Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

Been trying to remember when the name of the club was added to the East Stand, think it was during the first stage of the redevelopment back in 93. Yes/No?

I think no, this pic is from 96 and it's not there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bulgaria...a_Euro_96_A.jpg

That's the Milburn that pal. It went up in 93 or 94. I vividly remember a game against Liverpool which would've been 7 wins out of 7 but Pavel fucked up an Ian Rush shot, and it was up then, that was 94, cos I gave me fatha my seat at the back of the leazes and I had me mates in the front row and remember looking up at it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying to remember when the name of the club was added to the East Stand, think it was during the first stage of the redevelopment back in 93. Yes/No?

I think no, this pic is from 96 and it's not there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bulgaria...a_Euro_96_A.jpg

That's the Milburn that pal. It went up in 93 or 94. I vividly remember a game against Liverpool which would've been 7 wins out of 7 but Pavel fucked up an Ian Rush shot, and it was up then, that was 94, cos I gave me fatha my seat at the back of the leazes and I had me mates in the front row and remember looking up at it.

They put it up at the same time they put the crest above the Milburn (seen in this photo). I think they went up when the corner re-developments were completed. At a guess I'd say summer of 1994.

Speaking of the crest, I never understood why they didn't move it to the Gallowgate end when the L7 development happened.

Telling ya now it better not have fucking puma logos on either side of it either, fucking black cats up there.

If nothing else it'd be stating our intention for shit club kits for a few years yet. The Puma deal is up this summer, isn't it?

Didn't someone say over a month ago that they'd heard it from their mate in the signage business?

Too much of a coincidence IMO.

I posted it a while ago then "I Love Sir Bobby" I think it was posted about his mate in the signage business

*just as long as you credit the original story break with me.... B)

ITK me like :D

Apparently this is what's gonna happen next @ St.James. This fucka has gone all Gaddafi now.

http://www.football.co.uk/newcastle_united...ss1821081.shtml

"Mike Ashley has instructed his stadium 'mafia' to catch the fans who are starting the anti-Ashley chants at Newcastle games. According to the Chronicle "up to 150 Toon fans are facing sanctions from club officials after they violated stadium rules". But that is just PART of the story. Ashley is out to ban those that start the chants, and he has already tried to break up the singing section at St James' Park, and now he wants to go one further by BANNING season ticket holders. Newcastle United chiefs claim "vile chants and abusive language have made life miserable for those sitting in the south east corner of St James’ Park" but we hear Ashley motive is to stop chants against himself. The club’s security chief today confirmed they had issued letters to between 100 and 150 fans. And those who have ignored repeated warnings over standing during games will receive a letter informing them they could be temporarily banned from St James’ Park. A row broke out between club officials and fans after stadium chiefs revealed they intended to extend the upper tier of the family enclosure, increasing it from a 5,000 capacity to 6,500. And the Toon 'singers' who occupy the so-called “singing section” launched a co-ordinated effort to stay together elsewhere in the ground. But the club says it has been inundated with angry ticket holders after “vile abuse” and “threats of violence” from the group’s new home in the south east corner of the stadium. Prior to the clash with Fulham, every seat in the ground’s south east corner was given a leaflet asking them not to violate club rules."

Further to our rumours about the club sign earlier this week, a groundsman at the club has supposedly claimed that the sign will not be replaced with identical letters as the club had claimed, but will feature the SportsDirect.com logo flanking either side of the club crest. Again, not confirmed, but just a rumour

From United for Newcastle

what it will look like is this

sports direct NEWCASTLE UNITED sports direct

or sports NEWCASTLE UNITED direct

ashleys really pushing it when are people gonna stand up for the club and force him out never cause the geordies are becoming soft bastards

what it will look like is this

sports direct NEWCASTLE UNITED sports direct

or sports NEWCASTLE UNITED direct

ashleys really pushing it when are people gonna stand up for the club and force him out never cause the geordies are becoming soft bastards

probably gonna look like this:

SPORTS NUFC DIRECT

if this is true that sports direct is going next to it however its placed positioned god help ashley cause all hell will break loose that newcastle united sign has been there for as long as i can remember since i was born in 84 blyme

lol tecato it wouldnt suprise me ashley will try anything to not only ruin the image of the club on how it used to look like before he came in but will also piss the fans off badly

lol tecato it wouldnt suprise me ashley will try anything to not only ruin the image of the club on how it used to look like before he came in but will also piss the fans off badly

He's a cunnterhead. I'll bet he's number 1 on your list, deadaz

The East Stand against Blackburn will read PUMA logo, SPORTS DIRECT NEWCASTLE UNITED SPORTS DIRECT, puma logo.

4FS. How tacky :( We want Shepherd back.

Have you got proof of this Stevie?

Hardly the 'identical' sign we were told about :icon_lol:

EDIT: and also suggests the Puma deal will last beyond next summer :o:icon_lol:

Just as well Toontalk are just guessing because a few weeks ago they said something completely different!

Nah it's Wraith's contact within the club. He's normally right to be fair to him.