Smith to West Ham?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, did Pardew sign Dyer for West Ham. I know a lot of people don't like Dyer, but I'm not ignorant enough to see that on his day he's one of THE best players we've had in my life time. I saw him a few times last season for West Ham and he was mint really good. He's 32 and now out of contract, as back up I'd say look Kieron we'll give you £30k per game. Looks like Boro are ganna get him though.

No, Curbishley.

Smith must be the most unanimously loathed player we've ever had. Cant remember anyone sticking up for him at any point really. He was always overrated in his Leeds days IMO but once he had the injury at Man U he became utterly useless.

Smith must be the most unanimously loathed player we've ever had. Cant remember anyone sticking up for him at any point really. He was always overrated in his Leeds days IMO but once he had the injury at Man U he became utterly useless.

In all his time here I think I can only recall three people saying anything nice about him. All lasses. As a bloke he's a mug (see Rangers away), I bet he's soft as shite as well and he loves the hardman image, but the main thing is, what a thoroughly wank footballer he is. He hasn't got one attribute, like literally not one.

:gay:

There's always been the odd detested player. My mate almost goes purple faced when you mention a keeper called Steve Hardwick! (Just before my time). Mark 'Jason Donovan' Stimson was my first real loathed player that I remember off hand.

There's always been the odd detested player. My mate almost goes purple faced when you mention a keeper called Steve Hardwick! (Just before my time). Mark 'Jason Donovan' Stimson was my first real loathed player that I remember off hand.

Was Kevin Dillon for me, initially it was cos he a mackem captaining the toon, but then I realised he was also the slowest shittest player I'd ever seen. There was a saying round Newcastle for a while "you're a right Dillon you" and am sure it was inspired by his shiteness.

Was Kevin Dillon for me, initially it was cos he a mackem captaining theb toon, but then I realised he was also the slowest shittest player I'd ever seen. There was a saying round Newcastle for a while "you're a right Dillon you" and am sure it was inspired by his shiteness.

it could've been in reference to his specific form of rickets that would've rendered him useless at catching a chicken in a hallway , or their woeful finishing ability .

My vote in the personally detested (Owen romps it so is excluded) goes t the bong-eyed greasy tragedy of a unit Marcelino , with a latter-day Babayaro pushing for pole .

Dillon used to get a chance a game. Was a scoring midfielder but never scored that season. He was doomed as he was a mackem and also got into scrap with Peter Jackson a year or two before that when he was a Portsmouth player where they both got sent off. Rob Mcdonald comes to mind as well. According to the Chronicle he was an ex athletic sprinter as a kid when he signed! :gay: He was fucking shit.

aye, Dillon definately became a bit of a scapegoat n probs shot his head confidence-wise ?

Frank Pingel became a prospect that went same way (albeit he actually WAS wholly poor in his role)

Every time he was set t shoot used t be a mumble of 'here w gan - 3 t wigan' in reference to his ability to put the ball into an uncannily accurae tragectory towards the top of the scoreboard .

Was Kevin Dillon for me, initially it was cos he a mackem captaining theb toon, but then I realised he was also the slowest shittest player I'd ever seen. There was a saying round Newcastle for a while "you're a right Dillon you" and am sure it was inspired by his shiteness.

it could've been in reference to his specific form of rickets that would've rendered him useless at catching a chicken in a hallway , or their woeful finishing ability .

My vote in the personally detested (Owen romps it so is excluded) goes t the bong-eyed greasy tragedy of a unit Marcelino , with a latter-day Babayaro pushing for pole .

At least with losers like Marcelino, Luque etc we didn't have to see them actually play that often. Just seeing Smith and Butt's names in the starting line up time after time over those few seasons was soul destroying.

I don't think that's accurate, quite the opposite. A lot of people were sticking up for him all the time on the basis that he works hard and 'always gets stuck in'. I remember it well because it pissed me off right from the moment we signed him.

In all his time here I think I can only recall three people saying anything nice about him. All lasses. As a bloke he's a mug (see Rangers away), I bet he's soft as shite as well and he loves the hardman image, but the main thing is, what a thoroughly wank footballer he is. He hasn't got one attribute, like literally not one.

not that i'm one to rake up old misdemeanours but i remember alex saying he was a good signing when we got him :gay:

Edited by Dr Gloom

I don't think that's accurate, quite the opposite. A lot of people were sticking up for him all the time on the basis that he works hard and 'always gets stuck in'. I remember it well because it pissed me off right from the moment we signed him.

same same. i could never get all the fuss about him. he was a striker that couldn't score goals, or a midfielder that couldn't tackle, or pass. all for a bargain £60K per week (cheers fat sam :gay: )

i don't even think he's scored a competitive goal in his time with us has he?

Guest alex

I thought he'd be a canny player for us in all honesty. How wrong I was. He wasn't even particularly good in the Championship and Nolan actually got a new lease of life when Smith got injured allowing Guthrie to play in CM.

I heard about this a few weeks ago from an old work mate. He's a West Ham fan and says he would do them good in the CC. Especially as they are certain to lose Parker.

Id be happy with 1mil for him and his wages off the book. That would be a saving of about 3.5mil in wages!!

I think personally though that unless AS will take a substantial cut in wages in return for 1st team football, its most likely to be a loan deal with a % of wages paid by both parties.

Aye and start of last season (Championship) he was raved about, lynch pin of the side. I don't mind Alan Smith at the end of the day, it's not his fault he got offered £50k a week coming back from an horrific injury, he has put in some failry decent displays in centre midfield albeit a few shockers and all but he tries hard and means well. Much better than Nile fucking Ranger, shola etc in that respect!

Guest alex
Honestly can't see him going anywhere like. £60k a week ffs :gay:

It would have to be a deal that involves us paying a portion of his wages.

Could only see him going to a Championship side though (ability-wise) and I can't see them paying even £10k a week which would mean us picking up a bill of over £50k a week for someone we can't even pick in an emergency.

Honestly can't see him going anywhere like. £60k a week ffs :icon_lol:

Could only see him going to a Championship side though (ability-wise) and I can't see them paying even £10k a week which would mean us picking up a bill of over £50k a week for someone we can't even pick in an emergency.

When i was having bother with the ticket office last week, I thought about how much money me and my mates have put into the club for them to fuck us about so much. 7 of us with season tickets for over ten years had to be loads I thought....then i realised the total of those ten years of matchgoing wouldn't pay 50% of Smith's wage for one week.

:icon_lol: i shouldn't laugh but that's a pretty accurate description. we can't even play him when we're down to the bare bones, he's that bad, and at the same time, he's picking up 60k per week. got to be up there in the canon of horror toon transfers. worse maybe even than the owens, marcelinos and luques - at least we were able to shift those in the end. smith might be our most expensive ever mistake. costing a fortune and so bad no other team will take him off us.

Guest alex

:icon_lol: i shouldn't laugh but that's a pretty accurate description. we can't even play him when we're down to the bare bones, he's that bad, and at the same time, he's picking up 60k per week. got to be up there in the canon of horror toon transfers. worse maybe even than the owens, marcelinos and luques - at least we were able to shift those in the end. smith might be our most expensive ever mistake. costing a fortune and so bad no other team will take him off us.

Especially if he was already out on loan :)

Especially if he was already out on loan :)

the way i misread that post is equally accurate, and painful. we can't afford to pick him in emergency when he's not out on loan....as the last home game of the season showed. he's a total fucking liability.

Edited by Dr Gloom