Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Latest rumour is that the East Stands Newcastle United sign is coming down in favour of a SportsDirect@ St James' Park one. ^_^

Latest rumour is that the East Stands Newcastle United sign is coming down in favour of a SportsDirect@ St James' Park one. ^_^

Just to showcase the branding opportunity.

Edited by Happy Face

Whatever justification he has for selling players, reducing wages, investing on the cheap and replacing managers who are doing a great job, it's shit like this (if true) that shows his absolute disregard for what the fans think. No need whatsoever for it. In fact, it would be a particularly good PR move on his behalf to get rid of all the sports direct branding already in the stadium as an act of concilliation, because they are fully aware of the anger it provokes. Every season that they increase the SD presence in more garish ways is another slap in the face for fans.

If I was his PR I'd be advising him to subsidise the childrens wing they're closing at the RVI (is it?) or to match donations to the SBR foundation for a year....it comes to something when something like that is out of the question and all you hope for from the twat is to paint over a garish sign.

Whatever justification he has for selling players, reducing wages, investing on the cheap and replacing managers who are doing a great job, it's shit like this (if true) that shows his absolute disregard for what the fans think. No need whatsoever for it. In fact, it would be a particularly good PR move on his behalf to get rid of all the sports direct branding already in the stadium as an act of concilliation, because they are fully aware of the anger it provokes. Every season that they increase the SD presence in more garish ways is another slap in the face for fans.

If I was his PR I'd be advising him to subsidise the childrens wing they're closing at the RVI (is it?) or to match donations to the SBR foundation for a year....it comes to something when something like that is out of the question and all you hope for from the twat is to paint over a garish sign.

The cunt would spend more on one night on gambling than he would on worthy North East causes.

In the light of this latest bollock blow , anyone still giving it the "it's his club, he can do what he wants" gubbins can get t fuck too tbh.

Thats the thing, people were taken in by that whole bollocks at the time and they will be again.

There was never any intention of selling the space off, it was always going to be Spurt Direct, just another lie to paint over the fact hes taking free advertising.

The stadiums gonna be an absolute embarrasment next season.

. Sports Direct plastered everywhere around the stadium

. No atmosphere

. A bunch of p*ssed up chavs next to the away fans where theyll get outsung, giving the away team an even stronger presence

Wouldnt be surprised to see sports direct get engraved into the turf aswell

He's turning us into an embarrasment, who only serves to please himself. We must the only club in England not run for the fans

Thats the thing, people were taken in by that whole bollocks at the time and they will be again.

There was never any intention of selling the space off, it was always going to be Spurt Direct, just another lie to paint over the fact hes taking free advertising.

Not just free advertising but millions of pounds of revenue the club will never see.

For me it's the only reason he wanted the club and the reason why he won't sell up.

The cunt would spend more on one night on gambling than he would on worthy North East causes.

Stevie is that you mate? I met you at the Shields derby with me mate Craig? Good crack if it was you.

That's foul.

Surely that 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' sign is now historical and a massive part of our branding?

I hope it's not true.

Totally agree.

Pretty much an iconic backdrop.

Its the inescapability of all this tawdry shite in terms of a matchday .

No surprises what these bastard rolling LED hordings will show either .

You used to able to see it through the gate but they hung a massive rubber curtain from it a couple of years ago.

I'm looking at that sentence, seeing Fist lurking and waiting for the payoff.

Don't want to jump in as this may just be rumour but if true it's just another (to be forgotten in a few months by most) shit move by the men in charge. Arsenal got £100M from Emirates a few years ago, Man City get their £400M whilst we get no capital outlay.

Free advertising till someone buys the naming rights to our stadium. They wanted £20M a season if I remember correctly? Are we getting £20M in the meantime? Long term NUFC could be a nice little earner Mike Trotter and Rodney Llambias.