Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

I couldn't give a rat's arse (unlike Deaders). All the money for Premiership football is abroad in places like India and as soon as a telly is turned on over there "SportsDirect.com UK's number 1". We get MORE money at our disposal

It'll always be St James' to the fans as a few of you lads have made clear. I'd rather be a better side with a shit name, than a shit side with a good name

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't give a rat's arse (unlike Deaders). All the money for Premiership football is abroad in places like India and as soon as a telly is turned on over there "SportsDirect.com UK's number 1". We get MORE money at our disposal

It'll always be St James' to the fans as a few of you lads have made clear. I'd rather be a better side with a shit name, than a shit side with a good name

Perhaps you should dig oot yer tin hat, ye might be taking some flak ower remarks like that.

Stevie encouraging non-Geordie hate crime here iyam. OOT's likely to experience a huge spate of hair ruffling as a result of this rhetoric.

Well it's true. Honest to god in my social circle and people who care, peripheral people, randoms you chat to, fucking everyone, I know one person who respects Ashley, believe he's a good bloke and has the best interests of the club foremost in his mind. He happens to be one of me best mates, we've had many heated discussions about it. You come on here, you'd think it was a 50/50 split, and it's never geordies supporting him on here neither, Ireland, Stoke, fucking Brighton, London, rarely Newcastle other than silly old cunts like toonpack. Geordies like transparency and straight talking people, Ashley is the complete opposite of both, that's my theory, of course I'm not on about ALL OOT's but just read the likes of here and N-O. Keegan is absolutely idolised on Tyneside, idolised, go anywhere else in the country and he's laughed at, and that's the way it was for some on N-O and here when he left in 2008, I think that sums it up.

I dislike Ashley. I idolise Keegan. I am about as OOT as you can get.

As it happens the ludicrous anti-Keegan patter was the main reason I stopped going on N-O.

How much money do we get from SportsDirect's "sponsorship" again?

SouthernMag, perhaps you'd like to share with the board how much sports direct have paid NUFC for the advertising at the ground to date? The massive sign on the Gallowgate is in its 4th(?) season now, how much did they pay the club for that?

Perhaps you should dig oot yer tin hat, ye might be taking some flak ower remarks like that.

Well I couldn't. Newcastle United is more than just football now

I couldn't disagree more - I wouldn't change the name of St James' Park for any amount of money. I would rather play in the 4th division with the name St James' Park than strip away a part of what it means to follow Newcastle. What next for the right price, change the kit, change the name, change the location? Its all part of the same thing.

I support Newcastle because I love the the area and the people and the club is an expression and a representation of that love. Its about pride and tradition. I couldn't give a fuck about most of the players, they mean nothing to me, they are here today and gone tomorrow, most of them are paid mercenaries who ply their trade to the highest bidder. What counts is the name of Newcastle United and their brilliant supporters and the name of St James' Park is part of that representation and part of the wonderful history of the club and it should never be changed.

Its something that people like Ashley will never understand.

Source they got that from Gene?

some accountancy figures; heard it at one of the monthly Monday night meetings of NUFC Fans United.

didn't have a copy of it; either of those lads via twitter should know the score, or steve Wraith

Stevie encouraging non-Geordie hate crime here iyam. OOT's likely to experience a huge spate of hair ruffling as a result of this rhetoric.

Well it's true. Honest to god in my social circle and people who care, peripheral people, randoms you chat to, fucking everyone, I know one person who respects Ashley, believe he's a good bloke and has the best interests of the club foremost in his mind. He happens to be one of me best mates, we've had many heated discussions about it. You come on here, you'd think it was a 50/50 split, and it's never geordies supporting him on here neither, Ireland, Stoke, fucking Brighton, London, rarely Newcastle other than silly old cunts like toonpack. Geordies like transparency and straight talking people, Ashley is the complete opposite of both, that's my theory, of course I'm not on about ALL OOT's but just read the likes of here and N-O. Keegan is absolutely idolised on Tyneside, idolised, go anywhere else in the country and he's laughed at, and that's the way it was for some on N-O and here when he left in 2008, I think that sums it up.

How shithouse - you've gone too far now

Have attendances dropped this season since the name change or have they remained consistent?

Half price season tickets were sold prior to the name change.

So it hasn't decreased then.

i'm not at the next 2 homes games like (possibly 3 if Norwich beat Leicester)

I couldn't disagree more - I wouldn't change the name of St James' Park for any amount of money. I would rather play in the 4th division with the name St James' Park than strip away a part of what it means to follow Newcastle. What next for the right price, change the kit, change the name, change the location? Its all part of the same thing.

