The Entertainers

loonyTOON

You need a really bitchy internet warrior streak. Experience of internet warrior behaviour preferred, however this can be taught fairly easily along with the ability to amend quotes to suit your argument. :gay:

I resent the insinuation here.

Not speaking for anyone else but I don't think I've been the least bit nasty about anything. I've not called you any names or misrepresented you. I've not come after you as you quietly go about your business posting on football matters. I try not to do that with Polish Nick, or Kevin or Besty or any of the others that invite a bit 'banter' onto themselves.

You've been harping on about being right about anything and everything that you blatantly flip-flopped on and you've been bragging about the classic games you've gone to.

All I've done is call you out on your own braggadocio.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a really bitchy internet warrior streak. Experience of internet warrior behaviour preferred, however this can be taught fairly easily along with the ability to amend quotes to suit your argument. :icon_lol:

Not speaking for anyone else but I don't think I've been the least bit nasty about anything. I've not called you any names or misrepresented you. I've not come after you as you quietly go about your business posting on football matters. I try not to do that with Polish Nick, or Kevin or Besty or any of the others that invite a bit 'banter' onto themselves.

You've been harping on about being right about anything and everything that you blatantly flip-flopped on and you've been bragging about the classic games you've gone to.

Well then best not to Mis-quote me. :gay:

You still havent posted the link btw to where I say I never liked Hughton?

I happily admit to a bad memory but I still dont recall saying that. Sure you'll post it now though and clear it up for me.

You need a really bitchy internet warrior streak. Experience of internet warrior behaviour preferred, however this can be taught fairly easily along with the ability to amend quotes to suit your argument. :icon_lol:

I happily admit to a bad memory but I still dont recall saying that. Sure you'll post it now though and clear it up for me.

I haven't misquoted you. Other posters have agreed that the supplementary text I left out for the sake of clarity in no way changed the tone of your orignal post.

I wouldn't suggest you've "never" like Hughton. Your opinion changes often. Tom's already shown this, but here's some of your posts on the bloke in chronological order if you're asking for more...

hughton out

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=679137

Not in favour of Hughton, in favour of the best available.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=680251

Ive said many a time on here his manerisms remind me so much of the Sir Bob. He is a breath of fresh air at Newcastle and everything we've needed. Even when comparing him with some of the favourites in recent times he doesnt play on the geordie fans or anything like that its just so playeded down and matter of fact.....Lovin him.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry804804

Im not saying Hughtons the next Wenger, but I will back him until its proved he is not capable.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=720135

If Ashley has no faith in Hughton and wants to push on, prior to the jan window, then he's made the right decision. For example, if Jol gets appointed this week and is given a decent budget for January then I and probably most Newcastle fans will look back on yesterday as a good decision. If its pardew......

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=818451

...the Hughton sacking (which I agree with)...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=897907

Like Chez says, a lot of peoples opinion of Hughton changed. The vast majority remained for the better though. Which is fair enough. You didn't think he should be here, then you did, then you didn't again. Always aligning yourself with those running the club....you've even managed to do it with Pardoo, whose appointment you had said would make a mockery of he Hughton sacking.

I haven't misquoted you. Other posters have agreed that the supplementary text I left out for the sake of clarity in no way changed the tone of your orignal post.

I wouldn't suggest you've "never" like Hughton. Your opinion changes often. Tom's already shown this, but here's some of your posts on the bloke in chronological order if you're asking for more...

hughton out

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=679137

Not in favour of Hughton, in favour of the best available.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=680251

Ive said many a time on here his manerisms remind me so much of the Sir Bob. He is a breath of fresh air at Newcastle and everything we've needed. Even when comparing him with some of the favourites in recent times he doesnt play on the geordie fans or anything like that its just so playeded down and matter of fact.....Lovin him.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry804804

Im not saying Hughtons the next Wenger, but I will back him until its proved he is not capable.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=720135

If Ashley has no faith in Hughton and wants to push on, prior to the jan window, then he's made the right decision. For example, if Jol gets appointed this week and is given a decent budget for January then I and probably most Newcastle fans will look back on yesterday as a good decision. If its pardew......

