Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

So the public image of the club that viewers on TV will see the most is a (free) advert for the owner's retail outlets.

A new low?....I'm struggling to think how things could get worse, but falling crowds (10k missing v Fulham, they dont bring more than a bus full but its still a oncern) and pitting fans against each other in the south east corner may just be a prelude to relegation. That would be worse than the last time the err "businessman" lost a fortune by shoving us down the trap door last time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair like - that would be class & it would certainly improve Nile's game.

BLING BLING black & white army.

Unfortunately we all know what the reality is.

The name of the club is inviolable and it really is about time the various supporters groups and fanzines put their differences to one side and got behind an organised protest. I know the FMA fan club will prattle on about how they achieve nothing and upset the players, but at some point we have to stop letting FMA fuck us over and stand up for our club. Doing nothing while this kind of shit is going doesn't equate to loving your club.

I fully agree with the sentiment but what will a protest achieve? He won't change and it won't get us sold. All well and good making our voices heard, but nothing would come of it.

Do you think Ashley just thinks of ways he can upset the fans?

I just don't get it. Do Etihad have their logo plastered all over the Man City stadium? Emirates at Arsenal's? Even Reebok at Bolton?

I appreciate that he owns the club, so don't mind some of the SD logos. But to remove that iconic lettering, knowing the heritage of it and the pride fans take in it... it's just beyond me.

Again though, it might just be maintenance.

Guest Your Name Here
To be fair like - that would be class & it would certainly improve Nile's game.

BLING BLING black & white army.

Unfortunately we all know what the reality is.

The name of the club is inviolable and it really is about time the various supporters groups and fanzines put their differences to one side and got behind an organised protest. I know the FMA fan club will prattle on about how they achieve nothing and upset the players, but at some point we have to stop letting FMA fuck us over and stand up for our club. Doing nothing while this kind of shit is going doesn't equate to loving your club.

I fully agree with the sentiment but what will a protest achieve? He won't change and it won't get us sold. All well and good making our voices heard, but nothing would come of it.

I understand what you’re saying but we can’t say we love NUFC and then stand by and do nothing while the club is treated like shit. Give up without even trying.

There’s an outside possibility this is some form of maintenance but if it isn’t we have to make a stand. There’s has to be point where we say enough is enough and start putting up a fight.

What would you do if he changed the home colours to red and blue?

heh imagine this if he replaced newcastle united with sports direct or paiinted each letter sports direct colors haha that would go down well lol

Edited by DEADMAN

Guest Your Name Here
if its the nufc name on the side where it says newcastle united they do look abit worn so maybe there getten cleaned

This is true and it could be a renovation project. It might explain the random way the letters have been removed. On the other hand it is a prime spot for TV exposure. We’ll find out soon enough, for now we can take solace in our successful transfer window.

Guest Your Name Here
Maintenance?

When as that happened in all the time they've been up?

Never.

I'm just clutching at straws as it were.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I wouldn’t put the past the club to decide to repaint the lettering but not tell anyone so they can sit back and laugh at us getting wound up when the name of the club starts dissapearing.

Maintenance?

When as that happened in all the time they've been up?

Never.

I'm just clutching at straws as it were.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I wouldn’t put the past the club to decide to repaint the lettering but not tell anyone so they can sit back and laugh at us getting wound up when the name of the club starts dissapearing.

The letters won't paint themselves. With the rising costs of paint and labour to apply said paint, it's plain to see that the 35M is going to improving the club.

It genuinely makes me physically sick & emotionally upset to see that picture but you can put a smiley on your post?

Indeed ... awful, awful stuff ... like the club/ground is being taken to the knackers yard.

Ashley and Derek, you are horrible, horrible human beings.

They've taken down C, U, N and T

:clapping:

mmm good spot . the way the rig is 'set' doesn't look as though cantilevered (i.e. access higher up the fascia not possible ?)

could be aMakemfake - not read anything to go with this sole picture either

no sign of any 'removed' letters on the narrow gantry either ? do they take one down then descend/ascend ? mmmmm

Dr Fist - don't you do this kind of highwire shenanegans ? what's your diagnosis mate ? . .

#themysterymachine

Guest Your Name Here
ceGGG.jpg

Looks to me like they're checking them and resecuring the dodgy ones. Why? Because you wouldn't move the gantry randomly along if you were removing them, you'd do them one after each other.

Thats a very fair point like.

Then again, if they were replacing the nuts/bolts/fastenings it would make sense to do all of them when they were up there would it not?