Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

West Ham are now owned by the people who ran Birmingham "like a business" and have just been relegated. Ironic. They are also run "as a business" and Kevin Nolan finds them more attractive than NUFC who are also now being "run like a business".

Work it out.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last season he had a purple patch (in terms of goalscoring) he's unlikely to repeat and I think he's limited as a player. That said he was a great skipper imo and played a big role in the team spirit. If (and it's a big if) he is properly replaced (or if indeed Cabaye is a significant improvement on him) then I don't have a big problem with this. I do think Leazes has a point about getting rid of the likes of him and Barton (i.e. the 'heartbeat of the club') and ringing in players who don't really see us as more than a stepping stone. I also think the squad is a bit thin to start with.

Best time to cash in on him if he isn't going to get / sign a new deal like.

Bringing in players who aren't proven is my concern. As you say, Barton & Nolan are the heartbeat of the club - if these were fringe players going then I'd understand it but we were significantly inferior last season when those two didn't play.

The 'cashing in on him' line is starting to wear very thin as well where Mike Ashley is concerned. The squad is too thin and the priority surely still has to be players in the squad than cash in the bank?

Agree about being unproven too and I think it's a risky long-term strategy (if it indeed is that) and probably one doomed to failure seeing as it's probably going to also have the proviso of 'value for money' attached to it. Having too much of a turnover of players is risky in itself too.

Not too fussed about this tbh. With him as the club captain, you have to play him. So its a position in the XI that is taken and he is really not that effective as a midfielder. Between him and Tiote, they had something like 2 or 3 assists between them.

I think the biggest problem with him is his lack of pace and his passing ability. He has the strength, but once he loses the ball, he has no chance of tracking back. We need more creativity from someone in this position.

Yes it will affect the team spirit but then again lets hope that it will still be there. We do need to break up this power house team of players who feel they have a say in the team organisation because it not good for Pardew. It does not allow him to put his own stamp on the team.

Finally if the money is good, then take it. He has not got that long left and if we got 3-4 mil for him then its more available for transfers. At the end of the day, we dont know what goes on behind the scenes and what attitudes these older players have towards the owner.

Good piece of business in my opinion.

Ashley clearly wants no one at the club with personality and opinions. He wants 15 Danny Simpson's happily surviving relegation on £15,000 a week. Another major organ taken from this club, will be just the skeleton left within a few years.

of course he does, until there is nobody left to sell, and Graham Carr's lucky dips in the transfer market have dried up.

Not too fussed about this tbh. With him as the club captain, you have to play him. So its a position in the XI that is taken and he is really not that effective as a midfielder. Between him and Tiote, they had something like 2 or 3 assists between them.

I think the biggest problem with him is his lack of pace and his passing ability. He has the strength, but once he loses the ball, he has no chance of tracking back. We need more creativity from someone in this position.

Yes it will affect the team spirit but then again lets hope that it will still be there. We do need to break up this power house team of players who feel they have a say in the team organisation because it not good for Pardew. It does not allow him to put his own stamp on the team.

Finally if the money is good, then take it. He has not got that long left and if we got 3-4 mil for him then its more available for transfers. At the end of the day, we dont know what goes on behind the scenes and what attitudes these older players have towards the owner.

Good piece of business in my opinion.

Served us well in the last two seasons tbf.

With everyone fit he doesn't get in the team.

Nolan can see that, Pardew knows that, FMA knows that. So it's in the interests of all parties to go their seperate ways. Nolan doesn't need to sit on the bench with his metabolism he'd be 18 stone by christmas.

I agree with Alex that he hit a purple patch last season.

I find it interesting that no other premier league team have bought him.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

West Ham are now owned by the people who ran Birmingham "like a business" and have just been relegated. Ironic. They are also run "as a business" and Kevin Nolan finds them more attractive than NUFC who are also now being "run like a business".

Work it out.

Well if they are gonna pay him 50k a week on a 3 year deal with an option of an extra year then good luck to them. People were saying last year his legs were going so what will he be like in 2 or 3 years?

Also, West Ham the same team who paid ALL Wayne Bridges 95k per week wages,lol. So as far as business goes that's bad business.

Let's see what happens next

Work it out.

Well if they are gonna pay him 50k a week on a 3 year deal with an option of an extra year then good luck to them. People were saying last year his legs were going so what will he be like in 2 or 3 years?

Also, West Ham the same team who paid ALL Wayne Bridges 95k per week wages,lol. So as far as business goes that's bad business.

see where we finish next season right ? Will the current transfer policy ever match the old one, that is the question. 4 years gone and counting.

Maybe he's being honest with himself and knows his level? Gets himself a well payed signing on fee and contract for it as well. If he has, then I've got a lot of respect for him.

I think he could still do a job here and has been said by others, was our top scorer for the past 2 seasons. If his level was championship football then surely he'd have crashed and burned last season?

I have no issue with Nolan. I'm concerned that the club made no attempt to keep hold of him - they don't seem bothered about running down contracts (i.e. Barton) so why the need to get rid now.

The fact that Pardew is making noises about wanting to keep him only makes it worse for me. Who's truly in charge of player recruitment at SJP?

Alledgedly 3yr deal with option for a 4th at £50K a week

It's not about the money though.

He would've been happy playing next season and even then he'd have had 12 months left on his contract this time next year. They've clearly told him to sign a new contract on reduced terms or fuck off. You ABSOLUTE clear and present bell end.

Journo's on twitter saying pardew wanted to keep him.

Taken out of his hands totally, yet another showing of the manager being undermined. Something drastic needs to happen to this pair, it's just a shame Viv Graham's dead.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Just on my way to Ascot, feel sick. #whatgoinonatthetoonffs

There's Barton off too then.

I hate to think that his commitment comes down to whether his mate is here or not.

Can I just point out to those who are blaming Ashley for this, Nolan has turned down a contract offer of four years. It is obvious that was for less money than west ham are offering hence the reason he wants to leave. He had a good season last year but is easily replaceable imo and since carrol left his productivity on the pitch took a huge dive cos the knock downs etc were not around for him to feed on which has been the main source of his goals over the last two years.

For me, I think if we bring in someone younger but still proven like gardner for a lower wage then it is not bad business. Especially if he is not happy at the club!

Work it out.

see where we finish next season right ? Will the current transfer policy ever match the old one, that is the question. 4 years gone and counting.

Sorry, not getting into that with you again

Keep it on topic old fella

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext