Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You used to able to see it through the gate but they hung a massive rubber curtain from it a couple of years ago.

I'm looking at that sentence, seeing Fist lurking and waiting for the payoff.

^_^

Edit; go on- google " rub her curtains".

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Don't want to jump in as this may just be rumour but if true it's just another (to be forgotten in a few months by most) shit move by the men in charge. Arsenal got £100M from Emirates a few years ago, Man City get their £400M whilst we get no capital outlay.

Free advertising till someone buys the naming rights to our stadium. They wanted £20M a season if I remember correctly? Are we getting £20M in the meantime? Long term NUFC could be a nice little earner Mike Trotter and Rodney Llambias.

there never was any intent to sell the naming rights. It was simply a cover to gain the free space for SD.

Man City get their £400M whilst we get no capital outlay.

I think Man City's might just be a little bit dodgy.

You don't say! ^_^

But still, if the Emirates was worth £100M then surely we should be good for at least £50M?

Don't want to jump in as this may just be rumour but if true it's just another (to be forgotten in a few months by most) shit move by the men in charge. Arsenal got £100M from Emirates a few years ago, Man City get their £400M whilst we get no capital outlay.

Free advertising till someone buys the naming rights to our stadium. They wanted £20M a season if I remember correctly? Are we getting £20M in the meantime? Long term NUFC could be a nice little earner Mike Trotter and Rodney Llambias.

there never was any intent to sell the naming rights. It was simply a cover to gain the free space for SD.

No, I think it was put out there for any bites however unlikely this was. A win/win for sportsdirect and our owner.

Man City get their £400M whilst we get no capital outlay.

I think Man City's might just be a little bit dodgy.

You don't say! ^_^

But still, if the Emirates was worth £100M then surely we should be good for at least £50M?

The Man City deal is £400m over 10 years for stadium and shirt. £40m a season innit?

Man U got £20m a season for shirt sponsorship alone in 2009, so although a huge amount for a club that just won it's first trophy in donkeys, it looks to be about the going rate for a 'top club'.

Didn't realise "Etihad’s literal meaning in Arabic is ‘united’" though :)

This was from a mate who's NU daft and works in commercial signage, do stuff nationally and gets to know which companies are doing what etc.

It's a Leeds based signage contractor that catfunt uses . Wouldnt need a planning application as far as i know either (as unseen by public as it were) , unlike his external plethora he got permission for other year .

May or may not happen of course, but i'm not coming from a 'wum' angle put it that way .

They've got no class whatsoever

What are they gaining anyway from putting another logo there, it's infuriating and embarassing that they've got no principles about it.

I'm now waiting for Sports Direct to appear on our club badge now ^_^

Would you be ok with SD being the shirt sponsor?

What are they gaining anyway from putting another logo there, it's infuriating and embarassing that they've got no principles about it.

Nope

But I'm preparing my anus for it to happen

Nope

But I'm preparing my anus for it to happen

But a bingo company or a discredited insurance giant is ok?

I think Sport Direct's accounts may have to show transactions with related parties, though I'm not sure if the club counts as a related party for consolidation purposes in this case.

Surely it would be in Mike Ashleys interest to pay NUFC (himself) sponsorship money from Sports Direct (plc).

I cant see why NUFC MA would give it free to SD MA.

Doesnt make sense?

None at all, if he doesnt pay it to NUFC it gets taxed. Correct ewerk?

Surely it would be in Mike Ashleys interest to pay NUFC (himself) sponsorship money from Sports Direct (plc).

Doesnt make sense?

Surely it's effectively 'free' either way though.

Doesnt make sense?

None at all, if he doesnt pay it to NUFC it gets taxed. Correct ewerk?

I'm not sure how the whole group/MASH thing is structured and whether the club's losses can be transferred to Ashley's other companies.

But I can't imagine SD's board/other shareholders being terribly impressed with him putting huge money our way

Doesnt make sense?

The point being he is the CEO of SD and will be paid a wage and bonus based on performance. It is a plc with shareholders.

NUFC however is 100% his and therefore in theory, any profit after tax can go straight into his bank account.

No one at SD could argue that there is no value is the advertising they are getting so it would seem sensible for him to set up a payment from SD to NUFC.

It is so much in his interest to do it, I can't see any reason / benefit why he wouldn't.

Doesnt make sense?

The point being he is the CEO of SD and will be paid a wage and bonus based on performance. It is a plc with shareholders.

NUFC however is 100% his and therefore in theory, any profit after tax can go straight into his bank account.

No one at SD could argue that there is no value is the advertising they are getting so it would seem sensible for him to set up a payment from SD to NUFC.

It is so much in his interest to do it, I can't see any reason / benefit why he wouldn't.

what, you can’t see any reason for him to benefit his beloved SD at the expense of NUFC’s sponsorship revenues? — blimey!

Doesnt make sense?

what, you can’t see any reason for him to benefit his beloved SD at the expense of NUFC’s sponsorship revenues? — blimey!

No, the point is why dig into his personal fortune to put the odd £20 million into NUFC when he could charge SD £20 million instead and not really effect his salary there or the share price etc.

Maybe there is a reason, Im just not sure what it is.

From the 2009 accounts:

During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to companies associated with Mr MJW Ashley, the ultimate shareholder of the company's parent company, St James' Holdings limited. No consideration was paid or payable for these services and the cost associated with the services in the prior year was £42,250.

The club received no money from SD in 2008 & 2009, in fact we paid the costs for the privilege.