High Earners

peasepud

so in the meantime we'll just opt out of competing ? :rolleyes:

As was mentioned a few weeks ago [by sniffer?], if clubs exist on resources only, will Ashley speculate with the resources or the Halls and Shepherd ?

Doesn't change the fact that you and numerous others are hiding behind a move of the goalposts because you called it spectacularly wrong re the ex owners, or else we have qualified for europe even once in the past 4 years and I blinked and missed it.

The club is in decline, it is a selling club again, like it or not, that is the truth, and it is the current owner who has eroded the fanbase and revenues that is causing it.

Utter fictional deluded rubbish, from start to finish :D:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was mentioned a few weeks ago [by sniffer?], if clubs exist on resources only, will Ashley speculate with the resources or the Halls and Shepherd ?

Doesn't change the fact that you and numerous others are hiding behind a move of the goalposts because you called it spectacularly wrong re the ex owners, or else we have qualified for europe even once in the past 4 years and I blinked and missed it.

The club is in decline, it is a selling club again, like it or not, that is the truth, and it is the current owner who has eroded the fanbase and revenues that is causing it.

so when exactly have we "done better than Fred", with 4 years gone already ? Stick to the facts.

Obviously, if you don't go to games, the perception may be flawed, but just stick to the facts, starting with the above question ?

September 1st will be here before you know it by the way.

I've already linked posts from you that supported the spending of the club back in 2005 at the time ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Why Alan Smith ?

Indeed.

What about Alan Shearer ?

Are you comparing them? :rolleyes:

We'd be in a better position without Alan Smith on the books and more likely to sign someone (anyone) if he fucks off.

Why Alan Smith ?

Indeed.

We'd be in a better position without Alan Smith on the books and more likely to sign someone (anyone) if he fucks off.

but your overall view on the overall transfer strategy is what exactly ?

ManU would have been better off if they hadn't signed Veron, but it didn't stop them signing Rooney, so I don't really get what you're driving at ?

so when exactly have we "done better than Fred", with 4 years gone already ? Stick to the facts.

Obviously, if you don't go to games, the perception may be flawed, but just stick to the facts, starting with the above question ?

I've already linked posts from you that supported the spending of the club back in 2005 at the time ?

Not getting on the roundabout no matter how much you want me to.

But suffice to say Fred's last year 13th and beyond skint, this year 12th and not skint.

Going to games is somewhat irrelevant to "perception" these days, especially as many attenders are half cut before they get there anyway and given you can see virtually every game live on line or on TV. I appreciate you can't comment on who's making good runs off the ball type stuff etc, but in the main little difference.

BTW you know why I don't go anymore, the same reason you "missed" time in the past.

I look forward to Sept 1st, it'll show where we're intending going.

Edited by Toonpack

But suffice to say Fred's last year 13th and beyond skint, this year 12th and not skint.

and the first 11 don't count :D ?

£152,000,000

Why Alan Smith ?

Indeed.

but your overall view on the overall transfer strategy is what exactly ?

ManU would have been better off if they hadn't signed Veron, but it didn't stop them signing Rooney, so I don't really get what you're driving at ?

That by 2015 Nolan will be as useful as Smith is now.

We should be spending the same as Shearer cost us on a striker this season, preferably a bit younger than Shearer was. That's not up for debate. It's what to do with the ageing players who want long contracts that is the dilemma.

For all Nolan and Barton are important to the team and the club as a whole i actually think it is correct what the club are doing by insisting on not giving them one last big contract.

Nolan has a 2 year contract and id be happy to let him go at the end of it. Id be offering Barton a years extension but nothing more.

Enrique is the most important contractual situation clearly...Arent we supposed to be getting an answer from him on Friday?

if Jose was gonna stay he would of said by now. I only want players that want to play for Newcastle all the rest can fuck off....VIDUKA,MARTINS,OWEN,GERIMI,DUFF,ETC

Jose has been great but there are talks that Barcelona are after him! Good luck Jose

From the chronny

Pardew will also be keen to sit down with his skipper Kevin Nolan after talks over a new contract broke down – leaving the ex-Bolton man facing an uncertain long-term future.

You have to laugh sometimes dont you. Been on 30,40, or 50 grand a week for the last 5-10 years poor bugger. His long term future is being a multi millionaire who will do the odd bit of punditry in-between nice little talk in numbers and golf at La Manga....ffs

Why would he necessarily become a pundit? Nolan of all people? Maybe a coach or something? I dunno, let's say he gets nothing, has a massive house, family and everything to look after (let's be honest he'll have spent the vast majority of his money) and a wee bit in the bank, by 40 he'll have spent most of that money if he retires at 32/33ish. He's also taxed shit loads (rightly so) out of that 30/40/50 grand. It's not all so simple. Seems stupid to us poor 'uns like but it's still hard

From the chronny

Pardew will also be keen to sit down with his skipper Kevin Nolan after talks over a new contract broke down – leaving the ex-Bolton man facing an uncertain long-term future.