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=818451

...the Hughton sacking (which I agree with)...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=897907

Like Chez says, a lot of peoples opinion of Hughton changed. The vast majority remained for the better though. Which is fair enough. You didn't think he should be here, then you did, then you didn't again. Always aligning yourself with those running the club....you've even managed to do it with Pardoo, whose appointment you had said would make a mockery of he Hughton sacking.

that's a pretty comprehensive butt fucking

I love that HF can be arsed to do this stuff. CT has being talking shit and flip flopping on stuff since he turned up, but to see it laid out in black and white is a thing of beauty.

Thats the most salient point made in any assessment of your posts CT and its bang on the button. You're not contrary you're simply trying to bang the Ashley/Llambias drum and appear that way because they dont have a clue and bounce from one extreme to the other.

I wouldn't suggest you've "never" like Hughton.

But you did bonny lad, you did :)

I'll take your lack of a link as an admission of an error on your part. Im a forgiving soul so no worries.

I wouldn't suggest you've "never" like Hughton.

But you did bonny lad, you did :)

I'll take your lack of a link as an admission of an error on your part. Im a forgiving soul so no worries.

New readers could take the pounding you're getting as bullying. Especially when you complain about how "nasty" we all are.

The post above was for their benefit more than yours.

I forgive you too CT. :no

New readers could take the pounding you're getting as bullying. Especially when you complain about how "nasty" we all are.

I forgive you too CT. :icon_lol:

As was mine dear boy, as was mine. :gay:

(Not that many new readers will ever dip their toes in the posting waters of this board for fear of Team Nasty).

I forgive you too CT. :icon_lol:

As was mine dear boy, as was mine. :gay:

(Not that many new readers will ever dip their toes in the posting waters of this board for fear of Team Nasty).

this team nasty thing's joke right?

Thats the most salient point made in any assessment of your posts CT and its bang on the button. You're not contrary you're simply trying to bang the Ashley/Llambias drum and appear that way because they dont have a clue and bounce from one extreme to the other.

You'd hope it's a paid by the word deal and not per sensible post, type arrangement tbh.

NEWCASTLE United appear to be keen to break player power at St James’ Park after Kevin Nolan joined Joey Barton in contract limbo.

With Alan Smith told he should look for a new club this summer as he will not be a regular starter next year, Newcastle could potentially lose three of the players committee which played such a big role in the club’s return to the top flight under previous manager Chris Hughton.

Should Barton be forced to leave – a real possibility given the potential disruption he will cause if he stays for the final year of his contract – and Nolan also decides that the break down in contract talks is an insult he cannot ignore, only Steve Harper will remain of that committee.

The Journal understands that the club’s hierarchy were irritated by the fact senior players are willing to dispute their decision making, as well as the large amount of power they carry at the training ground when it comes to first-team affairs.

Although Chris Hughton was sacked in December and replaced by Alan Pardew, the new manager has sensibly worked with the senior players rather than fought them.

However, despite his public assurances he will get Barton and Nolan to stay, Pardew does not play any part in contract negotiations and is not involved in the arguments and rows which have broken out behind the scenes, despite the successful conclusion to last season.

Nolan, who is 29 and not blessed with pace, rejected the club’s offer of a two-year extension to his current contract a fortnight ago because it was too heavily reliant on incentives to give him the financial package he wanted.

A source close to the former Bolton Wanderers star insisted last night that “there is no sign of a resumption in talks”.

The United skipper had initially insisted he wanted a new five-year package, adding three years to the two he has left to run on his existing deal.

But The Journal has been told this was just a negotiating stance in the belief he would get a deal which tied him to United for the next four years.

Newcastle, though, are steadfastly refusing to be lumbered with players over 30 on lucrative long-term contracts, and have broken off talks with Nolan’s representatives in an echo of the Barton breakdown a fortnight ago.

It is another worrying development, particularly as Nolan is skipper and hugely influential on and off the pitch.

Like Barton, he is popular with supporters and likely to win the public relations battle, regardless of whether his demands are reasonable or not given the club’s refusal to speak in public.

Newcastle supporters are likely to endure yet another ‘will he, won’t he’ saga following similar problems with a new contract for Steven Taylor last summer, as well as the breakdown over Barton.

Although Barton and Nolan have repeatedly suggested that they want to sign new deals, both have rejected the offers made to them as the board refuse to be bullied in negotiations.

