed on which has been the main source of his goals over the last two years.

For me, I think if we bring in someone younger but still proven like gardner for a lower wage then it is not bad business. Especially if he is not happy at the club!

Are you familiar with the saying "a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing" (Oscar Wilde)

No?

Forget his age,ability,recent record,influence in the changing room/around the club,legs,length of contract, inside leg measurement or his nightime drinking habits..its all fuckin irrelevent to what sort of message this sends to his (former) teamates and other clubs who may be circling them.

Pardew comes out of this looking like Ashley has his hand up his arse and is fuckin operating him. Someone said a lot of managers would walk over this and thats spot on. Not this one though, who knew he'd never get the chance to manage a club as big as Newcastle United in his career ever again when he was offered the job and will spout mealy mouthed bullshit to cover for these fuckers as a result. Until we're in the bottom 3 at christmas when they'll sack him. How will you feel then Alan?....team matters taken out of your hands by the footballing genius who seemingly rated Alan Smith so much as a player he the useless twats name printed on his shirt.

Spot on, mate.

According to twitter there is an overseas player at St James today having talks.

According to twitter, you talk out of your arsehole. Am I to put money on that too? ;)

Who is this mug cwarr07 he's blocked me the prick, for questioning who he is and his sources.

He definitely has some ITK. Being a bit too cocky though describing deals as 100% done when they are not. But that said, he's stilll getting some information out before others, including local journos.

I've been having a go at him over the last week and havent been blocked so I can only assume you offered colourful words such as CUNT in your questioning.. :lol:

If Nolan wanted to stay he should have agreed to a shorter contract, going to West Ham smacks of taking the money, which is of course, is absolute right and Ashley needs to get as much in as he can. Remember Nick Butt blowing out of his arse after 50 minutes?, Smith sitting on the bench picking up 55k a week? Don't want Nolan doing that in 3 years time when he's fucked

As for Barton saying he wants to stay, well sign a contract and prove it and not one that ties the club to you til you are 34. Remember he got paid for being banged up and while he served various bans. I know he's been a big improvement the last two seasons but come on, a bit of loyalty maybe??

Players show very little regard for honouring contracts and want everything on their terms and Ashley isn't allowing it, guess time will tell if he's right or wrong but I'm pretty sure we won't have players in their 30's going through the motions and picking up a fat wedge.

As for Jose the way he has handled it is shocking, either sign or ask to leave. I would love him to sign a new deal BTW but 22 mil for him and Jonas, yes please considering Jonas is worth 5m max

Spot on.

No?

absolutely correct

Unlike a lot on here, I don't mind CT. Think he's prob a decent enough bloke, etc.

And then he posts in the Newcastle Utd threads. Why do I get the feeling you're in your element, here, CT? Stick to General threads mate, because you're seriously talking out your arse on here. (deliberately, I'm almost positive*.)

*See what I did there?

Unlike a lot on here, I don't mind CT. Think he's prob a decent enough bloke, etc.

And then he posts in the Newcastle Utd threads. Why do I get the feeling you're in your element, here, CT? Stick to General threads mate, because you're seriously talking out your arse on here. (deliberately, I'm almost positive*.)

*See what I did there?

See this is the problem I just dont understand.

Do you seriously expect that a fan base is going to have one single view on anything that arises?

Do you never have differences of opinion with your own mates in the pub?

Quite early in this thread quite a few posters including Alex said they didnt have a problem with this and that if he wasnt going to sign, now was the time to cash in. Quite a few other posters not on Team positive have said the same. I dont see you or the others laying into them :lol:

Dont recall you telling Alex he was talking out his arse.

Even twitter is quite even on the spread of opinions. Other forums seem capable of discussing football topics without descending into a girl fight. I really cant get my head around the bitchiness on here at times.

We are talking about a bloke with his best years behind him, who wont make the first team next year, who hasnt been snapped up by a prem club, being sold because he wouldnt sign a new longer contract. All this after a very highly rated French international has already been brought in to replace Nolan.

