Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

No its not, they are both consistent with the idea that the player decides to stay or leave / accept or reject an offer. The club sold Nolan because he decided not to accept the new contract.

That's all you needed to say.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside whether you're on the keep him or sell him fence, the problem with the Nolan transfer and the probable Barton and Enrique transfer is that the catalyst is contract negotiations. It seems whatever game the board are playing is giving the same result; player turns it down and is sold. Dangerous game.

The other glaring and scary part of this is the role of Pardew. It really just backs up the theory that he has no control over players in and out.

Aye, it looks defo this is the case; maybe Parsnip has signed on as 'Coach' rather than manager? Which makes me wonder if LardAsh is, once again [as in the Wise case], listening to others about signings rather than his manager.

Putting aside whether you're on the keep him or sell him fence, the problem with the Nolan transfer and the probable Barton and Enrique transfer is that the catalyst is contract negotiations. It seems whatever game the board are playing is giving the same result; player turns it down and is sold. Dangerous game.

The other glaring and scary part of this is the role of Pardew. It really just backs up the theory that he has no control over players in and out.

Aye these two points pretty much nail it. The fact that whenever they open contract negotiations, they seem to break down has long term implications as well. This will extend to players coming in too, and it means that we can't sign proven quality because we won't pay them what they want. So we're left with signing "unproven quality" and hoping it comes good. Then in the rare event that we do sign a gem, it's back to the drawing board as soon as their contract comes up for renewal and they want an improved deal, talks break down, etc etc.

Really.......Tiote ;)

Aye these two points pretty much nail it. The fact that whenever they open contract negotiations, they seem to break down has long term implications as well. This will extend to players coming in too, and it means that we can't sign proven quality because we won't pay them what they want. So we're left with signing "unproven quality" and hoping it comes good. Then in the rare event that we do sign a gem, it's back to the drawing board as soon as their contract comes up for renewal and they want an improved deal, talks break down, etc etc.

Really.......Tiote ;)

Tiote would have signed initially on around £10k/week. His improvement will probably be [only] around £40k/week. Wait to see what happens if he progresses any further and wants a wage to match his worth.

Not the foundations for long term success. Not that that's a big surprise.

Yup. I'm on record as saying I would of sold Nolan this pre-season for footballing reasons..but what is going on behind the scenes means he was sold for political and money reasons first and foremost. If you want to run a successful football club then you by and large need a fairly decent team out on the park, and as usual the two twats running us have lost of sight of that factor AGAIN.

Pardew has players forced upon him, it all goes tits up by October, and out he goes as the scapegoat. Next desperate out of work manager rolled up and we start again.

Would be surprised to see Tiote still playing for us come the start of the season and beyond that - every transfer window.

Profit, profit, profit...

And Tiote's contract wasn't close to being up for renewal. The club acted (quite rightly tbf) to protect their asset / make as much money as possible this summer / January.

Well this is great news to come home to..

Just said to missus I was checking if we'd signed anyone.. Nope. But we sold our captain.

Fuckin' joke. I have said earlier that I thought Nolan would be the odd man out next season and probably won't be first choice. I was expecting however that the club would give Noddy the chance to prove that he deserves his spot first before that would happen.

How can we sell Nolan, not renew Barton's contract, yet Guthrie isn't going anywhere. If Guthrie gets anywhere near the first team next season you can take that as concrete proof that we are fucked.

Tiote was given that contract extension straight away (how long had he been here when he was offered that) becuase the I reckon the club were surprised by just how excellent and influencial he was. I truly believe he could grace any side in this league, the board know that as well, which is why the contract extension makes his value sky high. I think he will be sold for a huge profit in January like. The fuckers.

Tiote was given that contract extension straight away (how long had he been here when he was offered that) becuase the I reckon the club were surprised by just how excellent and influencial he was. I truly believe he could grace any side in this league, the board know that as well, which is why the contract extension makes his value sky high. I think he will be sold for a huge profit in January like. The fuckers.

I've said January all along. CL teams looking to strengthen etc. Especially if we're looking fairly safe from the drop.

Yeh if he makes it to January expect...

''I can guarantee you 100% Tiote will not leave this football club'' Pardew

''It is with deep regret that Newcastle United have accepted Tiote's transfer request'' etc etc

I've said January all along. CL teams looking to strengthen etc. Especially if we're looking fairly safe from the drop.

This simply sums up everything in 'the plan'. I will be staggered if Tiote is here next summer.

Apologists will say he wasn't scoring enough or similar though. Cunts.

"It's been a bit of a whirlwind, but obviously once I knew that they wanted me, they have shown a certain hunger and desire to make sure I become a West Ham player," said Nolan.

"Having the chance to link up with Sam again is a massive thing and obviously coming to such a massive club is great for me. I'm very sad to leave Newcastle but I'm coming to another massive club in my eyes and hopefully I can start off and be as successful as I was there.

"I came to West Ham because of the tradition of the club and everything about it. I've always enjoyed playing here and there was also the chance of linking up with Sam and working with him again.

"The be all and end all was that the club actually wanted me and the owners put faith in me and have given me a security of contract. Now it's my time to repay them and hopefully I will do that."

If they don't get promoted this coming season it'll be interesting to see if he'll stay or if they can afford him. They got into trouble by deals like this for Lundberg (and maybe Dyer) so it's nice to see them learning their lesson.