The Entertainers

loonyTOON

A year ago I was giving the gang of four credit for our promotion season when the majority on here were saying it wasn't them, it was Hughton.

When you've credited EVERYONE and blamed EVERYONE then you have posts that suit all your needs really. It's the old Phil 'The Power' Taylor act.

You said Hughton's "tenure restored a lot of dignity to the club."

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&hl=hughton

You said it was "refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge."

You said "he's gained the respect of the players, he's created a good club spirit and deflected the press well "

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726566

You said you were looking forward to being "led by a new generation of Hughton's entertainers." Very apt in this thread.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726610

And then you said you were over the moon he was sacked, that it was all the players that made the difference and you're heaping exactly the same praise on Pardew you'd give Hughton.

Do you not get dizzy spinning round so much?

Oh dear even Happys joined Team Nasty :icon_lol:

You say I said. "it was refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge".

I actually said. "it would be really nice if Hughton can make the grade. I know they say nice blokes come last, but it would be so refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge.

Quite a difference. Shame on you :no If you fiddle things like this to score a point, surely it brings your whole Ashley blog into question? :)

Oh Dear :gay:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're boring. You only post when you're posting something contrary to popular opinion even if you're contradicting yourself.

Say no more.

You're boring. You only post when you're posting something contrary to popular opinion even if you're contradicting yourself.

Say no more.

Oh dear :gay: run along with your ball little lad.

I dont usually call people, get proved wrong and not have the good decency to apologise. Manners Tom, manners. Takes a big man and all that..... :icon_lol:

Ok then - Have you any proof whatsoever at all of Barton's involvement ''behind the scenes'' in the Championship season.

Any quotes on his ''leadership'' or ''management' or even anything at all to suggest he adopted any senior role?

Probably not. It's just opinion and you don't even know your own half the time which is why you're the forum joke and nobody values what you have to say.

As I say, boring.

I just think the whole CT thing is weird, it's like he gives his account to his kids as some sort of plaything between seasons.

A year ago I was giving the gang of four credit for our promotion season when the majority on here were saying it wasn't them, it was Hughton.

When you've credited EVERYONE and blamed EVERYONE then you have posts that suit all your needs really. It's the old Phil 'The Power' Taylor act.

You said Hughton's "tenure restored a lot of dignity to the club."

You said it was "refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge."

You said "he's gained the respect of the players, he's created a good club spirit and deflected the press well "

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726566

You said you were looking forward to being "led by a new generation of Hughton's entertainers." Very apt in this thread.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=726610

And then you said you were over the moon he was sacked, that it was all the players that made the difference and you're heaping exactly the same praise on Pardew you'd give Hughton.

Do you not get dizzy spinning round so much?

Oh dear even Happys joined Team Nasty :icon_lol:

You say I said. "it was refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge".

I actually said. "it would be really nice if Hughton can make the grade. I know they say nice blokes come last, but it would be so refreshing to have a man of his ilk in charge.

Quite a difference. Shame on you :no If you fiddle things like this to score a point, surely it brings your whole Ashley blog into question? :)

Oh Dear :gay:

Apologies CT.

Clearly you never rated Hughton.

Guest alex
CT, in the Barton Contract thread you talk about Joey Barton's 'missing 3 years' at NUFC and now you're crediting him with being one of the major reasons we got promoted during one of those seasons. Tucked yourself right in there.

I think, as usual, your eagerness to try and catch someone out, makes your posts weak at best.

Barton was quite clearly one of the gang of four who "took control" of the team / dressing room etc following relegation. His lack of playing had no effect on his lack of "management" off the pitch, as commented on many times, Himself and the other three.

:gay:

The fact the senior players in question were Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, Kevin Nolan and Steve Harper seems to nullify that point of yours a little.

Ok then - Have you any proof whatsoever at all of Barton's involvement ''behind the scenes'' in the Championship season.

Any quotes on his ''leadership'' or ''management' or even anything at all to suggest he adopted any senior role?

Probably not. It's just opinion and you don't even know your own half the time which is why you're the forum joke and nobody values what you have to say.

As I say, boring.

girl_crying.jpg

Say no more.

Oh dear :icon_lol: run along with your ball little lad.

I dont usually call people, get proved wrong and not have the good decency to apologise. Manners Tom, manners. Takes a big man and all that..... :)

Ahem…

CT, in the Barton Contract thread you talk about Joey Barton's 'missing 3 years' at NUFC and now you're crediting him with being one of the major reasons we got promoted during one of those seasons. Tucked yourself right in there.