Quite fucking bizarre :lol:

We are talking about a bloke with his best years behind him, who wont make the first team next year

I really don't get this type of comment.

Is there a magical biological element in footballers that makes them suddenly become a poorer player the moment they enter their 30s? Why couldn't he have carried on till he was say 32? Do you see the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea wanting rid of their star men - captains, top scorers some of them - because they've supposedly had their peak years during their late 20s and suddenly aren't as good?

Nolan isn't a pacey player. He's intelligent on the ball and a great leader off it. There is nothing to suggest any of his attributes would be severely weakened in years to come.

*See what I did there?

Do you seriously expect that a fan base is going to have one single view on anything that arises?

Quite early in this thread quite a few posters including Alex said they didnt have a problem with this and that if he wasnt going to sign, now was the time to cash in. Quite a few other posters not on Team positive have said the same. I dont see you or the others laying into them :lol:

Even twitter is quite even on the spread of opinions. Other forums seem capable of discussing football topics without descending into a girl fight. I really cant get my head around the bitchiness on here at times.

We are talking about a bloke with his best years behind him, who wont make the first team next year, who hasnt been snapped up by a prem club, being sold because he wouldnt sign a new longer contract. All this after a very highly rated French international has already been brought in to replace Nolan.

We are 4 years into Mike Ashleys "plan", and he has got absolutely nowhere near qualifying for europe, despite the old owners doing it more in 15 years than every other club in the country bar 4.

This is not "opinion" chum, it's a FACT.

And another of our [ex] best players sees a better future elsewhere [with a "smaller" club that is obviously more attractive to him], that too, is a FACT, while others will follow.

*See what I did there?

Alex doesn't support every decision the current regime make ad nauseum. We will all disagree to some extent and that is normal, but I find it very difficult not to think people are deliberately just being trite for the sake of it. For everything LM is accused of, the same could be said of yourself and one or two others.

It's that simple. If you think I've layed into you? No, not really, not by a long way, actually. You paid me a compliment a while ago, I've already said I don't think you're a bad sort at all, I do question your motives on Newcastle threads sometimes as I genuinely think you're on the wind up. A one off disagreement is normal, thats the difference.

Hi there. By my username I am pretty sure many of you have realized that I am a West Ham fan, but I ain't here to cause any hassle as I am not that sort of fan. I have a West Ham blog and I want to post some unique material on Kevin Nolan if it is true that he is coming. I don't believe anything till it is confirmed, but this story holds a lot of water.

I have a lot of respect for your club as I have always liked teams with a passionate fanbase and this forum alone shows the size and loyalty of Newcastle fans. I think West Ham and Newcastle have a few things in common:

• We both have true and loyal fans
  • We both have interfering owners
  • We both deserve to be bigger than what we are.

The reason I have signed up to your forum is to ask the Newcastle fans what West Ham can expect from Nolan? I was just wondering if anyone could write a report on what sort of player he is and what he does for the team. Once again, i am not here to cause an argument, but just need info from the only people who know everything about their players. That is the fans

Thanks a lot

RexHammer

www.weloveyouwestham.blogspot.com

Younger stock = Higher resale value.

We are being geared for a sale whilst trying to remain competitive and doing deals which are good for the clubs finances. Simples.

And you're OK with this?

I'm going to report your post for that word you've used there on the end of your post.

I am ok with it yes.

I'l tell you why...Because its what needs to happen for us to build and be stronger for it in time. To stop us getting into the same mess we were left in by the last board.

Its not like we are selling and then buying in shit...Cabaye shows that.

We will remain competitive but will also look to trim the wage bill further...maximise profit on sales and making us a stronger more viable option for a prospective buyer.

In the meantime it puts us in good stead for the new financial rulings which are coming into place shortly.

You are having a laugh or winding people up surely?

I agree about the intention to maximise profit on sales, thats his intention for sure.

Do you think if Cabaye turns out to be any good that he will still be here in 2 years time? He will be sold on to maximise profit

The hieght of Ashleys ambition is to keep us in the Premier League year on year, mid table mediocrity if we are lucky, whilst spending as little as possible. No ambition whatsover.