Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Hammertime - can you give us a bit more on this Ba fella please mate as likely part of Nolan switch ?

Full report, my desk by 9am .

Haha. Yes sir!

Well he only played 12 games for us and scored 7 goals. That is coming from a team that has no wingers to cross the ball in and no players capable of creating something that leads to a goal and he still managed to score 7 goals. He has a quality first touch on the ball and he wants to always be around the penalty box. The problem we had was Avram Grant. Ba was obviously our main striker, but Grant decided to put Carlton Cant Control in the middle of a forward 3. Ba was sometimes isolated and due to this, i couldn't really tell you much about him.All I can say is that he will score more than 20 goals providing he stays fit.

cheers man . hope you lot bounce back .

mind in that pair of horrors at the helm youre nearly as unfortunate as us !

id love to see someone torch o'sullivan's twatful tank commander hat like . wi him under it.

That blonde tart you see him with on the telly. Used to be a model in his wank rags. Now his wife.

The fucking spawny cunt. ;)

straights ?! thats eez wife !?

mrs merton to debbie mcgee ". .so what first attracted you to millionaire paul daniels" springs to mind .

i bet she's been 'gastight' a few times like !

Aye thats his wife. Was a model in the nineties, fit as fuck then, fit as fuck now. Don't worry, when she see's real men like us she gets wet and thinks, "Ah wish I could ditch this old little cunt". Mark my words. :)

goes without saying mate . . the only name i can remember from Club International days is Linzi Drew (?) (didnt notice the names so much somehow) she was blonde but must be a canny age now . she on left in pic. think could be Dirty Sullivans good lady on right too ?

kRpcj.jpg

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you lot get Ba as he is definitely leaving us. He would make up for the loss of goals from Nolan. That kid only needs 1 chance to score.

If our lot haven't made Ba signing for us part of the Nolan deal then they want shooting.

Somebody may have already said this in the pages I havent read yet, but BA is a free agent and West Ham have no control over him. (iirc)

I don't think the clause in his contract is as simple as that. I think we will need to be compensated something, but I could be wrong.

J

Rex me old china , my view of nolans goal haul is he's a great reader of game and very much a right place right time player. also intelligent in knowing team mates' moves . he had minor ankle op end of season gone that had been affecting him longterm . that might have hindered his mobility to some extent as mentioned in earlier posts. either way wham have got a player well suited to their club/fans and a potentially great catalyst/figurehead

His positional sense and awareness/finishing during set plays is immense, he's an absolute menace in those situations. Even if he doesn't score he causes chaos in the box and puts the opposition off.

His hat trick against Sunderland showcases these strengths:

The 1st goal was a clever improvised finish after taking up a great position during the corner.

The 2nd was another clinical finish after intelligent movement into space. Nolan actually helps to start the move off with a good first-time layoff (he displays good technique with first-time balls and shots) to Jonas as he was making an aggressive run.

The 3rd one again a poached goal after he takes up a dangerous position on a corner again.

That was his stand-out performance of the season and he made good contributions in defence and in the retention of possession during that game too. We absolutely bossed it after his first goal. One of the great captain's performances for NUFC in my lifetime, easily.

y know what - that beauty now seems ages ago somehow ! bit of a er, hammer blow reading it too . he truly gave a lot .

good value in the 'old pro off the ball' stakes too (much to my enjoyment)

A lot of Nolan's goals have come in and around the 6 yard box, he's great on corners and knock downs but he can finish well with both feet. He was more prolific in the championship as you get that extra fraction of a second on the ball and break a back line a bit more easily. I also think the comment about his link up play coming out of defensive positions and playing neat and tidy passes is worth taking note of. He's a good footballer overall but lacks an athleticism and consistency which would have made him a target for a bigger club. The fact that he has gone to the championship suggests all of the positive praise he is getting is to do with his importance and role at Newcastle, as a captain of a team that has at times shown remarkable spirit. I think we are losing more that West Ham are gaining in a way.

I was resigned to losing someone and i hoped it might just be Enrique. Barton was always going to refuse to speak to anyone if he wanted to stay and Nolan's 2 years meant we could have kept him for one more season and made the inevitable longer term changes more gradually. He has just had the best season he will ever have in the premiership and i guess that explains why he wants to make a move, as he wont get another chance at such a lucrative contract. Getting 60k a week for 4 years now is much better than 30k a week for 4 years from the start of next season. If he doesnt start much next year, he wouldnt have been looking at much more than that.

The thing to remember is that its his decision at the end of the day, we were only just over halfway through the contract so there was no urgency for a new deal other than what was coming from him and his agent.

Hammertime - can you give us a bit more on this Ba fella please mate as likely part of Nolan switch ?

Full report, my desk by 9am .

