Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Younger stock = Higher resale value.

We are being geared for a sale whilst trying to remain competitive and doing deals which are good for the clubs finances. Simples.

And you're OK with this?

I'm going to report your post for that word you've used there on the end of your post.

I am ok with it yes.

I'l tell you why...Because its what needs to happen for us to build and be stronger for it in time. To stop us getting into the same mess we were left in by the last board.

Its not like we are selling and then buying in shit...Cabaye shows that.

We will remain competitive but will also look to trim the wage bill further...maximise profit on sales and making us a stronger more viable option for a prospective buyer.

In the meantime it puts us in good stead for the new financial rulings which are coming into place shortly.

You are having a laugh or winding people up surely?

I agree about the intention to maximise profit on sales, thats his intention for sure.

Do you think if Cabaye turns out to be any good that he will still be here in 2 years time? He will be sold on to maximise profit

The hieght of Ashleys ambition is to keep us in the Premier League year on year, mid table mediocrity if we are lucky, whilst spending as little as possible. No ambition whatsover.

This.

Anyone making light of this situation is deluded.

Am I right in thinking that we'll actually make a loss after selling him?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking about a bloke with his best years behind him, who wont make the first team next year

I really don't get this type of comment.

Is there a magical biological element in footballers that makes them suddenly become a poorer player the moment they enter their 30s? Why couldn't he have carried on till he was say 32? Do you see the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea wanting rid of their star men - captains, top scorers some of them - because they've supposedly had their peak years during their late 20s and suddenly aren't as good?

Nolan isn't a pacey player. He's intelligent on the ball and a great leader off it. There is nothing to suggest any of his attributes would be severely weakened in years to come.

Answer me one question then.

Do you think Pardew was going to leave Tiote or Cabaye out in favour of Nolan?

And to Team slashyourwrists.... a little tweet from Mark Douglas

Working on as many as 4 incomings... Names tomorrow. At least one very imminent. #NUFC

I wouldn't take the stuff that man comes out with as gospel if I were you.

Strange remark! He's the main journo the club deal with. He's the one they gave the Cabaye exclusive to.

it's only kevin nolan for god's sake , it's not like we have been short of goals from midfield before he came is it ? .. ohh wait !

really amazes me how easily his goal contribution from midfield is dismissed ,

he scores the majority from set plays,he just gets rebounds all the time ect ect . there is a reason they say the hardest part of the game is putting that ball in the net , for the majority of teams in this league those goals from midfield are pretty priceless .

Unlike a lot on here, I don't mind CT. Think he's prob a decent enough bloke, etc.

And then he posts in the Newcastle Utd threads. Why do I get the feeling you're in your element, here, CT? Stick to General threads mate, because you're seriously talking out your arse on here. (deliberately, I'm almost positive*.)

*See what I did there?

See this is the problem I just dont understand.

Do you seriously expect that a fan base is going to have one single view on anything that arises?

Do you never have differences of opinion with your own mates in the pub?

Quite early in this thread quite a few posters including Alex said they didnt have a problem with this and that if he wasnt going to sign, now was the time to cash in. Quite a few other posters not on Team positive have said the same. I dont see you or the others laying into them ;)

Dont recall you telling Alex he was talking out his arse.

Even twitter is quite even on the spread of opinions. Other forums seem capable of discussing football topics without descending into a girl fight. I really cant get my head around the bitchiness on here at times.

We are talking about a bloke with his best years behind him, who wont make the first team next year, who hasnt been snapped up by a prem club, being sold because he wouldnt sign a new longer contract. All this after a very highly rated French international has already been brought in to replace Nolan.

Quite fucking bizarre :)

Alex doesn't support every decision the current regime make ad nauseum. We will all disagree to some extent and that is normal, but I find it very difficult not to think people are deliberately just being trite for the sake of it. For everything LM is accused of, the same could be said of yourself and one or two others.

It's that simple. If you think I've layed into you? No, not really, not by a long way, actually. You paid me a compliment a while ago, I've already said I don't think you're a bad sort at all, I do question your motives on Newcastle threads sometimes as I genuinely think you're on the wind up. A one off disagreement is normal, thats the difference.

I wasnt talking particularly about you and me, more the sheer shock that people have that people can view things differently, particularly to do with football.

As it happens I think your a canny poster. :wub:

We've signed more shite than decent stuff lately. But I suppose that's Hughton's fault, so thank fuck they got shot of him too.

And don't forget, Nolan broke Barfa's leg and glassed that lass, so best rid of tbh.

Spin, spin, spin.

I don't agree with this fwiw, and how anyone can suspect or even hope these cunts know what they are doing (or are doing it for the 'right' reasons) is beyond me. You must be born again Christians or something.

Hi there. By my username I am pretty sure many of you have realized that I am a West Ham fan, but I ain't here to cause any hassle as I am not that sort of fan. I have a West Ham blog and I want to post some unique material on Kevin Nolan if it is true that he is coming. I don't believe anything till it is confirmed, but this story holds a lot of water.

