Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Clearly just another in the long line of players trying to deflect their own failures onto the faultless club; tiresome really.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly just another in the long line of players trying to deflect their own failures onto the faultless club; tiresome really.

Aye, all these parasites fucking the club over, thank God we've got people like Llambias fighting our corner.

subtle.

I think there is more to Nolan's departure than meets the eye.

Granted he has a longer contract than he would have got with us.

Is he on the same wage scale or better, or taken a cut to cement the longer contract?

But dropping down a level is not what a premier league player normaly wants to do.

To me, his departure reeks of contact with his former boss at Bolton, his former boss at Newcastle, and now his current boss at West Ham, SAM ALLARDYCE.

I think Nolan and Allardyce missed each other at SJP by a few months, almost unbleiveably he was signed by Joe Kinnear.

He got a pay rise (50k a week?...dont quote me on that mind) and a five year deal, which was probably the deciding factor in the deal

He shouldnt have been offered that sort of deal by NUFC (his legs have gone, no doubt about that) but there shouldve been a compromise to reward his efforts in the previous 2 seasons, you know,the sort of thing that well run football clubs tend to do... :o

Was about a year iirc. Allardyce left in the January (I think) and Nolan came in the transfer window the following January. What a wonderful year that was.

While not doubting the truth of what Nolan says about Llambias bread and Ashley, he didn't do his argument any legs by also stating what a misunderstood lad Carroll is, glassing people in the face aside.

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair, West Ham fans have no appreciation of their lowly station. They're a 15th-18th top flight club historically yet if they had Cristiano Ronaldo playing for them they'd moan. Shit club, shit fans, shit area, shit manager, shit ground, shit pubs round the ground, shit jellied eel shop opposite Upton Park tube. Shit District Line while I'm on shittest line on the tube.

f***ing hell, the only proper captain we have had since Lucas, and mugs are writing him off already. For f*** sake, have a good look at yourself and realise what mugs you slaters are looking.

5 games.

What have our fans become? Maybe we should take a good look at our own behavior before we start c***ing off which, let's face it, is a right coup of a signing.

Instead of blaming everybody else and his dog, maybe our 'fans' should actually SUPPORT our team before the cussing continues.

Personally, my opinion is, the only common denominator between this and last season is our sh*t home support. It's not a coincidence that we cant play at home. We can win away with no problem, but it is us c***s, the fans, that are making home matches a nervy atmosphere for the players, not the away.

Look at yourself people.

You're to blame with shitty playstation football education, that detracts the fantasy from the reality. Support your team or f*** off, you're bringing this club down. Not BFS, not the board, but YOU.

Take responsibility and sort it out ffs.

Tbf he was lucky he scored so many goals for us or we would have been saying the same. In fact we were after his first few games

Best natural finisher the club has had since Micky Quinn.

Tbf he was lucky he scored so many goals for us or we would have been saying the same. In fact we were after his first few games

Best natural finisher the club has had since Micky Quinn.

Aye. Just not in their natures to leave any of their tea. :razz:

While there's an element of truth in that, he did score that many goals for us (did it two seasons running too) so it's a moot point.

If Nolan turns out to be total gash for WHU, it doesn't negate what he did in his time here. I think a group of people pulling together and helping each other can enable those involved to ahieve things beyond their capabilities as an individual unaided. We had such a group at the club, comprising of Chris Hughton, Kevin Nolan, Steve Harper and several others; this came into place during the CCC season. There was the the spanish-speaking trio, Colo, Enrique and Jonas, as another example. There was an atmosphere of mutual respect and focus at the club which manifested into results and performances on the pitch. Team spirit basically, or whatever you want to call it.

It's too early to say for sure, but I would posit that that spirit has been corrupted and now torn apart by something toxic and sinister. This has come from the boardroom down. Perhaps it won't affect performances and results enough for us to end up in a similar state to when we were relegated, but it's a constant battle to prevent that.

If Nolan turns out to be total gash for WHU, it doesn't negate what he did in his time here. I think a group of people pulling together and helping each other can enable those involved to ahieve things beyond their capabilities as an individual unaided. We had such a group at the club, comprising of Chris Hughton, Kevin Nolan, Steve Harper and several others; this came into place during the CCC season. There was the the spanish-speaking trio, Colo, Enrique and Jonas, as another example. There was an atmosphere of mutual respect and focus at the club which manifested into results and performances on the pitch. Team spirit basically, or whatever you want to call it.

It's too early to say for sure, but I would posit that that spirit has been corrupted and now torn apart by something toxic and sinister. This has come from the boardroom down. Perhaps it won't affect performances and results enough for us to end up in a similar state to when we were relegated, but it's a constant battle to prevent that.

Well said.

We did write Nolan off during the relegation season, and to be fair he was shit, but who wasn't? He was a panic buy who was managed by an alcoholic clown on a sinking ship. He will do the business for WHU, I have no doubt.

@KSA: Whatever could you mean? Lee Ryder tweets that team spirit is great!!!!1!!!one!!

Interesting that Allardyce is whinging about 'too much pressure at home.' He peddled the same shite when he was here. If he can't handle managing a team with vocal home support then he's going to really struggle when he goes off to fulfill his dream of managing Real Madrid...

The refusal to back Hughton and his subsequent dismissal was the most disgraceful decision of Ashley's ownership imo.

Did Hughton once lie to the fans? He was a great ambassador for the club, besides the way he managed to galvanise the squad. As a fan, it was great to see a decent and respectable manager as opposed to Souness, JFK, Sam Allardyce, and Pardew who have all been an embarrassment.

Speaking of Pardew, his appointment is a great example of the toxic forces at the club in action. You take a man who didn't once misle the fans, and wanted to keep together a squad which appeared to have potential, and he is replaced by a world-class bullshit merchant. Every statement he makes with regard to the club I greet with cynicism. I can't speak for the majority of fans who frequent St. Jame's, perhaps it's not something that bothers them particularly, but for me the loss of Hughton has been a major downer. It's been downhill from there.

The refusal to back Hughton and his subsequent dismissal was the most disgraceful decision of Ashley's ownership imo.

Did Hughton once lie to the fans? He was a great ambassador for the club, besides the way he managed to galvanise the squad. As a fan, it was great to see a decent and respectable manager as opposed to Souness, JFK, Sam Allardyce, and Pardew who have all been an embarrassment.

Speaking of Pardew, his appointment is a great example of the toxic forces at the club in action. You take a man who didn't once misle the fans, and wanted to keep together a squad which appeared to have potential, and he is replaced by a world-class bullshit merchant. Every statement he makes with regard to the club I greet with cynicism. I can't speak for the majority of fans who frequent St. Jame's, perhaps it's not something that bothers them particularly, but for me the loss of Hughton has been a major downer. It's been downhill from there.

Totally agree with you again. I thought even with a little bit of backing Hughton had the potential to do really well here. I think it was apparent, however, that he wasn't going to get an extension to the deal he was on. Even so, the sacking and its timing were pretty shameful.