Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

Gardner as a replacement for Nolan is a good move.

Cabaye as a replacement for Barton is a good move.

Sulejmani as a replacement for Jonas is a good move.

Only thing is, that wouldnt expand the squad and thats what we need.

I anticipate a VERY busy summer ahead.

i don't see how it would it be a good move to get rid of three of our senior players and replace them with those three. two are totally unproven at this level, having never played in the premiership.

a busy summer is fine as long as we don't lose key players. we need to improve the squad in terms of numbers as well as quality. we can't lose nolan, jonas, barton and enrique on top of carroll. even if they're all replaced, there's no guarantee it will be with better quality. plus when they get injured we'll still be relying on dross/kids. the only outgoings should players that should be nowhere near the side like perch, guthrie and lovenkrands. if we ship out our first choice players, another season of mid table medicority beckons.

I kind of agree but at the sme time, I would say Jonas is not proven in the Prem either, he may have played in it for two full seasons but that dosn't mean he is actually any good!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never rated Nolan, so not arsed he's leaving.

Barton and Smith are his buddies, so I expect them to follow. Barton will be missed, but easily replaced.

Pre-season hasn't started so any talk of dressing room unrest is unfounded.

Exactly.

People jumping on the negatve train again...its laughable really.

IF.....he and other arent replaced with quality however, thats a different matter all together but im confident we will bring in quality and be stronger come the start of the season.

Who's to say that these lads wont fit in? Who's to say they wont adapt well and we will be better for it?

How can you not be negative about this? We have taken 12 goals out the team. Thats a MASSIVE amount.

Add to that boards incompetence, then I see no reason at this stage to be positive.

Edited by Holden McGroin

According to twitter there is an overseas player at St James today having talks.

According to twitter, you talk out of your arsehole. Am I to put money on that too? :lol:

According to twitter there is an overseas player at St James today having talks.

According to twitter, you talk out of your arsehole. Am I to put money on that too? :lol:

:lol:

Who is this mug cwarr07 he's blocked me the prick, for questioning who he is and his sources.

I come home, hoping to see some movement on us bringing more players in.

Instead I hear that we're selling our captain and top scorer to a fucking Championship team for no doubt nowhere near enough money.

Absolutely diabolical news. Disgusted. What kind of message does this send out?

Who is this mug cwarr07 he's blocked me the prick, for questioning who he is and his sources.

I just started following him about 10 minutes ago.

His first tweet:

#nufc will be a better team without Nolan, the club are bringing in quality players, wasn't Nolan part of the squad that got us relegated?

He hasnt got a fucking clue.

The pure joy that is the ignore button. :lol:

Good old Leazes melting his keyboard with no doubt negative post after negative post.

Shame he wasnt so active in the Cabaye thread.

Sad old man.

canny CT like, when he's completely and utterly proven to be an utter dick, and he will be in time, he's going to claim all those wildly optimistic posts he made [shared by jaysouthernmag, deano and Toonpack] were only done to "wind me up"

If Nolan wanted to stay he should have agreed to a shorter contract, going to West Ham smacks of taking the money, which is of course, is absolute right and Ashley needs to get as much in as he can. Remember Nick Butt blowing out of his arse after 50 minutes?, Smith sitting on the bench picking up 55k a week? Don't want Nolan doing that in 3 years time when he's fucked

As for Barton saying he wants to stay, well sign a contract and prove it and not one that ties the club to you til you are 34. Remember he got paid for being banged up and while he served various bans. I know he's been a big improvement the last two seasons but come on, a bit of loyalty maybe??

Players show very little regard for honouring contracts and want everything on their terms and Ashley isn't allowing it, guess time will tell if he's right or wrong but I'm pretty sure we won't have players in their 30's going through the motions and picking up a fat wedge.

As for Jose the way he has handled it is shocking, either sign or ask to leave. I would love him to sign a new deal BTW but 22 mil for him and Jonas, yes please considering Jonas is worth 5m max

the thing that worries me the most about this is if barton and enrique go. that's the spine of the team gone. you can't make wholesale changes overnight and expect a smooth ride. continuity and stability are key - you need evolution, not revolution, particularly when you're taking about key senior players.

still moaning when you have what you wanted :lol:

Good old Leazes melting his keyboard with no doubt negative post after negative post.

Sad old man.

canny CT like, when he's completely and utterly proven to be an utter dick, and he will be in time, he's going to claim all those wildly optimistic posts he made [shared by jaysouthernmag, deano and Toonpack] were only done to "wind me up"

Stop bringing me into your arguments you sad old twat and as for winding you up, trust me I've got better things to do than try and bait an old fool like you

I have mixed feelings about this like, we rejected a 3mil offer for him last week so im presuming the agreed fee will be about 4mil but why not disclose it?

If it is 4mil then i guess we are getting our money back on a player whos 2 years older than we signed him. His goals and influence on the team have been of massive important and his wages since he's been here are the price we've paid. Worth every penny. Getting 4mil back for him IS a good deal when he is 29.

My worry is and especially after Bartons comments on twitter that he, Jose and Jonas will follow suit.

That in itself worries me as it disrupts a pretty settled side...BUT...if we get good fee's for these players and reinvest them wisely then i dont see it being much of an issue.