I think, as usual, your eagerness to try and catch someone out, makes your posts weak at best.

Barton was quite clearly one of the gang of four who "took control" of the team / dressing room etc following relegation. His lack of playing had no effect on his lack of "management" off the pitch, as commented on many times, Himself and the other three.

:gay:

The fact the senior players in question were Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, Kevin Nolan and Steve Harper seems to nullify that point of yours a little.

Team Contrary

Im afraid Monkey its all a bit tedious and repetitive and regardless of what I "prove" correct, Team Nasty just go off on another tangent.

As usual I make a comment about Pardews possible motives with regard to Nolan, Barton, Smith etc (The power base of senior players).

Rather than adding to the debate Penelope Peasepud storms in with a crock of shit about how Im saying "its good to get rid of them". A blatant lie. I didnt say that. I only questioned whether that could be Pardews motive.

I try to explain this in the next post.

Tom then basically accuses me of lying about praising the gang of four.

I quote him posts where I have said it.

He's still not happy because I have put the links in to the quotes. So I do.

Tom then tries to change the subject.

Alex tries to look clever / fails

Happy face then mis-quotes me.

Tom runs home crying

And on and on and on........

All I did was make a simple post about Pardews possible motives.......Team Nasty jumped in.

If you want to discuss it any further, discuss it with Tom. Bored.

The most embarrassing part is that CT actually believes his own horseshit and further than that carries on like he's some sort of visionary. :gay:

...and :icon_lol: at the way in which he attempts to be patronising.

A little bit special.

"Team Nasty"? :gay: Honestly, this is a grown man. :lol:

Wahey! House! :icon_lol::):no:lol:

Genuine question CT, why do you think so many people, (those you dub Team Nasty) think you contrary?

I mean, you've admitted that there are times you post stuff and then contradict yourself at a later date. If I cared more I'd find the post, but I definitely recall you saying this. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind because of new information, or simply clarification of old information. Yet you repeatedly suggest one viewpoint, only to later on suggest another.

Can you understand why people find you frustratingly contrary?

not a fan of whats happening , i would be if we were keeping the tried and tested around at the same time , but it's pretty clear we are after low cost bargains with big sell-on potential .

were not being set up to win something , it's being setup for a sale

I think this is spot on. The fun and pleasure of owning a football club is long gone for Ashley. It's just business with him now, and given that NUFC is unlikely to ever be profitable in its own right it makes sense that he's positioning it to be sold at some point. He'll probably lose money on it, but if he can see it through to being a financially stable, consistent PL team it will be a more attractive proposition than the basket case he tried to sell before. If he wanted to win something, he'd have seen we held on to Carroll and built a team around him. By re-investing the cash (wisely he would hope) it should be possible to assemble a team which will be competitive and stable in the PL for the near future, and if he's lucky turn up another Carroll to cash in and help the bottom line.

Rather than adding to the debate Penelope Peasepud storms in with a crock of shit about how Im saying "its good to get rid of them". A blatant lie. I didnt say that. I only questioned whether that could be Pardews motive.

I try to explain this in the next post.

Tom then basically accuses me of lying about praising the gang of four.

I quote him posts where I have said it.

He's still not happy because I have put the links in to the quotes. So I do.

Tom then tries to change the subject.

Alex tries to look clever / fails

Tom runs home crying

And on and on and on........

All I did was make a simple post about Pardews possible motives.......Team Nasty jumped in.

If you want to discuss it any further, discuss it with Tom. Bored.

Jesus wept man, do you kick blokes out of your taxi in the dead of night for not agreeing with you?

Team nasty ffs

Clearly however you were intimating that you agree with moves to remove Nolan and Barton when you started off your post with

I quite like this new John smiths approach with regard to ageing players and deadwood and feel positive about the calibre of players we are trying to attract.

In a post where you then go on to talk about Barton and the "Gang of Four" of which you were clearly wrong on who these 4 were, as pointed out by Team Nastys centre back Alex...the utter cunt that he is, storming in and highlighting fundamental defects in your argument. :gay:

I've never come across anyone with such a desperate need to constantly prove he was "right" about something. Very very strange behaviour.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=916194

They'll be insufferable when Ashley has us back in te champions league. :gay:

That random post generator still needs a bit of work. That one was nearly relevant.

At worst I selectively quoted you in one of four examples. You blatantly had a hard-on for Hughton.

It's worse watching you squirm than it would be if you just embraced the fact you change your mind. Nothing whatsoever wrong with changing your mind. Would be interesting to understand the reasons why though. In the absence of any reasons I can only assume it's because you're contrary.