Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

i wouldnt get ya spats in a tangle .

nobody is worth 10k a day. acknowledged .

scenario - if you weren't jimmy hill pressing for higher wages for footballers, who would you be, and what you think players should be paid ? top Prem wages-wise..

What other clubs do is not my concern.

Newcastle should pay their players less than half of turnover.

I would be proud gof the club if it paid maximum 5,000 a week to an individual player - even if it meant getting relegated.

;)

Sounds like you should go and support scunthorpe if pride in watching players on that kind of money is so important to you nick, you freak of nature.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . what i can't work out is why 10p mix-ups still cost 10p ?

cos there's only two things in the bag now

the inside of the bag being one

the other your disappointed hand?

LTB's hand is always disappointed

;) . was about to go with "peering eye" but y clearly trumped us !

a'higher than an eye you say . . hand . .

Sounds like you should go and support scunthorpe if pride in watching players on that kind of money is so important to you nick, you freak of nature.

By that logic, you should support one of the Manchesters or Chelsea.

Anyway, I'm very happy with Newcastle. They finished 8 places above their spending. Just the kind of success I like. Of course, it was ultimately a let-down, because we were so close to finishing 9th, so I felt bitterly disappointed. I would have been utterly delighted had we finished 9th. However, once the disappointment has begun to fade, finishing 8 places above spending position is absolutely excellent.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Once again mate. I seriously can't imagine Sam being as bad as Avram Grant. There was times that I wanted to eat my monitor due to his subs or LACK of tactics. There was many times where if his Plan A did not work. He would not have a Plan B! There was also times where you, me and dupree could see that the opposition was going to score any time soon due to them being all over us, the West Ham fans would be screaming at him to make a change but.......no change... well not till after they have scored anyway.

Derby County 1 Newcastle United 0

Being the only team to lose to Derby that season doesn't tell all of it - a mate of mine was there and reckons its the worst display of football he's ever seen (and bearing in mind we've seen a few other dismal games including Colchester 1 - Leicester 1 that season, featuring a 3-5-2 with midfield of left-back right-back right-back carl cort right-back, where everyone gave up watching the match and started watching the fireworks going on in the park behind the ground ) and could easily have been 4 - 0 instead of the bunkering in for a 0-0 that was intended.

Anyway, I'm very happy with Newcastle. They finished 8 places above their spending. Just the kind of success I like. Of course, it was ultimately a let-down, because we were so close to finishing 9th, so I felt bitterly disappointed. I would have been utterly delighted had we finished 9th. However, once the disappointment has begun to fade, finishing 8 places above spending position is absolutely excellent.

If that's what you call a success and that's a morning glory for you, then there's no point in you giving two fucks when it comes to Newcastle. Football is about winning trophies and getting to finals, seeing special games. Nothing to do with effectively beating your financial constraints.

If that's what you call a success and that's a morning glory for you, then there's no point in you giving two fucks when it comes to Newcastle. Football is about winning trophies and getting to finals, seeing special games. Nothing to do with effectively beating your financial constraints.

I don't know if there's any point or not, but I do anyway. It affects my mood enormously. And even though there are times when I actually wish I didn't care that much, I quickly remember that when we do well, the feeling is so great, that it's worth the pain when we do badly.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Nail on head.

Since we're on the subject of what we consider football is about, this is what I think:

Football is about having heroes on the pitch who have a certain degree of cameraderie. Refusing to play for the club unless you are paid 50,000 has nothing to do with true football, in my opinion. That's why I believe chairmen have a moral right and duty to refuse to pay it, and I applaud any board that does that, but when it's my club doing it, it's an added bonus.

Since we're on the subject of what we consider football is about, this is what I think:

Football is about having heroes on the pitch who have a certain degree of cameraderie. Refusing to play for the club unless you are paid 50,000 has nothing to do with true football, in my opinion. That's why I believe chairmen have a moral right and duty to refuse to pay it, and I applaud any board that does that, but when it's my club doing it, it's an added bonus.

as long as ive got a hole in me arse its not gonna happen Nick - deal with it .

(the wage thing that is . not the hole in me arse)

Nick now furiously praying you have a colostomy.

;)

Nick now furiously praying you have a colostomy.

;)

hey - no laughing matter lugging this thing about .

canny in winter though .

Bobby, it already has happened. We finished far higher than our expenditure. That is the whole point, for me.

i do see where youre coming from, but was more meaning in football generally . as much as i agree with the principle its too 'eutopian' to hope for it to transpire surely ?

you wanna know something wierd i was on fifa 11 tonight and i put all the sold players up for sale kuqi cambell and i put nolan up for sale the rest left but nolan didnt go. then after the second transfer window in january i got a offer and guess who offered to buy him he was valued at 12 and a half