I support Newcastle because I love the the area and the people and the club is an expression and a representation of that love. Its about pride and tradition. I couldn't give a fuck about most of the players, they mean nothing to me, they are here today and gone tomorrow, most of them are paid mercenaries who ply their trade to the highest bidder. What counts is the name of Newcastle United and their brilliant supporters and the name of St James' Park is part of that representation and part of the wonderful history of the club and it should never be changed.

Give it a good decade and every team in the PL would've had their names changed by their owners. I WOULD do the same

Pipe down, Gemmill - you've got 30,000 posts more than me.

Have you ever felt natural light on your skin?

30k for the FA cup game v Blackburn. Crowds wouldve been sub 50k without the half price offer, as they have been since before relegation. Not that it proves or disproves anything. Crowds were dropping off in the middle of the last (3 year) deal from the club too when the ground was still called St James' Park.

Give it a good decade and every team in the PL would've had their names changed by their owners. I WOULD do the same

Pipe down, Gemmill - you've got 30,000 posts more than me.

Have you ever felt natural light on your skin?

Couldn't care less if every other team changes their name, I wouldn't change our name for any amount of money.

As it stands I'm not aware of any club at an existing ground who has changed their name - apart from York City's Bootham Crescent renamed the Kit Kat Crescent

Guest Your Name Here

What is a club without it's heritage? How many people would turn up to watch the current squad play for the Mike Ashley All Stars at a 60k seater arena in Killingworth?

That whole post was just...

wow.

Bitch, stay off that blow.

But go on, amuse me. How does us giving Sportsdirect free advertising give Newcastle United more money to spend?

Edited by citizenerased

This is the child who, since he got here has:

- Repeatedly referred to the fact that he works for Sports Direct, asked for a Sports Direct badge next to his name etc "Why does nobody hear me? I said 'I WORK FOR SPORTS DIRECT!'"

- Makes snidey comments about the city and its people

- Has had Meryl Streep as Thatcher as his avatar

- Now claims that this Sports Direct business at the ground is a good idea

All of it designed to wind people up on this board. It's been driving him round the twist that nobody's noticed him since he got here, despite his increasingly desperate attempts to get some attention. He's just a naughtly little southern wanker trying to get a rise out of what he sees as the inferior folk up north. I've watched him casting out even more obvious bait month after month, having a little laugh to meself at the fact that everyone just basically ignores him. Don't spoil that by rising to his bait now. This is his most obvious attempt at attention-seeking to date. If you ignore him, his attempts will get even more laughable.

"Poipe dahn, Gemmiww! Down't fackin give the gayme awayyy owld sahn!"

Cunt.

This is the child who, since he got here has:

- Repeatedly referred to the fact that he works for Sports Direct, asked for a Sports Direct badge next to his name etc "Why does nobody hear me? I said 'I WORK FOR SPORTS DIRECT!'"

- Makes snidey comments about the city and its people

- Has had Meryl Streep as Thatcher as his avatar

- Now claims that this Sports Direct business at the ground is a good idea

All of it designed to wind people up on this board. It's been driving him round the twist that nobody's noticed him since he got here, despite his increasingly desperate attempts to get some attention. He's just a naughtly little southern wanker trying to get a rise out of what he sees as the inferior folk up north. I've watched him casting out even more obvious bait month after month, having a little laugh to meself at the fact that everyone just basically ignores him. Don't spoil that by rising to his bait now. This is his most obvious attempt at attention-seeking to date. If you ignore him, his attempts will get even more laughable.

"Poipe dahn, Gemmiww! Down't fackin give the gayme awayyy owld sahn!"

Cunt.

Both barrels eh? can't argue with the intended target mind, bit of a nothing, isn't he?

What is a club without it's heritage? How many people would turn up to watch the current squad play for the Mike Ashley All Stars at a 60k seater arena in Killingworth?

Aye where do you draw the line? Name change? "Ah weww avva claabs are doin it and you want noo plyyuss eh?" You know what I used to watch Blue Star a lot when I was a youngun, I loved Blue Star they could've been a really decent club with investment. When me fatha started taking me they often got 2 and 3000 at the Wheatsheaf against Whitley Bay and Blyth, and in the FA Trophy. The support they had 88-92 they could've kicked on AT LEAST to the Conference, but I never felt the same again about the club when they changed the name to RTM Newcastle. 80 years history gone for a clarty 50k, things got worse and they moved to Kingston Park and the club had totally lost its' little bit of identity. It's now dead. I know it's probably a shit example, but when a clubs heritage is eroded it becomes less important, certainly does in my eyes, and we have a club here with as much identity as Manchester United, and one fat billionaire bastard thinks he has the right to alter things about the club which are 120 year old. Fucking shocking. I won't harp on about OOTs but for people who have lived in Newcastle they've grew up going to the town passing "St James'", and regardless about the argument that we'll always call it SJP, so fuck, officially that is not what it's called. What right has that classless cunt got to bastardise or past and our heritage?