Haha. Yes sir!

Well he only played 12 games for us and scored 7 goals. That is coming from a team that has no wingers to cross the ball in and no players capable of creating something that leads to a goal and he still managed to score 7 goals. He has a quality first touch on the ball and he wants to always be around the penalty box. The problem we had was Avram Grant. Ba was obviously our main striker, but Grant decided to put Carlton Cant Control in the middle of a forward 3. Ba was sometimes isolated and due to this, i couldn't really tell you much about him.All I can say is that he will score more than 20 goals providing he stays fit.

cheers man . hope you lot bounce back .

mind in that pair of horrors at the helm youre nearly as unfortunate as us !

id love to see someone torch o'sullivan's twatful tank commander hat like . wi him under it.

That blonde tart you see him with on the telly. Used to be a model in his wank rags. Now his wife.

The fucking spawny cunt. :)

straights ?! thats eez wife !?

mrs merton to debbie mcgee ". .so what first attracted you to millionaire paul daniels" springs to mind .

i bet she's been 'gastight' a few times like !

Aye thats his wife. Was a model in the nineties, fit as fuck then, fit as fuck now. Don't worry, when she see's real men like us she gets wet and thinks, "Ah wish I could ditch this old little cunt". Mark my words. :wub:

goes without saying mate . . the only name i can remember from Club International days is Linzi Drew (?) (didnt notice the names so much somehow) she was blonde but must be a canny age now . she on left in pic. think could be Dirty Sullivans good lady on right too ?

kRpcj.jpg

Nah, Eve Vorley was her name, and yes I knocked one out at the time! :D;)

A lot of Nolan's goals have come in and around the 6 yard box, he's great on corners and knock downs but he can finish well with both feet. He was more prolific in the championship as you get that extra fraction of a second on the ball and break a back line a bit more easily. I also think the comment about his link up play coming out of defensive positions and playing neat and tidy passes is worth taking note of. He's a good footballer overall but lacks an athleticism and consistency which would have made him a target for a bigger club. The fact that he has gone to the championship suggests all of the positive praise he is getting is to do with his importance and role at Newcastle, as a captain of a team that has at times shown remarkable spirit. I think we are losing more that West Ham are gaining in a way.

I was resigned to losing someone and i hoped it might just be Enrique. Barton was always going to refuse to speak to anyone if he wanted to stay and Nolan's 2 years meant we could have kept him for one more season and made the inevitable longer term changes more gradually. He has just had the best season he will ever have in the premiership and i guess that explains why he wants to make a move, as he wont get another chance at such a lucrative contract. Getting 60k a week for 4 years now is much better than 30k a week for 4 years from the start of next season. If he doesnt start much next year, he wouldnt have been looking at much more than that.

The thing to remember is that its his decision at the end of the day, we were only just over halfway through the contract so there was no urgency for a new deal other than what was coming from him and his agent.

Thanks for the mini report mate. I will use also use this on my blog if it is ok with you?

I don't think his legs not being as good as they used to be will really affect West Ham. I think we will gain more out of his leadership and captaincy. We are full of youth players that are willing to learn and by the sounds of it, Nolan sounds like the man to deliver this knowledge. Our youth players have fresh legs and will make up for Nolan's.

Bird --- Mirror

Joey Barton lifted the lid on the simmering tensions behind the scenes at Newcastle yesterday as skipper Kevin Nolan was flogged to West Ham.

Barton led the revolt against the £3million sale of Nolan with a series of Twitter digs, including the prediction that he, Jose Enrique and Jonas Gutierrez could be the next big St James’ Park stars to be axed.

The outburst resulted in him being warned by the club to to cool it in his tweets - and could ultimately seal his own exit later this summer.

Newcastle’s senior players are furious that Nolan, instrumental in knitting the club together after relegation two years ago, is being sold off to Sam Allardyce’s Championship side despite promises made by boss Alan Pardew.

Magpies chiefs are prepared to hit back at the grumblings from players and fans with several signings in the next fortnight.

But Barton led the shocked reaction to Nolan’s exit, which is subject to a Hammers medical, by tweeting: “Just on my way to Ascot, feel sick. £whatgoinonatthetoonffs”

That was followed by: “Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! £mejoseandjonasnext”

He then tweeted: “Enough of this football its making me feel sad.”

Earlier in the week, as rumours of Nolan’s departure grew, Barton dropped a big hint by writing: “The bigman is more important than just ur average joe £dressingroom.”

The Mirror has obtained details of the deals offered to both Nolan and Barton, which the club feel were substantial.

Nolan, who has two years left on his current £42,000-a-week deal, asked for a new five-year deal - as a negotiating ploy.

It is understood Newcastle offered him the chance to see out his two years on the existing terms, plus a one year extension.

However, they threw in incentives: if United finished in the top 10 next season Nolan would get a bonus effectively boosting his wage to £50k a week for the campaign, and the same sum guaranteed for the next two seasons, which would take him to aged 32.

Barton was ready to sign a new £60,000-a-week deal in January which included a two-year extension and confirmed him as the best-paid player at the club.

However, when Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool, Barton pulled back, refusing to sign the contrast and questioning the hierarchy about its ambitions for the club.

A showdown between United’s senior stars and MD Derek Llambias and owner Mike Ashley has been brewing for months.

Barton led the questioning of Llambias in a team meeting after Chris Hughton was sacked.

Nolan was part of the players' committee, who rowed furiously with the MD last season over bonuses due to the first team.

Another member of that committee, Alan Smith, has been told to find another club as United won’t allow a £3million-a-year star to sit on the bench or not be involved.

Popular goalkeeper Steve Harper, a distinguished long-time servant, is the other influential senior star and could face a battle with Tim Krul for his place next season.

Pardew was adamant he wanted to keep Nolan and sort out a new deal for him. His power to deliver on private promises will now be questioned.

While Newcastle, led by Llambias’ tough negotiating style, thought their offers were generous and enough to secure Nolan long-term, they were only prepared to go so far as Pardew develops his own brand of fluid football.

Mixing up the dressing room dynamics at Newcastle is a gamble, but Pardew will want other players to take responsibility and step up.

United will continue to aggressively court top young players in their early 20s.

Blaise Matuidi, a tough tackling play-maker from Saint Etienne is on the radar as a major acquisition. United are moving in for Swiss international Tranquillo Barnetta of Bayer Leverkusen, who can play wide or in the centre.

Swansea left-back Neil Taylor will sign for £1million this week and a deal for free-agent former West Ham striker Demba Ba is close.

Newcastle are also hoping that Hatem Ben Arfa returns to fitness after his broken leg, that £5m France midfielder Yohan Cabaye, who has been handed £50k a week contract, is a hit and that Dan Gosling can make a breakthrough this season - significantly bolstering their the midfield ranks.

Barton, who wants to see out the last two years of his contract, added last night: "Club moving forward? Yeah, who knows.

"For me, you can’t build a house unless you have solid foundations. Some of the things that are going on at the football club makes you just question it a little bit.

“You’ve got to believe that the manager knows what he’s doing, that the chairman knows what he’s doing [and that] the owner knows what he’s doing.

"Time will be the teller of that.

"It would be easy for me to sit here and say I don’t agree with this or that, but they could be doing the best moves ever and it’ll only be in 12 months' time or 18 months' time will we know that.

“At the end of the day, it’s their football club and they’ve invested a lot of money into it.

"The people who will be hurting in the situation are the same people who will always be hurt - the fans.

“There are players like myself, and hopefully the players they bring in, that want to achieve the level of success that the fans demand.

"I think the manager wants it, I’d be surprised if the owner and chairman didn’t want it.

"We all need to be in the same boat rowing in the same direction. Hopefully that’ll be the case whenever the first game starts.”

@Christmas Tree:It sounds like a lot of shit is going on within your club! Your club is too big for this childish games and it is making your beloved club look silly. Why don't the owners realize that it is the fans that make a club and they should listen to us...they need us more than we need them. Someone else would come along and take over Newcastle in a shot if Mr Sports Direct decided to stand down.

I don't think you can assume that the situation at West Ham will mean he will automatically bring the qualities that we have seen. It was a pretty unique set of circumstances at Newcastle and one where strength came from adversity amongst a group of players with something to prove. The rebuilding job might be a bit trickier there.

I don't think you can assume that the situation at West Ham will mean he will automatically bring the qualities that we have seen. It was a pretty unique set of circumstances at Newcastle and one where strength came from adversity amongst a group of players with something to prove. The rebuilding job might be a bit trickier there.

Yeah i can understand where your coming from there mate. I have trust in Sam and his tactics. He will use his sports science support system and hopefully get the best out of our players. One thing about West Ham is that we have good players, but Grant and Zola did not have the managerial know how to make most of these players. I believe that Sam will accomplish this as he is a really smart bloke.

Some of the starting lineups and tactics that Grant was making last season left West Ham fans brainfucked. That is why we finished bottom of the league and it might actually turn out to be our saving grace. We are given a chance to clear out a shit load of our deadwood and start from fresh. I think our pay role was in the top 6 of the premiership and we was relegated....how does that work out? That was down to our former owners putting people on silly money and then leaving us in a crisis. Things can only get better from now on and it is looking even better than most West Ham fans imagined.

@Christmas Tree:It sounds like a lot of shit is going on within your club! Your club is too big for this childish games and it is making your beloved club look silly. Why don't the owners realize that it is the fans that make a club and they should listen to us...they need us more than we need them. Someone else would come along and take over Newcastle in a shot if Mr Sports Direct decided to stand down.

Some of, the minority on this board, dont totally agree with that viewpoint.

We have looked silly for quite a few years paying mega wages to the useless Mark Vidukas and Alan Smiths of this world and many many more. A calamity jane of an owner true, but one who at least seems to be finally bringing some order back to the club.

Most of us will judge this window once it is finished but quite a few realise that we've probably had the best out of Nolan. He played well in the championship in a pretty decent side, playing decent football. How he will fare two years later in a poorer side with the destroyer of football as manager......

I will wager if you pop back onto this forum in August we will all be very excited and very confident about the season ahead.

We have looked silly for quite a few years paying mega wages to the useless Mark Vidukas and Alan Smiths of this world and many many more. A calamity jane of an owner true, but one who at least seems to be finally bringing some order back to the club.

Most of us will judge this window once it is finished but quite a few realise that we've probably had the best out of Nolan. He played well in the championship in a pretty decent side, playing decent football. How he will fare two years later in a poorer side with the destroyer of football as manager......

I will wager if you pop back onto this forum in August we will all be very excited and very confident about the season ahead.

I'll be back mate. I have had a blast here Tonight. And I will let you lot know when I have made my post that contains your posts for which we can expect from Nolan.

Once Again....Thanks a lot for the response and I really hope everything works out for your beloved club. Just because of Tonight, I will most probably keeping 1 eye on Newcastle to see how they are doing and another eye on Swindon Town to see how Paolo Di Canio is getting along with his first management job.

Take care you lot and good night!

I'll be back mate. I have had a blast here Tonight. And I will let you lot know when I have made my post that contains your posts for which we can expect from Nolan.

Once Again....Thanks a lot for the response and I really hope everything works out for your beloved club. Just because of Tonight, I will most probably keeping 1 eye on Newcastle to see how they are doing and another eye on Swindon Town to see how Paolo Di Canio is getting along with his first management job.

Typical southern kid canni take the pace, has a shandy for bed. ;)

Shandy? A bit too strong for me mate! I am in the process of heating up my hot chocolate and might even treat myself to a few hob knobs!

Yeah i can understand where your coming from there mate. I have trust in Sam and his tactics. He will use his sports science support system and hopefully get the best out of our players. One thing about West Ham is that we have good players, but Grant and Zola did not have the managerial know how to make most of these players. I believe that Sam will accomplish this as he is a really smart bloke.

Mate we played some awful football under Fat Sam. Plus as I recall the defeatist tactics in some matches were just terrible - hanging on for a draw from the kick off and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece. iirc we even managed to lose to Derby City in a season where they were wupped by everybody and in fact got the lowest points total in PL history. He bought some rubbish players like Alan Smith and Geremi and I remember that when Fat Sam was sacked the new coaches were shocked at the conditioning of the players - so much for the sports science approach which needed legions of extra staff apparently.

I know some people rate him and said he didn't have long enough with us, but we didn't have a great experience with him. So I wouldn't be that trusting in the man.

Shandy? A bit too strong for me mate! I am in the process of heating up my hot chocolate and might even treat myself to a few hob knobs!

....after you've knocked one out over the fantasy channel freeview, obviously.

Mate we played some awful football under Fat Sam. Plus as I recall the defeatist tactics in some matches were just terrible - hanging on for a draw from the kick off and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece. iirc we even managed to lose to Derby City in a season where they were wupped by everybody and in fact got the lowest points total in PL history. He bought some rubbish players like Alan Smith and Geremi and I remember that when Fat Sam was sacked the new coaches were shocked at the conditioning of the players - so much for the sports science approach which needed legions of extra staff apparently.

I know some people rate him and said he didn't have long enough with us, but we didn't have a great experience with him. So I wouldn't be that trusting in the man.

Oh man...that was the last thing I wanted to read just before i go to bed. Oh well lets hope he does not do the same at our club. I seriously cannot imagine him being even close as bad a Grant. He has also made a good start considering the fact he is still on holiday! At this rate he should stay there as it might work out better for us!

....after you've knocked one out over the fantasy channel freeview, obviously.

Took the typing right out of my fingers!

Oh man...that was the last thing I wanted to read just before i go to bed. Oh well lets hope he does not do the same at our club. I seriously cannot imagine him being even close as bad a Grant. He has also made a good start considering the fact he is still on holiday! At this rate he should stay there as it might work out better for us!

Well it could work out OK, especially given he's effectively starting from scratch with you. But I think he's a moany bullshitter (and nothing is ever his fault), so I've never liked the man.

Good luck anyway ;)