I have a lot of respect for your club as I have always liked teams with a passionate fanbase and this forum alone shows the size and loyalty of Newcastle fans. I think West Ham and Newcastle have a few things in common:

• We both have true and loyal fans
  • We both have interfering owners
  • We both deserve to be bigger than what we are.

The reason I have signed up to your forum is to ask the Newcastle fans what West Ham can expect from Nolan? I was just wondering if anyone could write a report on what sort of player he is and what he does for the team. Once again, i am not here to cause an argument, but just need info from the only people who know everything about their players. That is the fans

Thanks a lot

RexHammer

www.weloveyouwestham.blogspot.com

You'll get a player who'll buy into your club, will score goals and be nothing other than positive for you. He won't be as quick as Parker but will be far more effective, he wont dive into takles like Parker as he wont be as much as a headless chicken as Parker can sometimes be. If you have a big man up front next year all the better. One thing though. You have big Sham. He'll be your biggest hindrence. He's identified the player you need but he'll need to to play to peoples strengths and not chicken out of certain games like he did with us.

As an aside I used to love games with you lot ahead of other certain London clubs.

Have a deek at this, mate.

The reason I have signed up to your forum is to ask the Newcastle fans what West Ham can expect from Nolan?

Leadership on and off the pitch.

A consistent goal threat from set pieces, and general play in the Championship.

Intelligent use of the ball to retain possession and relieve pressure in defence.

Basically with him leading your team you can expect a good shot at promotion.

Hi there. By my username I am pretty sure many of you have realized that I am a West Ham fan, but I ain't here to cause any hassle as I am not that sort of fan. I have a West Ham blog and I want to post some unique material on Kevin Nolan if it is true that he is coming. I don't believe anything till it is confirmed, but this story holds a lot of water.

I have a lot of respect for your club as I have always liked teams with a passionate fanbase and this forum alone shows the size and loyalty of Newcastle fans. I think West Ham and Newcastle have a few things in common:

The reason I have signed up to your forum is to ask the Newcastle fans what West Ham can expect from Nolan? I was just wondering if anyone could write a report on what sort of player he is and what he does for the team. Once again, i am not here to cause an argument, but just need info from the only people who know everything about their players. That is the fans

Thanks a lot

RexHammer

You'll get a player who'll buy into your club, will score goals and be nothing other than positive for you. He won't be as quick as Parker but will be far more effective, he wont dive into takles like Parker as he wont be as much as a headless chicken as Parker can sometimes be. If you have a big man up front next year all the better. One thing though. You have big Sham. He'll be your biggest hindrence. He's identified the player you need but he'll need to to play to peoples strengths and not chicken out of certain games like he did with us.

As an aside I used to love games with you lot ahead of other certain London clubs.

Quality. That is the type of support I am talking about. Thank you very much for your reply and I was just wondering if i could post it on my blog. I could credit you as well if you want.

If anyone else has anything else to say about him, i will also add it to my blog. Once again thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot

RexHammer

Quality. That is the type of support I am talking about. Thank you very much for your reply and I was just wondering if i could post it on my blog. I could credit you as well if you want.

If anyone else has anything else to say about him, i will also add it to my blog. Once again thanks a lot.

Please yourself, mate, I can't stop you!

ITV didn't want to show that game as we were bottom and they didn't think the rest of the country would like to watch it. Spurs were on standby but the football league over-ruled ITV and said they had to stick to their contract and televise us. So basically the telly have always been cunts. (Luckily I've never seen the 8-1 game on youtube.) ;)

alreet rexhammer.

in nolan, you're getting a player about to enter his prime years. a leader of men, who will inspire his teammates. he's a fox in the box, with a nice touch and a great finisher - he'll get you bucketloads of goals in the championship provided you're team is set up to play to his strengths. and in big sam, you have a manager that has worked with him before and should know how to do that. the football won't be pretty mind with him charge - we know that from experience.

on the downside, nolan's engine aint the best. you need young legs around him that are going to make up for his lack of mobility and the fact that he doesn't cover much ground. some games can pass him by and he can appear a luxury player or a passenger - especially in s 442 alongside someone like guthrie or smith. but his goals and other attributes more than make up for it. a great signing for your lot i reckon. he could have done a job for a team like everton; instead he's dropped down a division. you must have offered him a good package.

Thing is, once Barton had made public his plan to sit out his 65k a week contract then fuck off it woke up the FCB. The thought of any more "assets" simply leaving on a Bosman truly scared him so he decided to give Nolan and Enrique one last chance before he sold them.

Nolan wanted more money so decided to fuck off to Fat Sam's Home for Ex Mags and assorted wasters; a shame yes indeed, but the extra dosh from the sad cockneys sealed the deal. As for Enrique, well he wants to leave so its only a matter of when and we have all known that he would be off this summer.

I don't like the FCB but can't blame him for this one, mind you there is more than enough shite with his name on it at SJP. Lets just see who if anyone we get in to replace him and actually increase our squad size.

