Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a load of bollocks, he has just finished the season with over 10 goals from midfield. If we were flogging him he would get more interest than West Ham. So Allardyce is there? Means fuck all.

I will eat my own bollocks if Nolan signs for West Ham this summer :lol:

Munch, Munch, Munch :lol:

I think last season he had a purple patch (in terms of goalscoring) he's unlikely to repeat and I think he's limited as a player. That said he was a great skipper imo and played a big role in the team spirit. If (and it's a big if) he is properly replaced (or if indeed Cabaye is a significant improvement on him) then I don't have a big problem with this. I do think Leazes has a point about getting rid of the likes of him and Barton (i.e. the 'heartbeat of the club') and bringing in players who don't really see us as more than a stepping stone. I also think the squad is a bit thin to start with.

Best time to cash in on him if he isn't going to get / sign a new deal like.

Edited by alex

My story has just been confirmed on Sky Sports 4fs, what a joke this club is. More than anything he is without doubt the club leader, as with everything at this club there really is fuck all logic to all of this. Well there is their logic and I fuckin hate it. I hope the fee is near £5m at least.

He* sort of alluded to it with comments about Nolan's importance and the importance of Nolan's getting a new contract.

*Barton that is.

Edited by alex

I think last season he had a purple patch (in terms of goalscoring) he's unlikely to repeat and I think he's limited as a player. That said he was a great skipper imo and played a big role in the team spirit. If (and it's a big if) he is properly replaced (or if indeed Cabaye is a significant improvement on him) then I don't have a big problem with this. I do think Leazes has a point about getting rid of the likes of him and Barton (i.e. the 'heartbeat of the club') and bringing in players who don't really see us as more than a stepping stone. I also think the squad is a bit thin to start with.

What he said.

My story has just been confirmed on Sky Sports 4fs, what a joke this club is. More than anything he is without doubt the club leader, as with everything at this club there really is fuck all logic to all of this. Well there is their logic and I fuckin hate it. I hope the fee is near £5m at least.

Factor in the Carroll money and it'll be a disgrace if there aren't some quality players coming in like.

not certain how i feel about this....................

I suppose i'll have to agree with Alex. If we get someone else in (Cabaye??) who is better then its a no brainer. However he is the club captain and is sure to be a big loss in the dressing room/behind the scenes.

"Sell your best players and replace them with relatively unknown ones that might be better" is a bad enough strategy, but I don't think we'll even be doing the "might be better" part.

This is an astonishingly bad idea. How much will we get for him? 5m? A relative drop in the bucket when in the hunt for a player of proven class, although it's good for buying 3-4 Perches or Williamsons.

"Sell your best players and replace them with relatively unknown ones that might be better" is a bad enough strategy, but I don't think we'll even be doing the "might be better" part.

This is an astonishingly bad idea. How much will we get for him? 5m? A relative drop in the bucket when in the hunt for a player of proven class, although it's good for buying 3-4 Perches or Williamsons.

Surely a younger player with a couple of French caps and who is a current French international fits the 'might be better' description.

Our lack of striking options pushed him into a more forward role and him floating behind a forward unmarked made this is best season for us. With Ben Arfa fit and other signings I could imagine his role being limited next season. As many have suggested, I think the biggest impact would be his apparent leadership and the hole that will leave. Also the timing is bad as these are the sort of players that would make the likes of Enrique think we are not looking to progress.

But like we keep saying, need to wait until the end of the window to judge. He needs to have some good answers though.

What he said.

Nolan was already out of the starting 11 for next season anyway. A big shame this, he's been a real hero based on what he has done over the last 2 seasons. No point in giving him a bumper new contract when he only makes the bench if everyone is fit.

Ashley clearly wants no one at the club with personality and opinions. He wants 15 Danny Simpson's happily surviving relegation on £15,000 a week. Another major organ taken from this club, will be just the skeleton left within a few years.

I think last season he had a purple patch (in terms of goalscoring) he's unlikely to repeat and I think he's limited as a player. That said he was a great skipper imo and played a big role in the team spirit. If (and it's a big if) he is properly replaced (or if indeed Cabaye is a significant improvement on him) then I don't have a big problem with this. I do think Leazes has a point about getting rid of the likes of him and Barton (i.e. the 'heartbeat of the club') and ringing in players who don't really see us as more than a stepping stone. I also think the squad is a bit thin to start with.

Bringing in players who aren't proven is my concern. As you say, Barton & Nolan are the heartbeat of the club - if these were fringe players going then I'd understand it but we were significantly inferior last season when those two didn't play.

The 'cashing in on him' line is starting to wear very thin as well where Mike Ashley is concerned. The squad is too thin and the priority surely still has to be players in the squad than cash in the bank?

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season