Yes we will have to change our style and it will take time for the new lads to fit in but it fits the FMA model of a younger and cheaper squad which can progress and increase in value.

Obviously i'd of loved Nolan to stay and for us to keep JB, Jose and Jonas but they are all on huge wages, Jose doesnt seem commited and Jonas has had his fair share of doubters so as long as we replace with quality im not bothered.

Gardner as a replacement for Nolan is a good move.

Cabaye as a replacement for Barton is a good move.

Sulejmani as a replacement for Jonas is a good move.

Only thing is, that wouldnt expand the squad and thats what we need.

I anticipate a VERY busy summer ahead.

Alledgedly 3yr deal with option for a 4th at £50K a week

It's not about the money though.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

That's a shock. You two being all for it.

So a bloke that gets 18 goals two seasons ago in the 2nd division, gets 12 last year in the PL and a player who was one of, if not the best captains I've seen in my lifetime at the club is sold. A player with 2 years still on his contract who absolutely did not need to be sold, regardless of any unwillingness to give him another contract, he was here and he plays/ed a massive part in the new work ethic to our players. There's no other way of looking at this without shaking your head. He didn't have to be sold. Absolutely pathetic decision, in fact, the best I could possibly say if I was one of the fucking jokers who, rain or shine, blow smoke out of the regimes arse no matter what, is that it's a gamble that could pay off. It's a totally unnecessary gamble but there you go. Being a supporter though I just look at an influential player being sold when he shouldn't have been. Pathetic decision.

I can't really sum up my feelings any better than this. Absolutely shocking decision, possibly the worst yet by the mugs in charge of our football club.

If Nolan wanted to stay he should have agreed to a shorter contract, going to West Ham smacks of taking the money, which is of course, is absolute right and Ashley needs to get as much in as he can. Remember Nick Butt blowing out of his arse after 50 minutes?, Smith sitting on the bench picking up 55k a week? Don't want Nolan doing that in 3 years time when he's fucked

As for Barton saying he wants to stay, well sign a contract and prove it and not one that ties the club to you til you are 34. Remember he got paid for being banged up and while he served various bans. I know he's been a big improvement the last two seasons but come on, a bit of loyalty maybe??

Players show very little regard for honouring contracts and want everything on their terms and Ashley isn't allowing it, guess time will tell if he's right or wrong but I'm pretty sure we won't have players in their 30's going through the motions and picking up a fat wedge.

As for Jose the way he has handled it is shocking, either sign or ask to leave. I would love him to sign a new deal BTW but 22 mil for him and Jonas, yes please considering Jonas is worth 5m max

Spot on fella.

No great shakes losing them really. If they really wanted to stay they would sign a contract that worked for both us and them rather than just themselves.

Enrique has been a total cock about it all.

Jonas is a model professional iyam.

Sad old man.

Stop bringing me into your arguments you sad old twat and as for winding you up, trust me I've got better things to do than try and bait an old fool like you

but you do try, don't you ?

You're going to look like a right dick son, but you do in my eyes already, shame you are taking no notice of me trying to educate you and the others.

Alledgedly 3yr deal with option for a 4th at £50K a week

It's not about the money though.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

That's a shock. You two being all for it.

So a bloke that gets 18 goals two seasons ago in the 2nd division, gets 12 last year in the PL and a player who was one of, if not the best captains I've seen in my lifetime at the club is sold. A player with 2 years still on his contract who absolutely did not need to be sold, regardless of any unwillingness to give him another contract, he was here and he plays/ed a massive part in the new work ethic to our players. There's no other way of looking at this without shaking your head. He didn't have to be sold. Absolutely pathetic decision, in fact, the best I could possibly say if I was one of the fucking jokers who, rain or shine, blow smoke out of the regimes arse no matter what, is that it's a gamble that could pay off. It's a totally unnecessary gamble but there you go. Being a supporter though I just look at an influential player being sold when he shouldn't have been. Pathetic decision.

I can't really sum up my feelings any better than this. Absolutely shocking decision, possibly the worst yet by the mugs in charge of our football club.

Spot on - unless he requested the move because they offered more.

I dont know where to start with all this....

No, but we could have sold him next Summer. The fee is probably nominal so wouldn't change that much. Now it looks like we will be relying on untested foreign players to hit the ground running and suddenly gel with the other 6 players we need. Revolution not evolution.

I agree about the loyalty but we dont know the terms. They might have offered him £5k per week or just think he has burned too many bridges.

No, he is not allowing players to speak out against him and he doesnt want high earners in their late 20s. What happens when all these 24-25 year olds get "too old" in 3-4 years? Completely start again?

Its clear that Jose will never sign a new contract and that reason is Mike Ashley. Likewise with Barton and Nolan.

Spot on fella.

No great shakes losing them really. If they really wanted to stay they would sign a contract that worked for both us and them rather than just themselves.

Enrique has been a total cock about it all.

Jonas is a model professional iyam.

Yeah just a shame his end product is suspect at best and his scoring record is pretty shit although he is a great outlet for us and I like his hair when he runs too

Younger stock = Higher resale value.

We are being geared for a sale whilst trying to remain competitive and doing deals which are good for the clubs finances. Simples.

And you're OK with this?

I'm going to report your post for that word you've used there on the end of your post.