The Entertainers

loonyTOON

After reading the french article this morning that the Gervinho deal is nearly wrapped up, it has me thinking about who we have next season. Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Gervinho. Could this be the start of a new time for NUFC?

And also do you think that all this early movement will pursuade Enrique to sign?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entertainers are not back, but it looks as though Mike Ashleys motivation to do something with the club is back.

I quite like this new John smiths approach with regard to ageing players and deadwood and feel positive about the calibre of players we are trying to attract.

It would be interesting to know how much involvement Pardew is having in the incomings or how much it is Ashley backing the scouting team. Being a products man I could quite easily see him taking a "product" view with the players and therefore putting all his faith in "buyers" / scouts.

Pardew I'm sure has a hand in briefing the scouts about the type of players he is after.

I think possibly with Barton and Nolan, Smith and possibly even Harper, we are seeing Pardew dismantle the shop steward power base so that it is his team, his dressing room and his word that is law, regardless of how much spoke he may blow up their Arses in public.

One by one ther being picked off.

I quite like this new John smiths approach with regard to ageing players and deadwood and feel positive about the calibre of players we are trying to attract.

Pardew has basically said he wants both to stay - so he - again - looks like an utter moron because of those in charge.

Pardew has basically said he wants both to stay - so he - again - looks like an utter moron because of those in charge.

Crocodile tears me is beginning to think.

I think possibly with Barton and Nolan, Smith and possibly even Harper, we are seeing Pardew dismantle the shop steward power base so that it is his team, his dressing room and his word that is law, regardless of how much spoke he may blow up their Arses in public.

Re-fuckin-markable.

About a year ago you were blowing the smoke about how good it was that we had this very same "shop steward power base" at the time when that appeared to have some power and many of us were saying it was a bad thing.

Yet here we are a good while later and theres been no sign of any power struggle from the ranks yet you're saying its good to get rid.

You really couldnt make you up, you're a psychologists dream.

Its a well known fact, not hidden by the club and not some remarkable ITK that only a few select are privvy to that pardew is desperate to hold onto Barton and Nolan while its the idiots above that want rid.

Re-fuckin-markable.

About a year ago you were blowing the smoke about how good it was that we had this very same "shop steward power base" at the time when that appeared to have some power and many of us were saying it was a bad thing.

Yet here we are a good while later and theres been no sign of any power struggle from the ranks yet you're saying its good to get rid.

You really couldnt make you up, you're a psychologists dream.

Its a well known fact, not hidden by the club and not some remarkable ITK that only a few select are privvy to that pardew is desperate to hold onto Barton and Nolan while its the idiots above that want rid.

As usual you are wrong again :gay:

First of all. I haven't said I am glad to get rid of Barton or Nolan. In an ideal world they will stay.

A year ago I was giving the gang of four credit for our promotion season when the majority on here were saying it wasn't them, it was Hughton.

Here, I am merely pointing out what I think is going on with Pardew and the gang of four. You say he wants to keep them and it's all nasty Mike. :icon_lol:

It's possible, buts it's also quite possible that Pardew, as a new manager, desperate to prove himself, wants that Powerbase either out the way or broken up.

A year ago I was giving the gang of four credit for our promotion season when the majority on here were saying it wasn't them, it was Hughton.

You often say things like this but you never prove it.

You often say things like this but you never prove it.

The bottom line Tom is I always do, but each time Team Nasty pop up with a shot, some are so gullible that they just swallow it.

Relating to the gang of four above, surely you cant forget the whole "Aldershot" incident in the "Hughton sacked thread", where I was arguing promotion was mainly due to the gang of four and not Hughton.???????

Lets just revisit when it all started going so well, pre season after relegation. Statements like ..."us four players got together and decided to lay down the law and those who didnt agree could fuck off..... Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton.

Fuck me, were you at Hogwarts last season after the aldershot game when the famous gang of four took control?

I could drag up more but is there any point really....

An acknowledgement of your error would be refresshing Tom :gay:

When you use a phrase like 'majority' it normally implies you done some research on the general consensus at the time - show your workings C.T or you wont get good marks!

Guest alex

CT, in the Barton Contract thread you talk about Joey Barton's 'missing 3 years' at NUFC and now you're crediting him with being one of the major reasons we got promoted during one of those seasons. Tucked yourself right in there.

When you've credited EVERYONE and blamed EVERYONE then you have posts that suit all your needs really. It's the old Phil 'The Power' Taylor act.

You said Hughton's "tenure restored a lot of dignity to the club."

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&hl=hughton

You said it was "refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge."

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&hl=hughton

You said "he's gained the respect of the players, he's created a good club spirit and deflected the press well "

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726566

You said you were looking forward to being "led by a new generation of Hughton's entertainers." Very apt in this thread.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726610

And then you said you were over the moon he was sacked, that it was all the players that made the difference and you're heaping exactly the same praise on Pardew you'd give Hughton.

Do you not get dizzy spinning round so much?

not a fan of whats happening , i would be if we were keeping the tried and tested around at the same time , but it's pretty clear we are after low cost bargains with big sell-on potential .

were not being set up to win something , it's being setup for a sale

I would still attribute a lot of the credit to Hughton to be honest. The 'four' were playing a league below their level.

Thats very nice Tom but not the point we were talking about when you doubted my sincerity. :gay:

taxi drivers are all cunts :icon_lol:

CT, in the Barton Contract thread you talk about Joey Barton's 'missing 3 years' at NUFC and now you're crediting him with being one of the major reasons we got promoted during one of those seasons. Tucked yourself right in there.

I think, as usual, your eagerness to try and catch someone out, makes your posts weak at best.

Barton was quite clearly one of the gang of four who "took control" of the team / dressing room etc following relegation. His lack of playing had no effect on his lack of "management" off the pitch, as commented on many times, Himself and the other three.

:gay: