Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol sorry its just it really freaked me out i mean with nolan worth over 12 million on fifa 11 you would of thought the bigger teams would of got him

Bobby, it already has happened. We finished far higher than our expenditure. That is the whole point, for me.

i do see where youre coming from, but was more meaning in football generally . as much as i agree with the principle its too 'eutopian' to hope for it to transpire surely ?

Bobby, I have no interest in anything transpiring to other clubs. Let Man City spend all that money, let Chelsea spend all that money, and I hope they're very happy.

But I'm much happier now that I've started dividing on-pitch achievements by money spent. I have achieved a state of mind, whereby I have no interest in my club being bought by someone who is clearly seeking some sort of self-confirmation, which I find very sad.

In short, money no longer matters to me in football, since I will always divide on-pitch achievement by money spent.

And I'll do this, even if I'm the only person on earth to do it. Though I'm not so sure I am. Why were Burnley fans so much happier than Man U fans, in 2009, when Burnley won promotion and Man U won the league. Why were Everton fans as loud as Chelsea fans at the cup final that same year, despite Everton losing? Maybe the nature of things is simply that people always demand success relative to what their club spends, which is what I'm doing. Who knows?

What a load of horse shit

What I consider to be horse shit is when a whole fan base can jump for joy collectively when someone sad but rich decides they need an ego-massage and buy the club. However, as Chelsea fans have proved, the ridiculous happiness wares off after less than a decade.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

The fact that you were rather we were relegated from the top flight whole spending league one wages instead of seeing us spend a bit of money and compete in the premiersip says it all about your aspirations. I can't believe anyone wouldn't want to see us invest more and compete for titles. A measure of success in this game is trophies and days out at wembley - not the misery of relegation. The bullshit you're spouting is so silly I'm convinced you don't really believe it. You're looking for a bite and I'm falling for it.

Dr. Gloom, get stuffed.

Tom, yes, Arsenal pay stupid wages, so this severely dents their honorability. However, you can't knock their FEE frugality.

Really ???

Their average wage is £50,289 per week.

Liverpools is £48K btw (that was before Carroll/Henderson but with Torres).

Edited by Toonpack

What a load of horse shit

What I consider to be horse shit is when a whole fan base can jump for joy collectively when someone sad but rich decides they need an ego-massage and buy the club. However, as Chelsea fans have proved, the ridiculous happiness wares off after less than a decade.

It's always been that way though Nick, the most successful clubs have also tended to be the richest. There's just a bigger gulf between rich and poor now and the only way to bridge the gap is with a gazillionaire owner.

The fact that you were rather we were relegated from the top flight whole spending league one wages instead of seeing us spend a bit of money and compete in the premiersip says it all about your aspirations. I can't believe anyone wouldn't want to see us invest more and compete for titles. A measure of success in this game is trophies and days out at wembley - not the misery of relegation. The bullshit you're spouting is so silly I'm convinced you don't really believe it. You're looking for a bite and I'm falling for it.

me too :blush:

It's always been that way though Nick, the most successful clubs have also tended to be the richest. There's just a bigger gulf between rich and poor now and the only way to bridge the gap is with a gazillionaire owner.

I know it's always been that way. And I know the gulf has got wider.

I don't see your point.

But I do know that I don't find it particularly impressive when a club spends lots of money and consequently win a trophy. I find it impressive when a club exceeds its outlay, regardless.

I don't see your point.

But I do know that I don't find it particularly impressive when a club spends lots of money and consequently win a trophy. I find it impressive when a club exceeds its outlay, regardless.

Do you enjoy the company of men? :blush::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::D :D :icon_lol:

I don't see your point.

Do you enjoy the company of men? :blush::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::D :D :icon_lol:

Some men, yes.

I don't see your point.

Some men, yes.

Well obviously, you're not a slut.

I don't see your point.

Only men that don't spend more than 60% of their take home pay on him. He doesn't like to be spoiled. Why spend money on a diamond ring when Nick can have have a sore one for zip?

So where you foaming at the mouth when we were in the Champions League and spending more money?

Yes, I enjoyed it very much. But plenty of people agreed with that fool Freddie when he sacked Bobby after finishing 5th in the league and taking us to a European semi-final in the same season. I was very much against the decision to sack Bobby. But if we had finished 9th this season, I would probably have been equally happy as I was with those performances, partly because I've adopted this new way of looking at things, AFTER Bobby's time in charge.

• 2 weeks later...
Because it's a load of bollocks, he has just finished the season with over 10 goals from midfield. If we were flogging him he would get more interest than West Ham. So Allardyce is there? Means fuck all.

I will eat my own bollocks if Nolan signs for West Ham this summer :o

I'll hold you to that mind! :crylaughin:

Yeah about that eat my own bollocks thing.... :gettin::crylaughin:

• 1 month later...
Kevin Nolan: I was heartbroken to leave Newcastle

Published 22:50 30/07/11 By Paul Smith

Kevin Nolan admits he was heartbroken to leave ­Newcastle.

And as he looked back at his shock departure the midfielder showed no mercy ­towards the Toon hierarchy.

He said: “I envisaged ­spending the rest of my ­career at the club.

“I was settled, happy and I adored the supporters.

“I was captain of a huge club and played with a smashing group of lads I had untold respect for.

“But ultimately I was forced out because I lost trust in key people at the club and when you lose trust in people it’s almost impossible to ­regain it.

“From January and shortly following the sale of Andy Carroll to ­Liverpool, I was involved in ongoing discussions about signing a new contract ­between four and five years.

“I discussed the deal at length with managing ­director Derek Llambias and even shook hands on it.

“In my book when you do that man-to-man you expect them to see it through.

“But what we talked about and what they finally offered me was laughable. They did a U-turn on what we agreed They showed me no ­respect. I felt totally betrayed.

“Then they had the nerve to claim I rejected a new contract. What contract? A deferred option to increase my deal by 12 months with a bonus that hinged on the ­success of the team on the pitch the following season.

“Perhaps I was just naive. I thought I had a good relationship with the board.

“But when it all came to a head in the summer I knew my time was coming to an end.

“I had given the club everything but they didn’t want to give me anything in return, just broken promises. I ­simply couldn’t work with people like that. There was no way back for me.”

:o

I'm not really arsed as long as Cabaye does the business, and we move to a more possession based game. Giving Nolan such a contract would have been mental anyways.