And, while the club’s recruitment drive appears to be going reasonably well, even if none of their targets have actually signed yet, the prospect of losing Barton – and a disgruntled Nolan – will concern many.

Fuck me right again :gay::icon_lol::):no

Get another notch on that board Mr ChezGiven.

Once again, CT discussing the relevant points of the day and setting the media agenda while Team Nasty snipes from the sidelines. :lol:

The new manager has sensibly worked with the senior players rather than fought them.

However, despite his public assurances he will get Barton and Nolan to stay, Pardew does not play any part in contract negotiations and is not involved in the arguments and rows which have broken out behind the scenes, despite the successful conclusion to last season.

Fuck me right again :icon_lol::):no:lol:

Get another notch on that board Mr ChezGiven.

Once again, CT discussing the relevant points of the day and setting the media agenda while Team Nasty snipes from the sidelines. :lol:

I thought you said Pardew was putting his own stamp on the dressing room :gay:

Guest alex

It's easy to be 'right' when you cover all your bases though. About a fortnight ago you were saying you were pretty sure Barton would sign a new deal and Nolan would soon follow. :gay:

I wouldnt give either of them long term contracts without significant clauses. Either one could be off to the knackers yard in the next 2 seasons, nevermind 4 or 5. When Ben Arfa signed last year, everyone was wondering if Hughton would have the balls to drop Nolan. That pressurised decision never really became an issue last year but will this year. Gervinho is better than Barton out wide because he has pace, strength and is a good finisher and crosser of the ball, Ben Arfa is a better no.10 than Nolan. Its not that straightforward when you think about it.

Re: CT's stance on things, its important to have a bit of a devil's advocate going on, both for the health of the debate and the interest of the forum. Who gives a shit, its just a messageboard. If everyone thought the same, you could just write a piece of software which filled in the thread content. You wouldnt have to type, just press return and an algortithm would put the words up for you.

But it wasnt over just yet.

As he kicked open the saloon doors, he noticed Alex, desperately clinging to his lower leg.

He turned, grabbed him by the scruff of the collar and and thrust his face towards the latest tweet from Chief Sports writer for the North East, Mark Douglas.

So Barton, Nolan & now Smith facing uncertain futures.IE, the entire 'player committee' that hauled NUFC back from the brink post-relegation

With that, he mounted his stallion and rode off into a warm, gorgeous sunset.

Guest alex

As he kicked open the saloon doors, he noticed Alex, desperately clinging to his lower leg.

He turned, grabbed him by the scruff of the collar and and thrust his face towards the latest tweet from Chief Sports writer for the North East, Mark Douglas.

So Barton, Nolan & now Smith facing uncertain futures.IE, the entire 'player committee' that hauled NUFC back from the brink post-relegation

That's a history re-write / lazy journalism to neatly fit into the current situation though. The press at the time of the relegation season / post Aldershot (sic) / after we'd got promoted all listed the 'player committee' as being Nolan, Smith, Butt and Harper. Barton was never mentioned then due to his uncertain future at the club and peripheral involvement during that season. Find a contemporaneous report from that season listing Barton as one of them. You won't find one.

That's a history re-write / lazy journalism to neatly fit into the current situation though. The press at the time of the relegation season / post Aldershot (sic) / after we'd got promoted all listed the 'player committee' as being Nolan, Smith, Butt and Harper. Barton was never mentioned then due to his uncertain future at the club and peripheral involvement during that season. Find a contemporaneous report from that season listing Barton as one of them. You won't find one.

Even less reason to keep him or worry about dismantling the 'spirit' then?

Guest alex

I'm merely highlighting an inaccuracy tbf. Which is all I've done in this thread. Perhaps you should be telling that to CT. He's the one who recently claimed Barton was the most important player at the club by a 'country mile' :rolleyes:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry861850

Edited by alex

I'm merely highlighting an inaccuracy tbf. Which is all I've done in this thread. Perhaps you should be telling that to CT. He's the one who recently claimed Barton was the most important player at the club by a 'country mile' :rolleyes:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry861850

And still thinks he is :D

Edited by Christmas Tree

New avatar for you Tex

gay-cowboy-xxxl-tee_design.png