What's the problem with players leaving on a bosman? No one will be complaining when Smith fucks off. The problem is if you've paid over the odds for the player in question, and have given them a contract that is above their value. That wasn't the case with Nolan. We got value for money with regards to his performances on the pitch, and would have continued to do so. I'd take another 2 years of service for him to leave on a bosman over the pittance we will receive for him.

alreet rexhammer.

in nolan, you're getting a player about to enter his prime years. a leader of men, who will inspire his teammates. he's a fox in the box, with a nice touch and a great finisher - he'll get you bucketloads of goals in the championship provided you're team is set up to play to his strengths. and in big sam, you have a manager that has worked with him before and should know how to do that. the football won't be pretty mind with him charge - we know that from experience.

on the downside, nolan's engine aint the best. you need young legs around him that are going to make up for his lack of mobility and the fact that he doesn't cover much ground. some games can pass him by and he can appear a luxury player or a passenger - especially in s 442 alongside someone like guthrie or smith. but his goals and other attributes more than make up for it. a great signing for your lot i reckon. he could have done a job for a team like everton; instead he's dropped down a division. you must have offered him a good package.

Just what we need mate. I don't know what they have offered him, but none of us would of believed that he was going to drop down a division to come to us. A lot of us fans was getting depressed at the state of our beloved club. 2 terrible managers and now we have a gobby owner. Since Big Sam has come, everything has looked up for us.

I hope you lot get Ba as he is definitely leaving us. He would make up for the loss of goals from Nolan. That kid only needs 1 chance to score.

What's the problem with players leaving on a bosman? No one will be complaining when Smith fucks off. The problem is if you've paid over the odds for the player in question, and have given them a contract that is above their value. That wasn't the case with Nolan. We got value for money with regards to his performances on the pitch, and would have continued to do so. I'd take another 2 years of service for him to leave on a bosman over the pittance we will receive for him.

That is a point I fear will go over a few peoples heads. I'd have kept him for next year for def, and seen how this years midfielders done and took it from there. If they were shit off a stick I'd have looked to have sold him or let him run his contract down. If he was as influential as he has been then it would've been down to the negotiating table. Money has dictated this move coupled with a suspicion that a (good) influence in the dressing room was frowned upon.

I'm in two minds about this.

I can see the logic of it. His legs seem gone already, he wants to see out his career with us, and he's probably not a guaranteed starter next season. Why not cash in now, especially as he won't sign a new contract?

However....as things stand I don't think we can afford to lose his goals. Plus he obviously has great leadership qualities and is probably the heartbeat of the dressing room. I wonder what the knock on impact will be.

As Stevie said recently, you can't put a price on good morale. We're losing someone who seems to understand the club, gives his all and won't let others hide. No doubt we'll get in some good foreign pros but don't expect them to give a shit.

If we end up at the start of the season with a team that has pace, skill and goals in it, we'll probably not feel the lack of Nolan. If we end up with Best and Shola labouring up front, and a midfield that goes into hiding on a wet Wednesday night in Swansea or wherever, then maybe we'll think it wasn't such a smart move.

Two things strike me about this. Firstly it feels opportunistic - it 's probably more about Fat Sam wanting Nolan than Nolan wanting out, and the club jumping at the chance to cash in. Secondly it makes Pardoo look more of a eunuch than ever. No way would he want to lose a senior pro like Nolan unless he was seriously undermining him.

I hope you lot get Ba as he is definitely leaving us. He would make up for the loss of goals from Nolan. That kid only needs 1 chance to score.

If our lot haven't made Ba signing for us part of the Nolan deal then they want shooting.

The problem with Ba is that you can't solely rely on him being your goalscorer. If his ticking time bomb knee decides to give in. You will be without a goalscorer till the transfer window opens again. He was as fit as a fiddle at West Ham though.

That is a point I fear will go over a few peoples heads. I'd have kept him for next year for def, and seen how this years midfielders done and took it from there. If they were shit off a stick I'd have looked to have sold him or let him run his contract down. If he was as influential as he has been then it would've been down to the negotiating table. Money has dictated this move coupled with a suspicion that a (good) influence in the dressing room was frowned upon.

The point is that Ashley does not want to lose money on any player, Barton showed his intention to leave on a free so Ashley is now determined to ensure no one else will do the same. That and Nolan wanting a wage that he was never going to get here was why he left, logic does not seem to matter to the FCB only a plus on his balance sheet.

The point is that Ashley does not want to lose money on any player, Barton showed his intention to leave on a free so Ashley is now determined to ensure no one else will do the same. That and Nolan wanting a wage that he was never going to get here was why he left, logic does not seem to matter to the FCB only a plus on his balance sheet.

It's very likely to be a false economy then.

Hammertime - can you give us a bit more on this Ba fella please mate as likely part of Nolan switch ?

Full report, my desk by 9am .

Haha. Yes sir!

Well he only played 12 games for us and scored 7 goals. That is coming from a team that has no wingers to cross the ball in and no players capable of creating something that leads to a goal and he still managed to score 7 goals. He has a quality first touch on the ball and he wants to always be around the penalty box. The problem we had was Avram Grant. Ba was obviously our main striker, but Grant decided to put Carlton Cant Control in the middle of a forward 3. Ba was sometimes isolated and due to this, i couldn't really tell you much about him.All I can say is that he will score more than 20 goals providing he stays fit.