You have to laugh sometimes dont you. Been on 30,40, or 50 grand a week for the last 5-10 years poor bugger. His long term future is being a multi millionaire who will do the odd bit of punditry in-between nice little talk in numbers and golf at La Manga....ffs

Why would he necessarily become a pundit? Nolan of all people? Maybe a coach or something? I dunno, let's say he gets nothing, has a massive house, family and everything to look after (let's be honest he'll have spent the vast majority of his money) and a wee bit in the bank, by 40 he'll have spent most of that money if he retires at 32/33ish. He's also taxed shit loads (rightly so) out of that 30/40/50 grand. It's not all so simple. Seems stupid to us poor 'uns like but it's still hard

Give over fella. :rolleyes:

£152,000,000

so the first 11 don't count ?

And you are happy to see us competing at the levels of Bolton and Blackburn etc ?

:rolleyes:

From the chronny

Give over fella. :lol:

You're right, because the guy has enough talent to get a job that doesn't just require driving a car around all day he shouldn't care about his future? Nerh shit point

Tbh, if people like Nolan haven't already got enough cash put away for the future then they deserve to end with nowt (I suspect he has though). He gets more in a week than most people earn in a year ffs.

Tbh, if people like Nolan haven't already got enough cash put away for the future then they deserve to end with nowt (I suspect he has though). He gets more in a week than most people earn in a year ffs.

course he has. They think they are entitled to it though because they don't know anything else [not Nolan personally here, just top footballers in general], and who's to say me or you wouldn't do exactly the same.

This has been discussed before mate, I think the PFA could and should play a big part in trying to restore some normality and responsibility to footballers wages.

There are a few things they could do, or try to do, but they wouldn't.

course he has. They think they are entitled to it though because they don't know anything else [not Nolan personally here, just top footballers in general], and who's to say me or you wouldn't do exactly the same.

This has been discussed before mate, I think the PFA could and should play a big part in trying to restore some normality and responsibility to footballers wages.

Gordon Taylor isn't really the man to do it like, is he?

Gordon Taylor isn't really the man to do it like, is he?

no, and neither is Red Nev

You reckon that they players' union would ever propose to cut its members wages off their own back?

There need to be pressure from FIFA/UEFA to make it ever work.

Edited by ewerk

You reckon that they players' union would ever propose to cut its members wages off their own back?

I'm thinking more in terms of contributing bigger percentages of income for distribution into funds to assist players further down the chain, which can indirectly spread money around among ALL members [thats how to dress it up and sell it anyway].

Or being paid on a game by game basis.

Both entail top players volunteering to be docked money, even though its highly unlikely that enough of the top players would do it and just as unlikely Gordon Taylor in his ivory tower would entertain the idea. They are supposed to represent all their members though, not just the highest earning 5-10%.

There isn't enough money to go round, the same scenario ie the elitism of the premiership now, which has led to clubs like Southampton and Luton being docked points and relegated. Clubs like this are part of football in England, Luton particularly should never have been thrown out of the league, they needed help not penalties. Its a disgrace.

Annual subs is something ridiculous like £100 p.a. across the board isn't it? Regardless of whether you play in the PL or the Conference as a full-time pro.

I'm thinking more in terms of contributing bigger percentages of income for distribution into funds to assist players further down the chain, which can indirectly spread money around among ALL members [thats how to dress it up and sell it anyway].

Both entail top players volunteering to be docked money, even though its highly unlikely that enough of the top players would do it and just as unlikely Gordon Taylor in his ivory tower would entertain the idea. They are supposed to represent all their members though, not just the highest earning 5-10%.

There isn't enough money to go round, the same scenario ie the elitism of the premiership now, which has led to clubs like Southampton and Luton being docked points and relegated. Clubs like this are part of football in England, Luton particularly should never have been thrown out of the league, they needed help not penalties. Its a disgrace.

Nice idea but again would have to be done on a European level. A lot of players are simply interested in their take home pay and an increase in subs will either see clubs paying higher wages or certain players opting to play abroad where they can get a larger take home salary.

Nice idea but again would have to be done on a European level. A lot of players are simply interested in their take home pay and an increase in subs will either see clubs paying higher wages or certain players opting to play abroad where they can get a larger take home salary.

Thats the catch 22 situation. If wages are less here then top players would seek employment elsewhere. However, we'd have less of a foreign influx and more English players would get a chance, thus providing more players for national team.